Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any Missouri people?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any Missouri people?

Moved to KCMO from Chicagoland and seems I will have issues registering the TA due to no cats. What’s the chances of finding no cat friendly inspection stations? My other option is to just keep it registered to IL and just drive back every other year for emissions.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
Moved to KCMO from Chicagoland and seems I will have issues registering the TA due to no cats. What’s the chances of finding no cat friendly inspection stations? My other option is to just keep it registered to IL and just drive back every other year for emissions.
I dont know about KC, but there are definitely shops in the greater st.louis area that will pass it. A couple things you can do is get fake, straight through cats (search "All flow cats") or you could heat wrap your Y-pipe and the inspection shop will likely just glance at it and move on assuming there are cats under the wrap. Worst case scenario is just buying some high flow cats, they don't really rob that much power.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on where you are in KC. If you don't mind going south little bit there is a place in Belton.