Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any mechanic referrals in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022 | 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Any mechanic referrals in Chicago?

My sister moved to Chicago. I'm unable to assist with her car troubles. She needs a good and honest mechanic near I90 & Irving Park Rd. Anybody know of a good mechanic there?

I'm also going to explain bit of current situation she needs assistance with. She has a problem with her 2018 Nissan Sentra. I should know more (engine, etc) but trying to glean those details from her. Symptom: intermittent crank no start.

She has been going to random mechanics trying to get it fixed. Nobody is troubleshooting much though. They've replaced things like the battery and alternator. However, little stupid as those couldn't be the problem since it's cranking. Essentially, they're playing parts darts with her, not verifying the parts they are changing out are even bad.

I suspect it's a wiring / computer issue. Possibly fuel pump but without being there I cannot diagnose or easily walk through a repair like that. Anybody know a good mechanic there in Chicago that could figure this out? Or if you have experience with Nissan stuff / know what this might be, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2022 | 11:45 AM
10 Second Club
5 Year Member

DJs Auto in Schaumburg has done me well in the past with odd ball issues. Check them out. (847) 923-0780

I've had grounding issues cause that exact problem for me before though.
Old 11-04-2022 | 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kmk9048
DJs Auto in Schaumburg has done me well in the past with odd ball issues. Check them out. (847) 923-0780

I've had grounding issues cause that exact problem for me before though.
Thanks @kmk9048
Old 11-08-2022 | 12:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Pete is an LS guy and longtime friend, and very reasonable:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/petes-auto-clinic-chicago

I'm not far from her. If you are still searching PM me and I'll ask my local car friends who works on Nissans.

Quick Reply: Any mechanic referrals in Chicago?