Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speedshop in Central IL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speedshop in Central IL?

I have a 02 WS6 & live in Springfield, IL. I'm looking for a shop I can get my car worked on and I do not know of any speedshops in the area. Does anyone know of any? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

What do you need done? There is a shop over on Jefferson, about 1 block east of Bruns Lane. Its called Law Automotive. He has done some work for me in the past and I know of a few LS1 cars that he has worked on. Top notch owner and shop.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by flyinZ
What do you need done? There is a shop over on Jefferson, about 1 block east of Bruns Lane. Its called Law Automotive. He has done some work for me in the past and I know of a few LS1 cars that he has worked on. Top notch owner and shop.

I'm looking for to get some 4.10 gears put in. I have the gears & nothing else w/ it. Also, I'm looking to get spark plugs put in on the passanger side (couldn't reach the old ones) & new thermostat put in.

I know exactly where that shop is. I'm still kinda new to the area and not sure of who to trust. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, they should be able to set you up, no problem. The owner, used to be a mechanic for the Penske Racing team, years ago. They actually might have a website, if you wanna look them up.

I had a problem with my top end, shortly after getting everything installed. I had a noise in it and couldn't find it anywhere. I took it to them and they found the problem, fixed it and adjusted the valves afterward. It sounded like 100 times better, when I got it back.

I think he also has another shop, out by the airport, but they do mostly restoration jobs (autobody, etc) out there. The last one I knew of, was a 1st Gen camaro and they put an LT1/4L60E drivetrain in it. Very badass car.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Yep, they should be able to set you up, no problem. The owner, used to be a mechanic for the Penske Racing team, years ago. They actually might have a website, if you wanna look them up.

I had a problem with my top end, shortly after getting everything installed. I had a noise in it and couldn't find it anywhere. I took it to them and they found the problem, fixed it and adjusted the valves afterward. It sounded like 100 times better, when I got it back.

I think he also has another shop, out by the airport, but they do mostly restoration jobs (autobody, etc) out there. The last one I knew of, was a 1st Gen camaro and they put an LT1/4L60E drivetrain in it. Very badass car.
Sounds great. I'll have to look into 'em both. Hopefully they're not too expensive. Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know its a little bit of a drive, but Performance Transmissions in Clinton has built the rear end in my Turbo Buick and replaced the pinion seal in my Camaro, very reasonable and they are drag racing guys to boot, so they're fun to chat with!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
I know its a little bit of a drive, but Performance Transmissions in Clinton has built the rear end in my Turbo Buick and replaced the pinion seal in my Camaro, very reasonable and they are drag racing guys to boot, so they're fun to chat with!
I think that's about hours drive. But I'll look into them as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Speedshop in Central IL?