Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Passing through St. Louis this Saturday around lunch time - BBQ suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Passing through St. Louis this Saturday around lunch time - BBQ suggestions?

I hear a lot of good things about the BBQ around St Louis and figured, since I'll be passing through this weekend, I'd like to stop in and try it out. From a quick look, it seems Bogart's or Pappy's have pretty outstanding recommendations. Anyone from the area, could you recommend these as well or other places that serve good BBQ?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pappy's for sure is a great place. but if you get there late good luck. they close once they run out of food for the day. Penny's BBQ is pretty good. thats at reavis barracks and I55 on the south side of STL. another good spot is Fast Eddies Bon Air just north of STL in Alton, IL. not really a bbq place but the food is really cheap and good. i beleive its $2.00 for a 1/2 lb burger. Iron Barley has really good pork loin.

if you like BLT's and milkshakes then hit up Crown Candy Kitchen. literally a pound of bacon with toast lol
Old 12-28-2012, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the suggestions, doublea87. I was looking at Bogart's because it's right off the highway I'll be passing through on. Who knows, depending on the weather I may stick around the whole day and have a look around.

Quick Reply: Passing through St. Louis this Saturday around lunch time - BBQ suggestions?