Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Questions about KCIR

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions about KCIR

Hey KC guys, I was just curious about the track at KCIR. What kind of crowds to expect on Wed nights/how many passes can you get in etc? Does the track hook good? And how late do they stay open on Weds. I am probably going to be in the area this week and may want to make a few passes. Thanks.....
Old 07-12-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've never been down the track there. Try posting in this thread and you may get some answers

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...nsas-city.html
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Ok, thanks man. Looks like I am going there either way.....
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Teching In

I've been there a few times. Only ran my car there one night and the rest were times going with friends. I only got 3 runs in, but thats also because I left for an hour or so and sat in the stands also. 1 of the 4 times, the track was less than desirable, but the rest of the times, the track prep was very good.

I have only gone on Fridays and a Saturday and on those days, if you got there when the track first opened, you could get a decent amount of passes in. Later at night, it got pretty busy.

IIRC, all of the times, they closed down at 10PM. I believe there is a noise ordinance that prevents them from running later than 10PM.

Good luck
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer
I've been there a few times. Only ran my car there one night and the rest were times going with friends. I only got 3 runs in, but thats also because I left for an hour or so and sat in the stands also. 1 of the 4 times, the track was less than desirable, but the rest of the times, the track prep was very good.

I have only gone on Fridays and a Saturday and on those days, if you got there when the track first opened, you could get a decent amount of passes in. Later at night, it got pretty busy.

IIRC, all of the times, they closed down at 10PM. I believe there is a noise ordinance that prevents them from running later than 10PM.

Good luck
I'm not sure if you're aware, but your sig says "I love the ****." Just thought I'd let you know...
Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by L-EATER
Hey KC guys, I was just curious about the track at KCIR. What kind of crowds to expect on Wed nights/how many passes can you get in etc? Does the track hook good? And how late do they stay open on Weds. I am probably going to be in the area this week and may want to make a few passes. Thanks.....
I have only done once, and it was a Friday, track prep was kinda shitty.. I got like 8 runs in could have gotten more, I just didn't wanna hot lap it! There are decent crowds for a Wednesday night! I went 2 weeks ago and was very surprised about how many people were there! Open at 5 or 5:30, and u can run till 10!

Vince

Quick Reply: Questions about KCIR