Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Straightline Performance or Fast Motorsports for a tune near Chicago IL

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been to both fast motorsports and straightline for tuning. Needless to say my car will only ever go back to straightline performance.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willizm
I've been to both fast motorsports and straightline for tuning. Needless to say my car will only ever go back to straightline performance.
Thanks that is valuable feedback. I already made up my mind to go to Straightline but this just solidifies it even more. A very competitive price, a good reputation on LS1tech and exceptional customer service, there is nothing more I could want out of a shop that is going to be handling my car.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
Thanks for the kind words Will!! Also to everyone else that recommended us
Old 07-29-2013, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

My son has been to Fast Motorsports based on a recommendation from a friend. Sorry to say it was a mistake. We will be headed to straightline to get it straightened out.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Another +1 for straightline. Good group of guys and they all know their ****. Always helpful and always will get you what you need, no matter what!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Straightline only the only way to go. They do top notch work, very fair pricing and all around nice guys. I was there Friday while they were tuning the "dragon" definitely bunch of great guys. Now a days it doesn't hurt Nick has assembled a "dream team" staff.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had my car tuned by Fast a couple times. The first time was a pretty good experience, the second I have had some driveability issues and sent the tuner an email with no response back.

I am thinking about taking the car to Straightline. I work in Frankfort right down the street from their shop and have driven past on numberous occasions and they always have different cars outside.

Should I just give you guys a call when I am ready to bring it there or just drop by or what?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either, but I'm sure they are a few weeks out so stop by and make an appointment.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01cherryreds10
I had my car tuned by Fast a couple times. The first time was a pretty good experience, the second I have had some driveability issues and sent the tuner an email with no response back.

I am thinking about taking the car to Straightline. I work in Frankfort right down the street from their shop and have driven past on numberous occasions and they always have different cars outside.

Should I just give you guys a call when I am ready to bring it there or just drop by or what?
Feel free to stop in and check us out anytime. Then we can get you on the schedule if you would like.

Thanks again to everyone who recommended us!! The group of guys I have here is great. They are real car enthusiasts who like working on cars and meeting the people that drive them.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I had the car tuned sometime last spring and the car was running/tuned on 87. Would I need a retune to run 91 octane? (sorry for the noob question!)
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

With higher octane you can learn on it a lil more with the timing and make more power call Nick our Mike and they can explain it better

Quick Reply: Straightline Performance or Fast Motorsports for a tune near Chicago IL