Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southern Indiana Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
Well I think about the only way to make it work is to have more than just the F and Y body crowd due to the lack of them. When we started we decided to let just about anything high performance in except ricers. I don't know to much **** went down and then it just kinda became what it is which is mostly a bunch of guys at the track. I do want it to be more. Anyone else have an opinion?
I think, though, you have to set up some limits. Trying to include enough areas and vehicle types to please everybody and you'll end up having the Planet-Wide Vehicle Club, and that's going to be a little hard to organize.

Whatever you decide to do, it would probably be a good idea to have a backup plan in regards to the board so that one person can't take it down on a whim and ruin it for everyone else.

Just had word that we might be sponsoring the Hot Rod Power Tour this summer, and they're looking at having a stop in Evansville with an autocross setup in Roberts Stadium parking lot. I don't know many details yet, but would any of you be interested in participating if it's possible?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firebird96
I think, though, you have to set up some limits. Trying to include enough areas and vehicle types to please everybody and you'll end up having the Planet-Wide Vehicle Club, and that's going to be a little hard to organize.

Whatever you decide to do, it would probably be a good idea to have a backup plan in regards to the board so that one person can't take it down on a whim and ruin it for everyone else.

Just had word that we might be sponsoring the Hot Rod Power Tour this summer, and they're looking at having a stop in Evansville with an autocross setup in Roberts Stadium parking lot. I don't know many details yet, but would any of you be interested in participating if it's possible?
Well I don't know I would rather talk about this with a few beers in me so lets wait till we can all meet before we jump into anything.
I would definitly be there for the autocross but wouldn't participate due to the car being setup for straight line action but would definitly watch. Surprised they don't stop off at the dragstrip.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wilhite
I'd say the more people you had the better you'd be. You have to set some criteria but that would be up to you "Old School" posters in this area. Me personally, I just love fast cars with some muscle. I'm not a big fan of the ricers with the weedeater screams. I actually tried that once. My dads a big muscle guy and I grew up on GTO's, Lemans, Corvettes, & TA's and I bought a 2001 Celica GT W/ Action Package with a bunch of **** on it. My dad called it the pissed of weedeater and gave me **** from day one which I deserved! I had it two weeks and took the exhaust off. I had it another month and sold it. Not for me. Mike, you may have seen it. It was for sell up by the Post Office and out at K-Mart. It was red. It was sharp for a ricer but it just wasn't me.
Yeah I saw that car it did look nice. Have you seen the burnt orange Nissan Z running around? He never shifts out of 1st I don't think. quite annoying if you ask me. Anyway Muscle cars for sure have no problem with them.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default Yeah

Yeah I saw that car it did look nice. Have you seen the burnt orange Nissan Z running around? He never shifts out of 1st I don't think. quite annoying if you ask me. Anyway Muscle cars for sure have no problem with them.
I saw it. It's Cory Waldroups. His mom his Anita Waldroup the Realtor. I saw the kid who works at Hibbett Sports that had the Black Z28 bought a white 300ZX. IBoxell on the plate. I think they look sharp but I wouldn't want one. To each his own I guess.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I started Selling cars at Henderson Chevy and if there's anything i can do for any of you lemme know. I would love to hook u guys up if need be...later fellas
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HD1911
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I started Selling cars at Henderson Chevy and if there's anything i can do for any of you lemme know. I would love to hook u guys up if need be...later fellas
Interesting maybe I will order my new Z06 off of you Yeah That was kinda funny but I can dream right. So how is it going do you like the job? You should get pretty good discounts. My wife is going to order the new camaro when it comes out so let me know when you will take orders and we can talk.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Staging Lane

Default More Toys!

Interesting maybe I will order my new Z06 off of you Yeah That was kinda funny but I can dream right. So how is it going do you like the job? You should get pretty good discounts. My wife is going to order the new camaro when it comes out so let me know when you will take orders and we can talk.

Don't you two have enough toys! Is she gonna trade in her GTO?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Well that sux. I don't understand why it keeps going out doesn't make any sense. Could it be the opti-spark?
That's my guess, the junk *** opti...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hayze
Hows everyone doing? I havent been on here in awile!

Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Did you guys see the post about the Transformers movie??? WOW!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

No, I haven't seen it yet.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Well tomorrow will be the last day I have to work until after the 1st of the year. I can't wait.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

It's voluntary for us. I need the cash, so guess I'll be here. *sigh*
Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Can you bring that board back up?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Well I know down Mike's way there are a few people that are interested in hooking up. That area seems kind of strong.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

In on 2000.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkbird_WS-6
Well I know down Mike's way there are a few people that are interested in hooking up. That area seems kind of strong.
Well, get some rules set and a name and I'll bring one back up for everyone.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

What's happening all? I just got back from the Ville. Anybody else drinkin any beer tonight? I got the TA over to the new house and into the barn 10 minutes before the rain started. It's some sort of sign from God I think.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

I'm drinking right now. I need to get to bed, still have one day of work left to go.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hayze
Well, since I just shut the site down and tell a single person why. I owe every one an apology for that. The reason I did it was because I was tired of all the arguing and back stabbing that was going on. I admit I never let go and was still trying to run the club and pushing it harder to be bigger then it was growing. I had access to read the pm and from what I was gathering and everyone was pissed and leaving. I decided to shut it down and end it. Yeah, I never should have done it and I know I pissed a lot of people of for that.
I tell you what I appreciate the apology but I still never really knew what the heck was going on. I was never really pissed just confused I mean one day I am on the site and the next it is gone just never knew the situation. It's hard to get a lot of people together and meet and I understand you need participation to get a club going but you also need patience hell lets do it guys I am all for it. Where r u living now do you ever come home? Did you know that the guy that bought you car is Tombs? He is on this thread all the time.

Quick Reply: Southern Indiana Club