Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Cops on a PowerTrip

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted by: I8RICE
Just wanted to start a thread of yours stories of local cops trying to f*ck w/ you cuz you drive a fast car. I'll start w/ my experience.

I drove around with Hooker LT's ORY and a Borla w/ no plate for about a year. I got pulled over by a will county sherrif on Bell Rd. between 143rd and 151st in Homer. He pulled me over because he heard me comin tried to hit me w/ a speeding ticket because he heard my exhaust and thought i was going faster than i really was. He tried getting me for 75 in a 45 where my speedo didnt go over 50. I just romped on it halfway thru first. I asked to see the radar and he told me he paced me where i saw him turn off of 143rd w/ his cherries on while i was about half way to 151st. So theres no way he could have clocked or paced me because buildings block him from seeing me. His exact words were i heard you get on the gas and clocked you at 75 in a 35. Just as i passed a speed limit sign of 45 mph. So he takes my info and goes back to the cruiser and comes back saying you got me, the speed limit is 45. I'm just giving you a warning but does that exhaust have cats? I told him i dont know. I bought the car like that and know nothing about cars. Where i actually work on cars for a living. He got pissed and threw the warning and my info at me and said if i see you around again i will find something to fine you for! All I said was Thanks and have a nice nite. He was pissed but he didnt get me for anything so i was happy. Good thing probably would have gotten my liscense suspended. Too many tickets in too little time. None of which are in the TA surprisingly. So thats my story of a$$hole cops.
~Rob
I love it, you're credibility is shot on that entire story, you just established that you are a liar!
Old 12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a cop gets a call for a description of a suspicious vehicle, he'll look out for it. Any little thing you can do that will be breaking the rules of the road (even if it's not using a blinker, 2 over the limit, squeeling tires) will be probable cause. In court, this will stick for a valid reason for you to get pulled over. They are not obligated to tell you about a call they had, only why they pulled you over and it's probably because of some simple that they could of just let go. This is pretty common and sometimes it just has to be done. Sometimes you just end up being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wouldn't say most are on a power trip (many are), but they have to take an aggressive approach more often than not.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was driving in Niles/Morton grove on Dempster and there was a morton grove cop behind me in my red SS and my buddies cammin Z28 (very loud) and he rode our asses until he hit skokie. It was late at night and we were goin 30 in a 35 too be extra cautious and the cop put his spotlight on both our plates as we were driving. As soon as we hit skokie he turned off
Old 12-20-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

MORTON GROCE COPS SUCK D*** I hate them more than any other town I have been in or ever will be in

Quick Reply: Cops on a PowerTrip