Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Automation Car show PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait til next year. I want to take one of the cars up.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

My clutch slave cylinder is no longer living i killed it up there...
I have been eyeing a tick setup and monster stage 3 and the tick two tranny build now i jus need the cash to do it... Maybe i'll jus wait and buy the parts over winter and do the rebuild this winter (might as well do it right if i got to pull out the tranny for the slave) then i can keep the car under 60k miles for another year...

The dsm was originally gonna run my buddy's 05 maroon GT but ever since he put in a ram cluth it won't shift over 4500 rpms, well he fixed it for a couple hundred miles then it came back, (he told me what the deal was i jus don't remember what he had said) so he's getting a different clutch, and well the guy ridin with him had the terminater so that was that. I know they have tons and tons of videos of racing last weekend i'll have to get them and post them up...

Turbo'd blue pick up tell me more....
A guy from my home town around the madison area had his twin turbo hennsey viper pick up, up there it sat in the entrance to the shamrock all day saturday.

Last edited by JustAGoat; 05-25-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAGoat
My clutch slave cylinder is no longer living i killed it up there...
I have been eyeing a tick setup and monster stage 3 and the tick two tranny build now i jus need the cash to do it... Maybe i'll jus wait and buy the parts over winter and do the rebuild this winter (might as well do it right if i got to pull out the tranny for the slave) then i can keep the car under 60k miles for another year...

The dsm was originally gonna run my buddy's 05 maroon GT but ever since he put in a ram cluth it won't shift over 4500 rpms, well he fixed it for a couple hundred miles then it came back, (he told me what the deal was i jus don't remember what he had said) so he's getting a different clutch, and well the guy ridin with him had the terminater so that was that. I know they have tons and tons of videos of racing last weekend i'll have to get them and post them up...

Turbo'd blue pick up tell me more....
A guy from my home town around the madison area had his twin turbo hennsey viper pick up, up there it sat in the entrance to the shamrock all day saturday.

It looked like you were having trouble getting going on the hill. I just attributed it to the cam. My untuned F14 w/ stage 3 monster in my GTO can be hard to handle at times.

I'll have to get a hold of you next year. Sounds like you know where all the action is. I can't wait to see the videos.

It's my buddy's truck. It's a light blue 1969 Chevy longbed with a 5.3L swap and a turbo from semi (C15 Cat to be exact). It's a pretty sweet/interesting setup that was done pretty cheap and runs damn good.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

My buddy with his terminater beat up on that blue dsm in the silver camaro picture and was going to go race that supra when i was leaving on saturday i'll have to see how he did. I was running around with the stock looking black T/A on saturday for awhile i was running with the cut out open. I figured that was the only place i was going to get away with it... That show is always a good time!!!!!!
I remember seeing, or maybe I should say hearing your TA. It sounded pretty wicked with the cutout open. I was suprised to hear that the Cobra beat my friends Laser, although it was only on pump gas. That car traps 125+ mph in the 1/4 on race gas. Does your buddy with the Cobra have the vid of me racing him Saturday night? If so I would love to see it even though he spun really bad. He wanted to run me from a roll, but instead ran another friends AWD Eclipse and it didnt go to well for the Cobra. Maybe next year we can line up a rematch if he wants.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

It looked like you were having trouble getting going on the hill. I just attributed it to the cam. My untuned F14 w/ stage 3 monster in my GTO can be hard to handle at times.

I'll have to get a hold of you next year. Sounds like you know where all the action is. I can't wait to see the videos.

It's my buddy's truck. It's a light blue 1969 Chevy longbed with a 5.3L swap and a turbo from semi (C15 Cat to be exact). It's a pretty sweet/interesting setup that was done pretty cheap and runs damn good. .

Yea it seemed like the stock clutch was finally going and the peddle was all over the place then one time i pushed it down and it never came back up lol

What color is your GTO, I had a 40th aniversary for a couple of years...

Got any pics of you buddies truck would love to see them!!!!!

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
I remember seeing, or maybe I should say hearing your TA. It sounded pretty wicked with the cutout open. I was suprised to hear that the Cobra beat my friends Laser, although it was only on pump gas. That car traps 125+ mph in the 1/4 on race gas. Does your buddy with the Cobra have the vid of me racing him Saturday night? If so I would love to see it even though he spun really bad. He wanted to run me from a roll, but instead ran another friends AWD Eclipse and it didnt go to well for the Cobra. Maybe next year we can line up a rematch if he wants.
yea that cobra race sounds about right there isn't very much done to it and it should run around 120 mph trap the way he has it i think he was saying like he got the dsm by about a car or two between there bumpers... We'll for sure have to get together next year but i'm pretty sure he'll have a bolt on ls7 vette by then, he want's one bad (in the four years i have known him he has owned about 15 different cars anywhere from brand new vipers to mint hemi cornets and chargers, and a couple of GTO's because of me LOL) did the supra race anyone on saturday night i would love to know!!!! but i'll get with my buddies and get the videos from this last weekend...
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

yea that cobra race sounds about right there isn't very much done to it and it should run around 120 mph trap the way he has it i think he was saying like he got the dsm by about a car or two between there bumpers... We'll for sure have to get together next year but i'm pretty sure he'll have a bolt on ls7 vette by then, he want's one bad (in the four years i have known him he has owned about 15 different cars anywhere from brand new vipers to mint hemi cornets and chargers, and a couple of GTO's because of me LOL) did the supra race anyone on saturday night i would love to know!!!! but i'll get with my buddies and get the videos from this last weekend...
The supra didn't race anyone unfortunately. He REALLY wanted to but had the wrong wastegate spring in and would have over boosted the car on pump gas potentially wrecking his motor. Hopefully your friend will have an LS7 vette next year, I have always wanted to run one and I think it would be a pretty good race between him and I.

I already can't wait for next years show.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

My buddy with his terminater beat up on that blue dsm in the silver camaro picture and was going to go race that supra when i was leaving on saturday i'll have to see how he did. I was running around with the stock looking black T/A on saturday for awhile i was running with the cut out open. I figured that was the only place i was going to get away with it... That show is always a good time!!!!!!

I remember hearing that. Was Loud! haha
Old 05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea it seemed like the stock clutch was finally going and the peddle was all over the place then one time i pushed it down and it never came back up lol

What color is your GTO, I had a 40th aniversary for a couple of years...

Got any pics of you buddies truck would love to see them!!!!!
I had that happen in the GTO except I was *****-to-the-wall...shifting into 3rd...good way to tear up a 3-4 synchro.

My GTO is Cyclone Grey Metallic (looks light blue) 2005.

Let me see if I can find some pics of his truck.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Staging Lane

That truck is pretty bad a**. If you wanna see videos from automotion you should look up wisstreetandtrack and sleepersltd on youtube and you'll find all the vids...

Quick Reply: Automation Car show PICS