Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

98 TA update

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 TA update

So I know there were some people that didn't believe what this car could do when it was advertised here. I bought the car from 9sec93. Just so you guys know, if he's selling another car that he says is fast or runs x time. You better buy it. I couldn't be happier. I drive it to and from the track 45 miles away on Pump Gas. Rip off 9 second passes and stop at subway for dinner. This is on a fat 150 shot tune with minimal suspension tuning. There is alot left in it. I'm barely touching what this car is capable of.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looked like a solid car when it was for sale and the fact that it does indeed run 9's is bad ***
Old 07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is awesome jeff. i didnt think i would but i kinda miss this car. once you get the 60' straightened out and start to lean on it a bit more im sure low 9's would be a walk in the park.

also thanks for the kind words. i must say it was a pleasure dealing with you. the whole transaction was fairly simple and stress free, especially considering you live 4,000 miles away. keep in touch.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Anything phil sell's is spot on.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sec93
that is awesome jeff. i didnt think i would but i kinda miss this car. once you get the 60' straightened out and start to lean on it a bit more im sure low 9's would be a walk in the park.

also thanks for the kind words. i must say it was a pleasure dealing with you. the whole transaction was fairly simple and stress free, especially considering you live 4,000 miles away. keep in touch.
Pm'ed you more details, and two step question. My goal is 9.50 and with that no where close to perfect run, I'm only 3 tenths off. Hell there's two tenths in the 60' to gain. Also I can gain a bit by putting straight 109 in the factory tank and do a 109 motor tune.
This winter will get the 10 point then I can throw the 200 and 250 shots at it and go for low 9's maybe high 8's. Driven to and from the track.
I've softened the fronts up 7 clicks and the back 3. I'm starting to run out of ideas. That's why I pmed the two step question. LOL..
Hell maybe you need a vaction to Alaska. Lol
Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
Anything phil sell's is spot on.
amen I've got forged pistons going in a very nice short block I purchased from him shortly great guy to deal with
Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah. He's got lsx parts like I use to have old school small and big block parts. lol
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

can you post up more pics of the car it looks NASTY!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
9 Second Club

Here are a few more shots.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Another one of my old cars made it to Alaska! Thats two so far.

Phil is the man, I traded cars with him (him getting the one you have) and everything on his old car was very well done. I knew that my old car in his hands would be a beast.

I went 10.1x in it, but with a smoked trans (unknown until Phil opened it up and checked it out...I took the word of a forum member that it was "built"). I'm also alot heavier than most of you.

That car, with the mini tub.....brutal!

Congrats on the times! The car supposedly went 5.89 in the 1/8 with a 1.29 60', if you can believe the guy I bought it from (the guy who dicked us on the tranny). So yeah, I bet it does have some more left in it.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
Another one of my old cars made it to Alaska! Thats two so far.

Phil is the man, I traded cars with him (him getting the one you have) and everything on his old car was very well done. I knew that my old car in his hands would be a beast.

I went 10.1x in it, but with a smoked trans (unknown until Phil opened it up and checked it out...I took the word of a forum member that it was "built"). I'm also alot heavier than most of you.

That car, with the mini tub.....brutal!

Congrats on the times! The car supposedly went 5.89 in the 1/8 with a 1.29 60', if you can believe the guy I bought it from (the guy who dicked us on the tranny). So yeah, I bet it does have some more left in it.
Thanks
Was the 10.1 on the 150 jets that were in it? I went 10.02 on alittle rich 100 shot.
Yeah. The car got the lightweight driver mod. I was concerned about having to readjust the suspension for it but I didn't. It still goes straight as an arrow. I also want to get the rest of the interior plastic for the back and put it back in, along with a few other small detail things it's missing.
1.30 60's are not uncommon. My friend's 98 camaro ran that off the foot brake all day on 28x10.5 mt dr's. The 5.89. We don't do 1/8th mile racing so that number isn't as important to me. Just a referance or maybe a goal.
Right now the 2 step is confusing me and I need to look at what it's doing for launch rpm more closely. But I have only been getting 3 passes for test and tune so it makes adjustments alot harder and we get inconsistant track prep, little to no prep on most weekends and great prep on big weekends. But our track never really heats up because 65 degrees is a hot day for us.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TS6
if you can believe the guy I bought it from (the guy who dicked us on the tranny). So yeah, I bet it does have some more left in it.

You can believe what the guy you bought it from said..I DID make the car run that, just because you couldn't don't mean it cant be done! I wasn't afraid of it and I sprayed it more than you. Hell he ran 6.3x on a 150 shot I ran 5.9x-6.0x and one 5.89 with 300 on slicks not DR's. and as far as dicking you on the Tranny I paid to have it built I didn't do it myself. but I trust the shop that done it and I didn't have any problems. ever think maybe you F'd it up??

I dont know what your bitching about you jewed me down $1000 and then I had to trailer it 250 miles just to help you out. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have moved on the price and made you drive to entire way!

to the OP, stay with it the car does have more in it. you just cant be a puss

Last edited by Ego Killer; 07-14-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:20 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
You can believe what the guy you bought it from said..I DID make the car run that, just because you couldn't don't mean it cant be done! I wasn't afraid of it and I sprayed it more than you. Hell he ran 6.3x on a 150 shot I ran 5.9x-6.0x and one 5.89 with 300 on slicks not DR's. and as far as dicking you on the Tranny I paid to have it built I didn't do it myself. but I trust the shop that done it and I didn't have any problems. ever think maybe you F'd it up??

I dont know what your bitching about you jewed me down $1000 and then I had to trailer it 250 miles just to help you out. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have moved on the price and made you drive to entire way!

to the OP, stay with it the car does have more in it. you just cant be a puss
it will easily go what you claim. just getting the 60' down alone will put him at a 6.0x on his safe 150 shot tune up.
about the trans, it was basically a bone stock th350 with a manual valve body and trans brake. it didnt even have the upgraded drum in it. my dad does transmissions for a living so i seen it first hand. i pulled the trans out to go through it because it took forever for the t-brake to engage. when pulling it apart i was shocked to find that it still had the stock drum and sprag. not mad like i got ripped off but shocked that it held up to the passes that were on it. i am just glad i took the time to pull it and go through it instead of just letting it go. i did put alot of time into it but when it left my house i knew everything about it. the guy that bought it is a good dude and i talk to him every once in a while just to see how everything is going. i keep telling him that once he gets the 60' down to where it needs to be to put the big pills in it and let it eat. i would bet money that on a slick, the big pills, and an aggressive tune-up that it would go 8.9x.
either way, its a bad *** car and the new owner is happy with it and had the courtesy to post up here to give us the updates. so play nice people.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9sec93
it will easily go what you claim. just getting the 60' down alone will put him at a 6.0x on his safe 150 shot tune up.
about the trans, it was basically a bone stock th350 with a manual valve body and trans brake. it didnt even have the upgraded drum in it. my dad does transmissions for a living so i seen it first hand. i pulled the trans out to go through it because it took forever for the t-brake to engage. when pulling it apart i was shocked to find that it still had the stock drum and sprag. not mad like i got ripped off but shocked that it held up to the passes that were on it. i am just glad i took the time to pull it and go through it instead of just letting it go. i did put alot of time into it but when it left my house i knew everything about it. the guy that bought it is a good dude and i talk to him every once in a while just to see how everything is going. i keep telling him that once he gets the 60' down to where it needs to be to put the big pills in it and let it eat. i would bet money that on a slick, the big pills, and an aggressive tune-up that it would go 8.9x.
either way, its a bad *** car and the new owner is happy with it and had the courtesy to post up here to give us the updates. so play nice people.
I talk to Frozen WS6 as well. me and you are the only one who really knows anything about it. I always wondered about that transbreak doing that I just figured it was just that break. I'm just happy someones got it that will enjoy it and knows enough about fast cars on how it make it run. what pissed me off was I went out of my way to help someone that made me fell sorry for them because of their misfortune (not making lite of it what so ever) just to have him discredit my word like I'm not to be trusted, I take pride in being a man of my word and I don't like being called and lier or a cheat. I sold him the car for $15,500 lets say it didn't even have a trans in it, that would be a steal. you could not have built that car for near that or in his case pay someone to build it

I'm done ranting! Like I said before good luck frozen its a bad *** car!
Jason