Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any midwest LS people.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any midwest LS people.

I live in Minnesota. I came to the conclusion that no one sells anything in the classifies in the midwest area. Does that mean no one drives in the midwest? I mean, winter isn't all that bad. Don't lower your car, throw on some winter tires (yes the heavy, slow, tires), throw on the stock/crap bumpers you have lying around and have a little fun. Or am I wrong?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do we even have a MN thread? I didn't see one listed...not many members around here?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I live in the midwest and have a trans am but it sits all winter. I drove it once in the winter in the past 7 years because I had to and it was horrible and would never do it again. Now it just sits in the garage all winter.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I store mine for the winter, never seen salt or snow...then again, Im a crazy LT1 owner

haha, we've taken my buddy's 94 ta in the winter before...it's just crazy ALWAYS sliding...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Teching In

I live in Minneapolis and will have an LS3 by mid-August. However, I'll probably be the black sheep of the LSx family since it is going into a Miata In addition to the LS3 swap, I'm upgrading the suspension, brakes, and control arms.

I haven't posted much here because I'm lurking and searching to learn as much as I can about these motors and this forum before I ask stupid questions. I do most of my own work including several turbo and SC installs, but decided this motor swap was beyond my time and patience level, so I'm having it done by a company in CO.

Hopefully the car will make its debut at the Corvette of MN autocross and Cars and Coffe events in Septermber. Here is a build diary with pictures of the conversion. You can click on the pictures for a better view.