Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Chicago 1/2 mile event June 1&2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were also 2 supra's there (i'm on 6-8 forums lol), John Sharkey went 198 and Craig Bush went 196. Craigs car was on kill mode (Iboost5) and John's car was on Iboost4.... both PROEFI cars
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Teching In

You guys get to see SIJ's Black 2JZ powered 240sx? Guess he was having traction issues even in 4th gear but that's what 1500whp does LOL
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Andy's last pass was sick, so was that AMS GTR on the last pass! Those GTR's were gangsta off the line. Yea the owner was acting like a POS with that offroad car he was flying in between the hangars where PEOPLE including KIDS!! Were parked and trying to eat! Really?

I think guys were letting off because of the 2 dips that were there I saw the suspensions on the cars compress and as they'd decompress they'd let off. But I could be wrong.
Here's LastLs1's last run! Sorry Andy iPhone is the best I got lol

Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by litle88
Andy's last pass was sick, so was that AMS GTR on the last pass! Those GTR's were gangsta off the line. Yea the owner was acting like a POS with that offroad car he was flying in between the hangars where PEOPLE including KIDS!! Were parked and trying to eat! Really?

I think guys were letting off because of the 2 dips that were there I saw the suspensions on the cars compress and as they'd decompress they'd let off. But I could be wrong.
Here's LastLs1's last run! Sorry Andy iPhone is the best I got lol

http://youtu.be/SBN3r2quWR4
Yeah the dip wasn't so bad for me, unfortunately the car I was running was pretty much a stock vette so the dip didn't bother me to much but anyone doing 160 or more probably really compressed its s decent dip about 3/4 of the way down the runway. Funny story about the owner. Where I had my trailer at was 3rd to the last hanger and while I was loading the car up all the rain hit hard as hell so long story short a guy working on his plane to us to come inside because we were soaked and later on he told me and my father the owner of the property crashed his helicopter last year on the right side of the hangers and when we asked why the guy never made a concrete road the guy told us it was that little gravel road he crashed on and instead of fixing it up or scrapping it out the owner said **** it and dug a deep *** hole in the gravel there and buried the damn thing then bought a new one lol must be nice right
Old 06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6 Z28
Yeah the dip wasn't so bad for me, unfortunately the car I was running was pretty much a stock vette so the dip didn't bother me to much but anyone doing 160 or more probably really compressed its s decent dip about 3/4 of the way down the runway. Funny story about the owner. Where I had my trailer at was 3rd to the last hanger and while I was loading the car up all the rain hit hard as hell so long story short a guy working on his plane to us to come inside because we were soaked and later on he told me and my father the owner of the property crashed his helicopter last year on the right side of the hangers and when we asked why the guy never made a concrete road the guy told us it was that little gravel road he crashed on and instead of fixing it up or scrapping it out the owner said **** it and dug a deep *** hole in the gravel there and buried the damn thing then bought a new one lol must be nice right
There was a dip?!?!?! I didn't have time to notice as I got on the brakes as soon as I got past the yellow cones and I needed every bit of them too. Ran 165mph on 13psi(low boost)
Old 06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by S6000
There were also 2 supra's there (i'm on 6-8 forums lol), John Sharkey went 198 and Craig Bush went 196. Craigs car was on kill mode (Iboost5) and John's car was on Iboost4.... both PROEFI cars
I rode up there with John, his car was movin!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by willizm
There was a dip?!?!?! I didn't have time to notice as I got on the brakes as soon as I got past the yellow cones and I needed every bit of them too. Ran 165mph on 13psi(low boost)
Turbo TA WannaGOFAST Half Mile Shootout vs Supra and C6 Z06 - YouTube
Yeah there was a decent dip lol I only got to run on the right side once and the rest on the left, I also was more focused on trying to best the cars next to me also but on the left side in my opinion it was a deeper dip...that's where some of the GTR's got a little squirrely. I saw you do a couple runs, car sounded good and looked fast.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks man, my car was definitely scooting but couldn't run higher boost as I had a few issues that became apparent. My hood almost ripped off. I was catching a pocket of air under that was lifting it about 3" and I didn't want to push my luck and have the thing rip up at the trap and bitch slap me. Best run I had was that c6z06 in the vid. I absolutely walked him bad. He was a cool guy about it though and said good race afterwards. No egos at this event which is refreshing. Well maybe excluding the lambo guys who had to speak louder than anyone else in the pre-staging area about owning a lambo lol. My buddies 335i walked the green lambo hard in the back half.

If I pushed it harder I think I could have gotten in the mid 170's. oh well, next time.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man, my car was definitely scooting but couldn't run higher boost as I had a few issues that became apparent. My hood almost ripped off. I was catching a pocket of air under that was lifting it about 3" and I didn't want to push my luck and have the thing rip up at the trap and bitch slap me. Best run I had was that c6z06 in the vid. I absolutely walked him bad. He was a cool guy about it though and said good race afterwards. No egos at this event which is refreshing. Well maybe excluding the lambo guys who had to speak louder than anyone else in the pre-staging area about owning a lambo lol. My buddies 335i walked the green lambo hard in the back half.

If I pushed it harder I think I could have gotten in the mid 170's. oh well, next time.
Lmao at the guy in the grey Lamborghini, I was at Byron last year and he was running 15's. we were all laughing and more when he had a Lil fit after they told him to put his top on lol

You got a sick ride!! Congrats! We also saw your hood and mention it in the video lol. Glad you noticed the hood situation but how did you notice it? I'm also considering that turbo kit from Straightline lol.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
Lmao at the guy in the grey Lamborghini, I was at Byron last year and he was running 15's. we were all laughing and more when he had a Lil fit after they told him to put his top on lol

You got a sick ride!! Congrats! We also saw your hood and mention it in the video lol. Glad you noticed the hood situation but how did you notice it? I'm also considering that turbo kit from Straightline lol.
http://youtu.be/E1YLoO56ASY
Thank you sir. Almost didn't make the event, but got my transmission put back in a couple of days before the event. The group of guys I was with were at the furthest hanger at the end of the runway. One of my buddies Kevin comes up and stops me and pushes my hood back down. It's not damaged or anything, but I need to put back in the center latch. Also one of the guys from TCG was taking photo's right at the end of the strip and shown me a pic on his camara. It was gnarly. I'll get the pic and post it up.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:29 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Huge dip in that track with a SHORT shut down!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Hahaha that's funny you mention the dumbass in the gray Lamborghini. I heard him running his mouth when I got out of my car talking to 2 others about how he could have owned that whole airport but "decided to buy the lambo instead and that place was to cheap for him" lol coming from the guy who isn't running a brand new lambo if "money wasn't an issue" lol guy was a straight clown. It was a pleasure watching several people walk his *** all over the that runway
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Fast cars definitely were out yesterday! Just wish the weather was a bit warmed. I wonder if they will have another event sometime this summer.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
9 Second Club

They won't have another 1/2 mile event for a while in chicagoland. They announced this back in December and January the registration went up and was sold out shortly later. It takes alot of planning to get this going, but after the success that was had I'd imagine that they would do it again next year.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Straightline Performance video:

Quick Reply: Chicago 1/2 mile event June 1&2