Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Minneapolis Metro Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Minneapolis Metro Area

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to find some local LS owners for information swapping and eventual meet ups at local events. Post up if you want and share where you live and what you have.

I live in Coon Rapids and I have a 1950 Chevy truck with a 5.3 on the floor next to it waiting to go in. (If any locals want to trade experience from their swap or engine build for some beer, I've got a full fridge).

Also, Anyone know a good local tuner I can get a PCM flash at?

Last edited by Root2812; 12-28-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I would check out http://www.midwestlsx.com/forum/index.php. As far as tuners go, Carl at CJtunes/Lancer Service has a very good reputation.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

White bear here, As far as tuning, Carl at Lancer Performance
Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also heard a lot of good things about Carl.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I signed up for the midwestlsx forum. I'm going to check out Carl at Lancer Performance. I really like the idea of having a local tuner rather than having to mail my PCN to someone for the reflash and VATS removal.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

im in st paul i attend the "weekend car shows"

rx7 lq4 t56
Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

What year Rx7? I bought some exhaust manifolds off a guy over there with a gold Rx7 that had the swap done.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Hit me up if you want to grab a beer sometime, I don't have a swapped car but plenty of buddies who do. Plenty of weekly car events and racing events once spring hits. I'm in Crystal, name is Adam.

98 vette coupe, forged internals (stock cubes) p&p'd heads and a cam in the mix, built trans, & getting sprayed with a 300 shot this year.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you guys know if Carl does E85 hybrid tunes? I'm looking to convert my car to E85, but also want to be able to run 92 when E85 isn't around, and for long term storage.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Carl mite he tuned mine from the owner I bought mine from and did a great job . The guys out at TPIS surely do all the time Call Jim there they did Jacksons engine he works there last fall on E85 and got 1'092 hp out of it . Problem was the tranny could not handle it or he lost a little foot control. They are really excited with what they do with E85 Jim redid his also for E. I think he is up around 592 HP. They are working with GM Tech Magazine to help them out. They did a few articles last fall on it. Take your pick both GREAT places we're lucky in this area to have some good shops around. Hope it helps allittle. You can also check out North Star Camaro club Site.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mcshocks
Hit me up if you want to grab a beer sometime, I don't have a swapped car but plenty of buddies who do. Plenty of weekly car events and racing events once spring hits. I'm in Crystal, name is Adam.

98 vette coupe, forged internals (stock cubes) p&p'd heads and a cam in the mix, built trans, & getting sprayed with a 300 shot this year.
Adam, I'll take you up one that offer to grab a beer. Crystal is really close. I'll send you a PM one of these days. Things have been pretty crazy lately. It will be cool to pick the brains of some people who know more than I do. Did you do your own engine work? I want to go through this 5.3 I have and replace every gasket and seal while checking all the wear areas to make sure I have a good motor. I'll send the heads in to get freshened up when they are off.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Root2812
Adam, I'll take you up one that offer to grab a beer. Crystal is really close. I'll send you a PM one of these days. Things have been pretty crazy lately. It will be cool to pick the brains of some people who know more than I do. Did you do your own engine work? I want to go through this 5.3 I have and replace every gasket and seal while checking all the wear areas to make sure I have a good motor. I'll send the heads in to get freshened up when they are off.

Nope didn't do the motor work, just got the car this fall and was already built. Starting to fix all the little issues and I took out the nitrous system that was on it. Redoing the intake and nitrous setup now. Standalone fuel system with a TPIS LS6 90mm setup I just sent off to N20 outlet to get the money maker plumbed into it. Should be fun. I'll be having Carl tune it this spring on motor then I'll be running a fully progressive setup that I'll dial in for the spray. Lots of LS knowledge in the TC area. There's a lot of 5.3 swapped turbo guys runing around here, definitely hit me up, have a great place to grab some pizza and micro brews. I can talk cars for days, I'd be more than willing to come over and turn wrenches too. Waiting for this cold stuff to break is driving me nuts.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Ya, this has been a harsh god damn cold winter and I'm getting impatient for summer and a t-top cruise
Old 02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mcshocks
Nope didn't do the motor work, just got the car this fall and was already built. Starting to fix all the little issues and I took out the nitrous system that was on it. Redoing the intake and nitrous setup now. Standalone fuel system with a TPIS LS6 90mm setup I just sent off to N20 outlet to get the money maker plumbed into it. Should be fun. I'll be having Carl tune it this spring on motor then I'll be running a fully progressive setup that I'll dial in for the spray. Lots of LS knowledge in the TC area. There's a lot of 5.3 swapped turbo guys runing around here, definitely hit me up, have a great place to grab some pizza and micro brews. I can talk cars for days, I'd be more than willing to come over and turn wrenches too. Waiting for this cold stuff to break is driving me nuts.
It sounds like you know quite a bit about these motors. My dad was a paint and body guy so I've spent more time learning that side of things. Now I am trying my hand at my first frame off custom restoration. I'm wrapping up the suspension and then I'll be on to the engine work. My goal is to have a running rolling chassis by fall. Lets just say I have a lot of learning to do.

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Ya, this has been a harsh god damn cold winter and I'm getting impatient for summer and a t-top cruise
I know what you mean. It pains me to walk into my unheated garage and see my 2012 Kawasaki Ninja just sitting on stands begging to be rode.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Would like to show or earn alittle extra on the side on showing or doing your car detail .Or just getting together with guys that what to learn some paint swirl/halograms l corrections things. Its way easy with the right products and the guts to just try it the 1st time like I did on my BLACK Z28. Cliff 651-426-7418. White Bear Lake.Son in law also works at TPIS if you need to go check them out or catch one of there Horse Power Farm Open House's they are good time's.

Quick Reply: Minneapolis Metro Area