Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Moving to OKC, need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to OKC, need some advice...

I just landed a very sweet job at Devon Energy in downtown OKC. Does anyone have any idea on good apartments? Would like to live downtown somewhere but really want a garage for the z06. Thinking like an urban garage loft with a garage if that helps at all. Also how are the roads around there? Gonna get a 2nd car to avoid driving the Z everywhere. Thanks for any info. Willing to go in the $1300-$1600 range for an apt
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roads kinda suck, when my wife and I first got here we also wanted to live downtown so we checked out a couple places but they were all around $1100 starting for rent and they were about 600sqft, waaaaay to small for us. I think Level were the nicest ones we saw, brand spanking new and they have a huge cargarage. We now live on the northern side and the area is great, we literally have everything right around us and the roads are nicer up here. About 10 min from downtown.

Ps. Can you get my wife in?!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm pretty stoked. I'll see what I can do with getting the wife hired lol...I have heard Devon Energy is a great company to work for and great to their employees
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXTA
I'm pretty stoked. I'll see what I can do with getting the wife hired lol...I have heard Devon Energy is a great company to work for and great to their employees
A very good company indeed my good sir. a little bit south and you can score some good apartments. I used to live in Legacy Crossing in South OKC. Had a single car garage and Pool/hottube/gym hotube is amazing! haha great place to stay at, its also gated i have since moved to a rent house with a few of my friends
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Ugh the roads here
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birner88
Ugh the roads here
At least the over town is gone! i hated driving that! so thankful for the new I-40 <3 the highways arnt all that bad till you get I-235 kinda up by edmond, tends to get a tad bumpy. but other then that the highways are nice. southern part of the city "where i reside" is fairly decent till you get out by Drapper and dirtybird lol. Moore/Norman/ Central path of OKC are some what nice. east and west side of the city are pretty narly lol
Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

I used to live in Norman when I worked in OKC. I worked at the airport and it wad to bad of a drive. The further south you go the cheaper it gets seems like. Out in Yukonor Edmond prob wouldn't be bad either. Congrats on the J O B
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

What about car meets? You guys know of any in the OKC area. I know there is a cars/coffee like Dallas so that's good
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only been to the Coffee and Cars by Memorial and Penn and it can get pretty good
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXTA
What about car meets? You guys know of any in the OKC area. I know there is a cars/coffee like Dallas so that's good
me and my girl and my friends been looking for a meet/cruse for a while but all the ones we find are to far north for us. i mainly reside in Norman, Moore, South OKC so the stuff up by memorial is a tad to far for most of the short notice i get lol
Old 03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
I've only been to the Coffee and Cars by Memorial and Penn and it can get pretty good
Sorry for double post but looking at your car i think i saw you at 7-11 a few nights ago at 4th and telephone! i complemented you on your rims haha

Quick Reply: Moving to OKC, need some advice...