Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

LS1 with a non-repairable Title, Can I do anything about it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 with a non-repairable Title, Can I do anything about it?

Okay here is the dilima, 2002 LS1 with a non-repairable TEXAS Title, Now it is in the state of Missouri, Is a their anyway whatsoever that this can be changed?
The car was not wrecked at all, it had a bad motor, and yes I repeat it HAD a bad motor, that is it nothing else wrong with the car at all. not even so much as a dent, and SFI gave it a non-repairable title,
SO am I just SOL or what, and ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
And to make matters worse it is a rare car!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

I do rebuilders in Missouri and I don't think there is anyway to get it to a good title in MO. Other states maybe MO no way. Even if you get it to a licensable title its going to be previous salvage.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't try to "wash" the title, but you should be able to repair it, have the MO State Troopers Inspect it (certain times of the month depending on where you take it) and then be issued a "Prior Salvage" Title. With a Prior Salvage title, you will be able to license the car as usual, but it will scare off and depreciate the value of the car. If I were you, take all the pics/videos that you can (before any repairs are made) to present to a potential buyer down the road as this may build confidence in the car buyer at the time of a sale.

In fact I have a vehicle with a "Prior Salvage" MO title and just transferred it here in Florida with ZERO issues. It went the same as my other 2 vehicles.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

what rare car is it? hope you can get it back on the road
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM

Okay guys thanks for all the info, But it does not have a Salvage title, It has a non repairable title, If it had a Salvage title, I could easly live with the idea that it had a prior Salvage or even just the Salvage, cause I could liscense it for the road, But like I said before it does not say Salvage on it anywhere, it just says Non Repairable Texas Title..

It is a 2002 Firehawk
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

I did a chevy truck that had a non-builder title. I called the highway patrol that does my salvage inspections and told them what all need fixed. They said vehicles have 4 main vin tags that match the title. If you change or replace 3 out of 4 main components ( frame,motor,trans,cab) you can get it titled along the lines of a homemade vehicle. They will stamp new vins and ID tags for it and issue a new title. However the vehicle will not be worth much like this since you can't get a loan on it.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Stasser said, I would contact the MO State Highway Patrol Inspection place and ask them specifically. I know down here in Florida they have rebuildable and nonrebuilbable titles also. Different states have different meanings.

Quick Reply: LS1 with a non-repairable Title, Can I do anything about it?