Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Chassis Dyno near Fort Wayne

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH man lol this is looking like a fun summer gearing up already! This stupid weather needs to leave!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Yes it does! I can't wait till the warmer weather. Seems like it will be a good year
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

What kind of cars do you Warsaw guys have?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
What kind of cars do you Warsaw guys have?
A turbo 96 cobra this year. Buddy has a lt1 with cam and a small shot.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackBirds
so......anyone know of shops that have dyno's with steady-state capability?
You will need to "road" tune your cars, and power tune them on the dyno. RACE cars are tuned at the race track and STREET cars are tuned on the street.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the thing is this car cant go on the road. Its not registered or plated, its insured for storage only, and its the exact opposite of "street legal", ie. no interior, seat belts, and the exhaust is only open headers w/ 16" turndowns.

A road tune is impossible, thats why i'm looking for a steady state dyno so I can still get solid counts on those part throttle cells so the car wont stumble under any random condition.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Street tuning is retarded anyways. It's no surprise certain groups of people keep having tune problems...

It's not in Ft W. but what about Mike Norris in Indy http://www.mikenorrismotorsports.com/Dyno___Tuning.html
Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Beast
Street tuning is retarded anyways. It's no surprise certain groups of people keep having tune problems...

It's not in Ft W. but what about Mike Norris in Indy http://www.mikenorrismotorsports.com/Dyno___Tuning.html
I will mention that to Frost. Maybe next time, we will just tune cars on rollers and then will see how well they run on the street.

Last edited by JPH; 02-24-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Haha really LT vs HHR.........I mean can't the LT find someone else to pick on....lets race real car lol
I try but they never want to play...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
TECH Regular

Theres not more to the story sooo....... but opinions are like a$$holes though some stink more than others do. I am done commenting though on that subject.

On another note---bring some of those Warsaw cars done here when the weather gets nice out!!
But my main objection is that the OP clearly stated he was not looking for a tuner, but a chassis dyno. So throw everyones opinion about jesse out. He has a dyno at his shop. that is why he was mentioned. No need to bash site sponsors.

On that other note...hopefully quite a few of us warsaw guys will be able to make it up to the fort for some fun this summer
Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

I dont think he is a sponsor but maybe i am wrong...... but yes he does have a dyno. With this round of snow who knows when it will be nice enough out!!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

I dont think he is a sponsor but maybe i am wrong...... but yes he does have a dyno. With this round of snow who knows when it will be nice enough out!!
No joke! I guess thats what we get for decent weather until the second week of december.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

My car is sitting in the garage stareing at the massive drift of snow on the other side of the door
Hopefully it starts to warm up soon so we can at least get it to the shop and get the cage and junk welded in it, then go see how much power them fancy Spec super twin clutchs can hold.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

We rent out the dyno to anyone that wants to use it at $65 an hour during the winter. That is with wideband ect to all the locals.

It is a calibrated / exact tech setup mustang 250hd with eddy current.

As for the story on that one stupid car, yes there where a lot of issues with it before and after it left, with that customer knowing what had to be fixed when he left for it to be right.. "from a cut open electronics showing maf sensor, to bad knock sensor wiring ect"

I did not do any of the work on it, and ended up fixing all sorts of crap for free on it to make it better. " like the vacume leaks, and other stuff"

AND AGAIN for the record, The pcm was locked before i touched it, I dont lock computers... I only put the lock back on it that it already had when it was done so the last person that did lock it could unlock it if needed.

For you guys saying that i dont know how to tune is pretty rediculous. I have 1000s of drag race guys using my tunes including a few that won the last lsx shootout. But, i guess, you fortwayne guys are always right.....

Last edited by wait4me; 02-25-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Cant wait for this summer, I hope to be joining Crazz28 in a trip to Fort Wayne this summer for some fun.. I can also say Jesse tuned my car along with a friends and no complaints here, the guy is good..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Meen95z
Cant wait for this summer, I hope to be joining Crazz28 in a trip to Fort Wayne this summer for some fun.. I can also say Jesse tuned my car along with a friends and no complaints here, the guy is good..
Don't forget about me man

Wow we have really high jacked this thread
Old 02-26-2011, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

haha its ok, if it wouldn't have been jacked then Wait4Me wouldn't have responded and I wouldn't have found out they've got a chassis dyno with an eddy current absorber for only 65/hr rental.

I gave him a call and I'll be heading there to tune my car as soon as I get my T350 from Rossler.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
I will mention that to Frost. Maybe next time, we will just tune cars on rollers and then will see how well they run on the street.
Considering that the GM PCM uses a collection of fixed points to determine what to do with the fuel delivery (based on airmass) at any given point, the best method for mapping the VE table (which is the basis of the entire system) is to hold the engine at certain RPM/MAP points for long enough to grab enough data points for each point to make a determination of the VE at that point.

You need that VE to calculate airmass (based on VE + cylinder volume + R(air) based on temp, etc.) so that you can calculate fueling. A load bearing dyno is the only way to get high incident counts on each cell and really map the VE table properly. It's also the ONLY way to create a spark hook map at any given point. I'm pretty sure that Frost would tell you that a load bearing dyno is the right way to determine that. Quick sweeps with minimal counts in any given cell is all you can do on the street.

Once your VE is determined, street tuning is a good idea to get your transient fueling proper.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, Frost would say that's some east coast Honda bullshit then tell you to say that to his face LOL
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Sorry for digging up an old thread. lol
I live in Huntington and have a 302 powered ranger. ( i know it's not a chevy) lol

Anyway, what i wanted to know is where i could get it dyno'd

It does not have fuel injection if that matters. Is there a chassis dyno in ft. wayne or would it be worth the drive to warsaw. I have 4.10 gears so i dont like driving it too far on the highway. Thanks for any info or advice.

Quick Reply: Chassis Dyno near Fort Wayne