Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

New Car Club in Southeast Michigan: Detroit Muscle Association

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Club in Southeast Michigan: Detroit Muscle Association

As of November 2010, me and some friends have started our own car club in the Metro Detroit area in preparation for the 2011 racing season.

The Official club name is: Detroit Muscle Association

Our site went live last week and we are very excited for our first season!

We are still working out some of the details with the site and the club as a whole and appreciate and support/feedback that is received.

We also have our own forum now that can be found here

Last edited by DetroitSpeedJunkie; 12-09-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish you guys lots of luck on this and hope it works out for you. But in my honest opinion having a 12.50 timeslip as part of the membership requirements is going to alienate alot of potential members. Especially when your also asking them to pay annual dues. Again I'm not trying to harp on anyone but merely giving some constructive feedback based on my own experience in several other associations.
If you want it to succeed don't put limits on yourselves or your membershp.
Remember in the end it's not about the Cars it's about the People.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1W66
I wish you guys lots of luck on this and hope it works out for you. But in my honest opinion having a 12.50 timeslip as part of the membership requirements is going to alienate alot of potential members. Especially when your also asking them to pay annual dues. Again I'm not trying to harp on anyone but merely giving some constructive feedback based on my own experience in several other associations.
If you want it to succeed don't put limits on yourselves or your membershp.
Remember in the end it's not about the Cars it's about the People.
Thank you for your feedback.

Let me see if I can clarify a few things. The car club is more of a race team than a "social club". All of the founding members love going to race at the track and have a passion for American muscle cars.

This is where the 12.50 time slip comes into play. While 12.5 is not amazingly fast, it is also not horribly slow. For the average street car 12.5 would actually be pretty quick. We have this time requirement to stand out from being average. Sure, we could have a 13.5 minimum time slip but there are a ton of cars that would be running that time stock. Therefore the 12.5 1/4mi. time is not impossible to reach, but depending on the vehicle it will take some mods to reach that time.

We all love working on cars and making them faster so it only seems fitting in my personal opinion.

Like we have stated on the site, we have nothing against 12.60 and slower cars however, we are aiming to stay above average. (not saying 12.60 is average)

In regards to the annual dues, there are none. The only money that is required from members is related to purchases made by the club as a whole. For example, each member was asked to contribute to the purchase of the domain for our website. It is beneficial to all members and is part of the club as a whole. In short, money from members will go towards hats, shirts, track rentals, and group sponsored events etc...all when the time comes.

Hope to have cleared up any questions/concerns that you may have. If not, please feel free to contact me on here or on our site.

Thank you
Old 12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I joined today.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BODUKE
I joined today.
Thank you for the support and welcome to the site!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

DMA MEETING FEBRUARY 19, 2011 AT 1PM

We are having our next meeting Saturday, February 19 at 1pm. It will be held at BD Mongolian Barbeque in Downtown Royal Oak

430 South Main Street, Royal Oak

It will be held in the Warrior Room. Reserved under Detroit Muscle Association. Please confirm by registering so we can get a head count. Please be on time due to limited time for the room reservation

Anyone who is truly interested in being a part of DMA MUST be in attendance for this meeting. Important group information will be discussed and dues will be collected. Dues are $20 per month. We will also discuss what your dues are going toward during this meeting.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or on our website.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Bump for meeting reminder.

Quick Reply: New Car Club in Southeast Michigan: Detroit Muscle Association