Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

ohio lsx: cruise to quaker steak and lube, columbus oh

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damnit. Looks like I missed a hell of a meet. Ef my stupid job.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like I left too early. If was nice meeting some new people. our waitress was slow and dumped pop on people...haha.

any one get vids of the racing?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Good meet, sorry I had to be the guy to park on the end like I was cool (Black RX-7), but i guess the mustangs didn't get the 'LSx meet' memo? Or the person working the 'cones'? lol

I kinda wished more people would pop their hoods. Oh well. I had to jet after food so I couldn't stay and BS with everyone. Made it back to Indiana today.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Teching In

It was apretty cool meet.

I don't think the LSX "only" is a rule per se. Mostly seems to be just people into cars and their cars. So if your cool about it and take pride in your ride, I think you are welcome to join in.

I like the mustangs as well and I used to work on a IMSA RX7. I seen you and another leaving sorry i didn't get a chance to check out your cars. I brought an 81 Turbo TA and they are always nice to me.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Us "mustang" guys were in it from the get go. I posted a vid of the racing in the group forum. Def. a good time though.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
Glad you guys could come down... was nice meeting those of you I got to meet.

Gratz Matt on the wins down in Mexico, don't worry about the turf thing, you only got to race what we felt could be a fair race.

Nice meeting you & all of the local guys, as well. It was pretty cool that you were fair about the cars & the racing. Was a great time. Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Berto
Good meet, sorry I had to be the guy to park on the end like I was cool (Black RX-7), but i guess the mustangs didn't get the 'LSx meet' memo? Or the person working the 'cones'? lol

I kinda wished more people would pop their hoods. Oh well. I had to jet after food so I couldn't stay and BS with everyone. Made it back to Indiana today.
2nded only because of the multiple rice carts that popped up at the show. I guess I'm alright with a Mach 1 on my bum rather than in front of me.

Didn't pop mine because it's nothing special..

Also, anyone know who that was selling the LCAs? If only I woulda bothered actually walking more of the lot instead of enjoying a delicious burger, talking shop, and watching some rally cross x-games BS inside.. <_<

Drove home this morning/afternoon with a short stopover at the deserted Jegs HQ. Eh, sunday.. so it also meant 1 cop the whole way back to Toledo. It was fun not even trying to go fast and making other cars stand still on 23/15. Made me realize just what I was driving rather than the ho-hum morning 'off to work' drives. On the weird note: an into another late 4th gen Camaro and tailed it into Findlay.. saluted as we broke formation and I continued north. Good drive back.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

What an awesome day Saturday Afternoon and evening....had a wonderful time cruising with a bunch of beautiful cars and great people....soo happy i got to finally put some faces with all these forum names on the site...cant wait to do it again...gotta do it again before end of summer
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thnks for all the kind words fellas, me and corey will keep it up, and keep getting more and more members. i wish more people would have came to mexico with us......

i will post vids shortly
Old 08-02-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

"I kinda wished more people would pop their hoods."

I purposely keep mine closed,stock 305 hp 140,000 miles never been cleaned/detailed,but I will take the air gun to the engine bay to blow the crap out after a trip. 3 years after driving on the beach at Daytona,I was still finding sand.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Hopefully next time there's a meet my car will be able to make the trip, and I won't get called into work last minute.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Flew our Ohio LSX banner @ "Super Fly" last evening.

To those who may not know: Ohio LSX accepts ALL LSX powered vehicles & ALL Old school GM muscle. This has been stated by one of the founders. As far other cars go, if bobsmyuncle or nasty2002z28 have a problem w/ it, am sure that the owner will hear about it. From what I have experienced, if the car is a guest of a member, it's usually accepted @ that particular meet, unless otherwise noted. Although, wouldn't try to bring a Hundah V-Tech. Ohio LSX is not a HATER club, which is why I respect it so much.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Flew our Ohio LSX banner @ "Super Fly" last evening.

To those who may not know: Ohio LSX accepts ALL LSX powered vehicles & ALL Old school GM muscle. This has been stated by one of the founders. As far other cars go, if bobsmyuncle or nasty2002z28 have a problem w/ it, am sure that the owner will hear about it. From what I have experienced, if the car is a guest of a member, it's usually accepted @ that particular meet, unless otherwise noted. Although, wouldn't try to bring a Hundah V-Tech. Ohio LSX is not a HATER club, which is why I respect it so much.

x2. i only drove the ferd because i dont have the cash to get the TA on the road this summer
Old 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
thnks for all the kind words fellas, me and corey will keep it up, and keep getting more and more members. i wish more people would have came to mexico with us......

i will post vids shortly
Maybe next time.

...I was detailing the car Sat for yesterdays POCI all Pontiac show in Solon. ...came away with a second place. At least it was to an old school GTO.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dre2013
x2. i only drove the ferd because i dont have the cash to get the TA on the road this summer
Oh so you didn't drive it because it would embarrass 90% of the GM guys? Or because it's super sexy? Or because the the power steering is going and it makes a weird whining sound ? Haha
Old 08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Berto

I saw you on the end there. Nice and unique set up. Looks like a sleeper. I was surprized to see only a couple of vettes there. I had the black Z06 with the hood up,lol. I think I was the only Z06.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see some underhood areas of some of the fast cars that were there as well. I guess they are holding something secret?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAmatt99
I would like to see some underhood areas of some of the fast cars that were there as well. I guess they are holding something secret?
Your car sounded very healthy when it pulled in.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Yours did not sound to bad either.I'm chris with Z28 that was next to you.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlkZ061
I saw you on the end there. Nice and unique set up. Looks like a sleeper. I was surprized to see only a couple of vettes there. I had the black Z06 with the hood up,lol. I think I was the only Z06.
beautiful car, my dream car...

Quick Reply: ohio lsx: cruise to quaker steak and lube, columbus oh