Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

What are we feeding our basketball players?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake99SS
Chicago is famous for throwing crap onto the field at Wrigley. So it's not just Detroit. I remember one summer I went to a game and sat in the bleachers. Sammy won it with a walk-off homer and then the outfield was covered in debris & trash.
Wrigley is not famous for throwing crap on the field. I have been to probably 20 cubs games in the last two years they won about 3/4 of the games I was at and never once was stuff thrown on the field.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

This was about 5 years ago. Maybe I should've said Chicago *was* famous.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Been going to cubs games for the last 10 years I have never seen a abundance of stuff being thrown on the field.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

i'm not flamin anybody, this is just my take.

regardless of how bad the fans get, aside from self defense any mature, responsible adult should have enough restraint to behave like a professional and not behave like some spoiled brat/thug. if i got paid millions of dollars to play a game and live like a rockstar i'd have ALOT more patience. for these guys to be good enough to play pro they have alot of experience since a relatively early age with bad fans and hecklers and the like. over the years you would assume that they would build a great tolerance to stuff like that.

i think those guys should be banned. if you were working at mcdonalds and a customer threw something at you, you would get fired and thrown in jail if you attacked that person. why is it any different for pro-athletes? getting 'set off' or 'pissed' isnt a good enough excuse for a child to fight, why should it even be considered a excuse for an adult?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, all I know is for about a week, whenever the umps made a bad call or if the Cubs pulled out a win fans were throwing stuff on the field. I was actually at a game when it happened. Fans, especially in the bleachers, basically threw anything they had laying around them. I was right next to a guy that threw a cup of beer and scored a direct hit on a girl's face. The point is, it's not only Detriot fans that throw stuff when things don't go their way.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:38 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Well Artest did the whole situation a big favor by allowing an interview on the Today show this morning. You could almost see the dirt slinging from the shovel....each word out of his mouth dug the hole for himself a little deeper. I'm now beginning to think that it was partially a publicity stunt to gain attention towards his new CD that was released today. The Pacers have a game tonight, and had he not screwed up he'd have to play. Therefore, he'd miss his CD's "promotional tour".

As far as the fans I see that the lawsuits are flying now, and that the authorities are trying to identify the genius that threw the chair.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Launching!

I was proud to live in the Detroit area when i saw that. Thats what Artest gets fot laying down like that after commiting a foul that he knew would **** Ben Wallace off. I only wish more fans would have got into it, it would have been fun to watch the whole Indiana team get knocked the F_ck out.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:26 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It's sad that so many little kids had to see that though....
Old 11-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoomora
I blame the fans for most of that. What happens between players is one thing, but throwing drinks at players? Then every "exceeds PG-13" in the place getting involved. I was watching, and there was ushers throwing drinks at the players when they were wlking out. Living in Chicago, we have had our share of sport fan mishaps, but to people from other places it gives the impression that the whole city is like that. Although, it was Detroit......Hmmm......
i think the fans should get involved...for instance, not a sport, but when limp bizkit played at the metallica concert last summer and everyone through beer bottles at fred durst because he is a piece of ****, it was definitely called for. all pro sports players are payed as entertainers, nothing more!

Quick Reply: What are we feeding our basketball players?