Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Here was the 2nd time I got pulled over lol
Attachment 233726
Damn man thats atleast three fn squad cars for too dark of taillights?? That first one was bullshit too, I think I would have called for another squad car to end that bullshit on the first one...surprised you could keep your cool Id be furious...

I dont know if Ill make it out next weekend because of the race but hopefully here soon.

Anybody want a set of black c6 z06's? found some 35th wheels Im trying to pick up.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

That **** was ******* crazy lastnight. James what did you get pulled over for on the second time?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
damn they r after u
lol I know right! There was way more than that there a few minutes later. All of the cops that showed up was behind me within 5 minutes. There was about 10 of them! All over some Taillights. hahaha

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
ive got pics of the first time.. lol last night was a ton of fun though
You should post up some pics bro. And video.
Hell at least post up the picture of me pulled over next to steak n shake. hahaha
Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
i got to the meet at like 6:45 and walked around a litle but didnt talk to anyone just kinda lurked lol. then you guys were leaving so i was just gonna tag along to see what happens. so i fall in a couple cars from the back and as soon as we get on 65 im all over it and my passanger side dual comes off when im WOT at about 95 mph! lol i had to pull over and a few guys passed me and before i ripped it the rest of the way off i lost you guys!

I meet up with a T/A later on 31 in greenwood that was blown of some sorts, black in color. we got on it once thats it

Ill for sure be down next meet, and hopefully not get into a trouble with the fuzz!
and ill leave my guns at home i guess!
Damn man, That sucks. You should've called me or texted me and we could've met up.
And the Black TA was a buddy of mine. It has a rear mount Turbo on it and a 6.0L in it. But it's only on 5 lbs. right now bc he has some other issues to finish with the car.

Originally Posted by 04avalanche
i had a blast last night. got to meet some cool people. that was some bs with the cops though. they need to worry about actual crimes going down instead of some guys in camaros romping it down 31. might be down for next weekend, not sure whats going on since its memorial day weekend.
I agree man, I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. As for the PIGS! Fu(k Em and I'll be out next week too! Minus the Blacked out taillights lol.

Originally Posted by jrob56
Damn man thats atleast three fn squad cars for too dark of taillights?? That first one was bullshit too, I think I would have called for another squad car to end that bullshit on the first one...surprised you could keep your cool Id be furious...

I dont know if Ill make it out next weekend because of the race but hopefully here soon.

Anybody want a set of black c6 z06's? found some 35th wheels Im trying to pick up.
TRUST ME BRO! I was pissed! But I have learned that the best way to deal with cops is to just let it go, file a complaint and go from there. Otherwise you'll just end up in jail for dis-orderly conduct!

Originally Posted by AlaskaBlack
That **** was ******* crazy lastnight. James what did you get pulled over for on the second time?
I was just cruising behind everyone when out of knowhere the cop that ran everybody out of the gas station came up on my a$$ and hit his lights. About that time, I pulled over and 2 more came. The others ran all you guys off, and then all of the other cops came over to join the party too.
But the cop came up to the car and said he pulled me over bc he couldn't see my taillights when I was in the pack of cars. But once he pulled me over and got behind me, then he saw they were just tinted. So he was really cool about it and just told me that I may wanna try to get some differnt taillights or maybe strip the paint off bc they are too dark and someone may hit me if they don't see me. WHICH HE IS CORRECT! I'm not gonna argue that, bc it is safety related. But the first time, The whole exhaust issue was just BS!
He cited me for... (As written on the ticket)-----> improper muffler (straight pipes)
Needless to say, this cop was a really nice guy and even asked why there where like 40 cars in that parking lot. I said we all had a carshow today and we decided to just hang-out late, and someone suggested that parking lot was a good place to hang-out at. lol
He said oh ok, Well thats cool. I was just wondering bc I have never seen that many badass cars on this side of town at 1 time. lmao!
Thats how we represent here in INDY. lol
LS1Tech REWLZ... hahaha
Then he told me to have a good night and drive safe.

It was a CRAZY night.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220001.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220002.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220003.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220004.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220005.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220006.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220007.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220008.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220022.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220024.jpg
Old 05-23-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220023.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220026.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220030.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220012.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5220015.jpg

Then we all had to get gas at the end of the night, and these were a couple of the fastest cars there... Built Supercharged Viper, C6 Z06 Vette with Cam/Intake/Exhaust/Tune/Nitto DR's, and to the right was a Maroon Trans Am with a TSP 402 Stroker and a 175 Shot of nitrous.

Also some of the other people to show up was a Procharged C6 Vette, Me in my 403 Stroker Camaro, a cammed LS1 RX7, a Whole bunch of Cammed LS1 Cars, Cobra's, Mach 1's, GT's, Big Block Nova that runs 8's on Spray, and a ton more came out to play. Out of all the FAST cars, I was 1 of the slowest for a change. lol
It's hard to compete when you are NA and almost all of the FAST cars have some kind of Power adder. FML "N/A" FTL
LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5230006.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5230008.jpg

LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)-p5230009.jpg

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 05-23-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
i got to the meet at like 6:45 and walked around a litle but didnt talk to anyone just kinda lurked lol. then you guys were leaving so i was just gonna tag along to see what happens. so i fall in a couple cars from the back and as soon as we get on 65 im all over it and my passanger side dual comes off when im WOT at about 95 mph! lol i had to pull over and a few guys passed me and before i ripped it the rest of the way off i lost you guys!

I meet up with a T/A later on 31 in greenwood that was blown of some sorts, black in color. we got on it once thats it

Ill for sure be down next meet, and hopefully not get into a trouble with the fuzz!
and ill leave my guns at home i guess!
Yeah I saw you pull up before we left...was going to ask you about the car but than we decided to leave..figured id talk to you at suds but never saw you after edwards lol..that sucks about the exhaust
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

wheres my picture at lol
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Launching!

It was a very fun time. James you deff have a bullseye on your back. I had a tail light out all night and that Red Mach has about the darkest tail lights i have seen but you got pulled over for that...

Thanks James for putting the meet together.

Nice to meet alot of you guys, hope to see you out again.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

The red mach got pulled over for taillights...as we were all racing in front of the cop lol
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Dam wish I woulda been there. Liked that 70 Roadrunner! Got anymore pics of it? Dam James sounds like a bullseye on ur Car.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

yea ill be down for the next meet and chat with more of you for sure, lol only next time ill have new exhaust on the thing!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

No problem man for putting on the meet. I enjoy having them, so thats why I do them.
As for the bullseye on my car, I agree. I might as well just put a sticker on it saying pull me over for free donuts. Fu(king Pigs...
And the Mach 1 did get pulled over on the interstate too. But I think he got a warning also.
As for the racing, That was the best part of the whole night. I mean, Hanging out and talking is cool, But when you get the chance to GTFD... I Love It! lol

Also! Alaska, Your car runs Damn good Bro. Good way to make me work for it. haha DIG's suck on the street. lol (I love doing Honda Races.)
Also, That was a Good run between Harbaugh and Joey.

What did everyone think of the Viper and the Vettes? They were hauling a$$ on the interstate.

Well what does everyone think about a lap around 465 sometime next month? LMK! I have always wanted to do that, So if there is any interest I'll post a date and time that will work for most people.

James
Old 05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Launching!

The red mach got pulled over for taillights...as we were all racing in front of the cop lol
oh.... His are dark. Prob too dark imo. looks good though

Your car is bad *** man... I was next to you and saw you do some 30-40mph pulls and it just ***** and gets!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007

Well what does everyone think about a lap around 465 sometime next month? LMK! I have always wanted to do that, So if there is any interest I'll post a date and time that will work for most people.

James
Old 05-24-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
oh.... His are dark. Prob too dark imo. looks good though

Your car is bad *** man... I was next to you and saw you do some 30-40mph pulls and it just ***** and gets!
thanks, its loud as hell with the cutout open though! lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Launching!

thanks, its loud as hell with the cutout open though! lol
I need to get one of those My car is fine when i am by myself driving around. But nights like sat it is damn near embarrasing to have a car you cant tell is running once everyone starts thier car up
Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Teching In

im down for the lap around indy
Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

The trip from the tire shop to the last spot was fun for sure. That Viper made me feel like I drive a slow POS lol. For some reason the trip there was alot quicker than the trip back lol. BTW, the mach is a buddy of mine and he did get off with just a warning. Here is what the cop said after he pulled the mach over:

After asking for his information he asks my buddy if he knew why he pulled him over and he told him for having too dark of taillights. Then he asks him why everyone in the group keeps slowing down to like 40 mph and speeding up to 100mph+ lol. I don't know how my buddy responded to that but I am sure he was like, oh idk we are just cruisin, lol. Then the cop gave him all his info back and told him to quit driving like a dumb *** and let him go, lol. The cop obviously had no idea what was going on at the very front of the pack, haha.

BTW, as we were getting run out of the lot by the cops one of the cops said to the TT vette, "You guys out here drag racin?" and it was in kind of a clueless hillbilly tone, haha. It cracked me up. I was thinking no, we are just all out here in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of bad *** cars standing on the side of the road for no reason, lol.

When you think about it we were all pretty lucky. The things that people got pulled over for were pretty minor compared to what we were doing and what we had done. If they only had clue what was going on I am sure they would have been towing away a nice collection of Vettes, a Viper, and a few F body's, lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Launching!

So the moral of the story is about 700 traffic laws were broken by a group of cars in a 6 hour span and only 1 ticket was handed out (for something that was bs - James/exhaust) a couple warnings for tail lights. Really thats not to bad

We need an abandoned airport or something...
Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

LMAO... That is sooo True man! Those cops had to have known what was going on though. EITHER THAT OR THEY HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE STONE AGE! LOL
Either way, we all got lucky as hell. And it was definentely a fun night.
I talked to the guy in the Blue Nova (I won't say his name on here) But his nitrous was not working that night and they were trying to get it figured out and then the damn cops showed up. However he is planning on trying to get a run in with the Viper next weekend sometime. So we'll see what happens. I'll post a video of that when it goes down though!

And can you imagine the look on the cops' face when the 1 turned around (and shined his spotlight on us) and saw like 50+ people running to their cars, and a WHOLE parking lot full of cars come flying out onto the road. hahaha
Thats Priceless. I wish I was recording that at the time it was happening.

Quick Reply: LS1Tech meet at Edwards Drive In on 5-22-2010 (Rained out last week *New Date)