Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

emission standards in ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default emission standards in ohio

does anyone know what will pass/fail emissions in ohio...i wanna get mac's with a catted y, but i dont wanna have problems passing emissions.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:17 PM
7 Second Club

Depends on where you live.No tests are required in Columbus.As long as you still have cats you should be fine anywhere in the state.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

i live in medina (30 mins south of cleveland) and last e-check they did both computer and visual tests, just dont wanna get screwed over after going all aftermarket on my exhaust. a bunch of ppl told me that its an automatic fail if the cats are in a different location then they are stock...hmmm....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

How Much Of A Different Location Are You Contemplating? Stainless Works In Chagrin Falls Used My 98Z For Prototyping An Exhaust System.Y-pipe w/Catgo Cats And Chambered Exhaust.All 3 inch And 3 Chambered Resonators Within The System.It's Virtually Impossible To Put Cats Into A Custom Exhaust System At Exactly The Same Location As The OEM Cat Was.The Critical Area(I Was Told)Is The Distance Between The Forward And Rearward O2 Sensors.Supposedly The Foreard O2 Sensor Analyzes The Exhaust Pulse And A Certain Amount Of Time(In Milliseconds)Is Allowed For That Exhaust Pulse To Be Cleaned By The Catalytic Converter And Reach The Rearward O2 Sensor.If Time Is Off,Codes Are Thrown.I Was Getting Occasional "Check Engine"Light Activation.Replaced The Rearward O2 Sensors With Caspers O2 Simulators And The Problem Stopped Occuring.Living In Cuyahoga County,E-checks Are A Way Of Life And The Z Went For E-check 12-2-04 And No Problem Was Encountered.This Is What Occured In My Situation And Possibly Another Situation Would Give Different Results.

Quick Reply: emission standards in ohio