Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

DynoSport Lincoln NE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 66LeMans
Well your avatar says you are from KC. Do you live around Lincoln now or just don't want to go to any tuners around KC!?
All you hear is horror stories from guys getting ltx's tuned in kc. My ls1 was tuned at mc racing and was fine. Have not heard of anyone around kc that has had any luck tuning the lt1s
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Yes, & of course with the supporting mod's, but No head/intake changes.

Some day, when I've got a shetload of money burnin' a hole in my pocket, maybe I'd look at a bigger better converter.
If i pull mine before i blow threw it, i'll let you know and hook u up with a good deal on a low mile Vig, works perfect.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
He told me the same thing, that I should upgrade to a triple-disc Circle-D, Yanks, or some other brand. I can understand the need for a reputable converter when you're on it hard all the time, racing or whatever. But I rarely am.

He also said it cold be vacuum issues with the cam not creating enough vacuum.

It's not random, it's all with throttle position & some pre-set speed range.
Cruisin' at 45mph with throttle necessary because of load, it'll stay in lock-up. When you back off the throttle ever so lightly, which obvioulsy lessens the load, it comes out, & then back on when you slightly apply more throttle to continue, ..., thunk & it's back in lock-up.

I've check the driveshaft u-joints & they are tight.
I might replace them even tho I can't find a problem with them.

The other is during take-off from a stop. It's one or the other of these & I need to go test it to confirm, ...
WOT & from 1st-2nd it goes into lock-up, release throttle position slightly & it'll release & you can then again rev/run high rpm to the next shift point.
Or slightly off WOT, & it does it.

I have no way to change the tables myself.
Maybe LJ can help with that, ..., or I'll have to take it back to Lincoln for Dan to try something & play with it some more.

Now, I can understand lock-up should maybe go in/out with throttle & load. But it is so harsh, it thumps/thunks every time & is hard on the driveline.
And yea, the more I think about it, there is that moment when criusin' around 45-50 that it can't make up it's mind if it wants to stay in or out of lock-up.

Probly need to tweak the shift points alittle and adjust the TCC duty cycle to around 97 or 98 for the whole table.

Hard saying without knowing what the tune looks like now.

Quick Reply: DynoSport Lincoln NE?