Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

OHIO MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default OHIO MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!

LS1tech screen name Chrome_Rust has stolen $270 and my 2001 Silverado wiring harness from me. His phone number is 419-788.9836 and says his name is Charlie Ridinger in Findlay OHIO.

I had spoke with him several times via telephone and PM's here on tech. He seemed knowledgeable and always answered my questions. During my project, I was at a point where the wiring harness needed to be modified. I called him and arranged a price. $270 and 2 week turn around.

After sending him my harness via UPS and Paypal to his "wife's" account, I never heard back. This was the first week of May. During the middle to third week of May, I called and was able to reach him. He indicated he was working on his car but was close to finishing my stuff. I told him no worries and I was fine waiting a little longer.

First week of June. I called multiple times, left voice mails and text messages. His voice mail had now changed from a business message to the standard computer generated default voice mail. I later received one text stating my harness will ship on Friday 06-07-13. I texted back for follow up but that was it...one reply. Over a week later, no harness and no replies.

I attempted multiple additional times since then to contact him and get nothing. No texts, PM's, or voice mails. I should have searched here prior to doing business with him as I am not the first guy who has gotten" Fuct" over by this dishonest man.

Here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...rome_rust.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...e-harness.html

I've been doing this car thing for many years now and for the most part, all of us are honest with one another. This piece of **** is the minority to our group as a whole. So as a contributing member to our group, I made this post as a warning to inform all of you of this person.

"CHARLIE"
Kharma, what goes around comes around, and you got what's coming to ya. I believe strongly in those and in keeping my word. "Charlie" if you are reading this post, find some self meaning in those three and fix this issue. Also, I will not sit on my hands and do nothing other than push keys if you fail to make good on our transaction.

Waiting...

Last edited by Razor; 06-17-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the 2014 corvette. Charlie says he made it rite with the other guy. I am the other guy. This ahole has not refunded my money sent a harness or replied to any email.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know that Paypal has a 45 day refund rule, but have you filed a Paypal dispute/claim to @ least get your money back? Further, if your Paypal account pays out from a CC the CC company can refund the money. CC protection runs longer than 45 days.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I f*cked up and sent the money as a gift. Attempted the dispute but Paypal said no.

Still nothing from him..no call, no harness, no money, no nothing.

Quick Reply: OHIO MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!