Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Cops on a PowerTrip

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cops on a PowerTrip

Just wanted to start a thread of yours stories of local cops trying to f*ck w/ you cuz you drive a fast car. I'll start w/ my experience.

I drove around with Hooker LT's ORY and a Borla w/ no plate for about a year. I got pulled over by a will county sherrif on Bell Rd. between 143rd and 151st in Homer. He pulled me over because he heard me comin tried to hit me w/ a speeding ticket because he heard my exhaust and thought i was going faster than i really was. He tried getting me for 75 in a 45 where my speedo didnt go over 50. I just romped on it halfway thru first. I asked to see the radar and he told me he paced me where i saw him turn off of 143rd w/ his cherries on while i was about half way to 151st. So theres no way he could have clocked or paced me because buildings block him from seeing me. His exact words were i heard you get on the gas and clocked you at 75 in a 35. Just as i passed a speed limit sign of 45 mph. So he takes my info and goes back to the cruiser and comes back saying you got me, the speed limit is 45. I'm just giving you a warning but does that exhaust have cats? I told him i dont know. I bought the car like that and know nothing about cars. Where i actually work on cars for a living. He got pissed and threw the warning and my info at me and said if i see you around again i will find something to fine you for! All I said was Thanks and have a nice nite. He was pissed but he didnt get me for anything so i was happy. Good thing probably would have gotten my liscense suspended. Too many tickets in too little time. None of which are in the TA surprisingly. So thats my story of a$$hole cops.
~Rob

Last edited by I8RICE; 12-12-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Damn what an *** i have had similar situtations and my dad always told me to ask to see the radar like you did and most the time they have never even clocked you. Well glad to hear you didn't get any fines!
mike
Old 12-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Id say if he finds you and gets you for something. Get his badge number and go to court for it. Sounds like hes kinda got a bad temper. Let the county know also if he was not treating you like he should have. Theres no reason for that bullshit. Id talk to someone unless you were really going 75 in a 45, then ahhh maybe he will get ya.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

couple years ago when my daily driver was a 2000 Firehawk my best friend and i were at a light, him in his 2000 z28.

we left the light driving normal, nothing at all. over a mile later all of a sudden a cook county sheriff pulls us both over and calls 4 of his buddies to the scene. claims he saw us racing and "paced" us at 75 mph..no radar.

we both got drag racign tickets, speeding tickets, he got illegal tires for et streets(we told the ******* to read the DOT approved on the side) and some other ****.

I ended up with 1 full year supervision and a fine and had to pay for a lawyer since my dad couldn't make it to court with me.

now THAT was some ******* bullshit. couldn't hardly believe it really.

this cop was a dumb as they get, he didn't even fill out half the tickets correctly, his buddy had to do it for him.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah morton grove cops here are THE WORST I got pulled over by the same cop 6 times in two weeks...Hahaha none of the tickets were moving violations... He said the flowmaster was too loud.. Then the next time I had the cutout open and he said that was waaaayyyy tooo loud LOL so I said well either way you pull me over so Imight as well be loud...Then tinted windows..Then my plate expired...All this BS...He said my exhaust wasnt street legal so I showed him the flowmaster sheet and then he said whatever u made that....WHAT A DICK i hate cops
Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Buddy of mine were at a light, romped on it thru the intersection, saw the cop and let off. We pulled right over. Susprisingly we got away with fines for squeeling tires. We weren't speeding when he saw us. Suprised we didn't get hit for no plates, tint, and exhaust. I of course closed the cut-out. Wife thought it was just amusing. This was in Lombard this past September.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Launching!

SilverGhost, thats some bullshit. I would have went to court and asked to see some ******* proof. They have cameras in those cars and they save them for a while i dont remember how long. But if you werent just driving next to your freind and he had a reason well then i dunno. But if their just pulling you guys over like that for no reason thats some bullshit.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

County sheriffs are bad, they are usually power trippin' and are dorks. I got a ticket in my Tahoe believe it or not from a Cook County Sheriff. Like 70 in a 55. On I90. I was like "hey I can understand 80+ but 70 is kinda low let's cut me a break and I will slow it down a hair..." He was a short little dork and still wrote the ticket.

Morton Grove cops are really bad, I try to avoid driving there. Hnsdale cops are tightasses too. Could be the chief's? are jerks... no idea there.

I love CPD, I love living in Chicago.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

If you get off without getting a ticket, I don't see a reason to complain. All the times, save for once, that I've gotten a ticket, I've deserved it. And more often than not, if I was polite and upfront with the cops, they were polite to me.

Tints, no plates, loud exhaust, and what not might seem like BS reasons, but they are against the law in IL and it gives any officer a reason to pull you over. Flaunting a disregard for the law is how most officers would view that, and they probably have an issue with that. However, since profiling is no longer allowed, maybe you guys could argue that the police are unjustly profiling you as a highway menace because you drive a sports car.

Sean just has to look funny at a cop to get pulled over, though.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purplehaze--we seriously werent' doing ****. my ex fiance was in the car and witnessed all of this. the lights on the cars were making her dizzy and she politley asked the officer if he could turn them off and he was like "yeah, well they'll do that to you hun". What a jagoff. The speeder got dropped obviously along with the others..i only got hit on the drag racing, all part of the deal my lawyer worked out.

Dan00ButtPlug--sorry not all of us can flash our sizzlechest and get off all our tickets like you sweetheart
Old 12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think Cook County Sheriff's are the greatest
Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

a friend of mine was driving my car. in my town, confirming a noise i told him about.
well he gets pulled over and gets:
no front plate
improper display of registration
tinted plate cover
no proof of insurance
tinted windows.
loud exhaust
and something about the headlights being too low

7 tickets.
i was watching as he got pulled over, he did nothing wrong. i even came over with the insurance and peeled the tint off the window on the spot- no good.
and the kicker, they ALL HELD UP IN COURT. like $500 in fines.
*edit* i live in addison.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:55 PM
LSK
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I got a ticket in my Tahoe believe it or not from a Cook County Sheriff. Like 70 in a 55. On I90.
In that GHETTO BLING BLING Tahoe you had????? NO WAY I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Yah I got one speeder in it.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

CPD can be cool. Last September I'd just gotten the GTO and was on Peterson with the future in-laws. I was doing 45 in a 30 around Lincoln Ave. and saw a cop behind me. I thought for sure I was gonna get pulled over. Instead, he pulled up beside me and got on his loudspeaker, "Are those as fast as they say they are?"

Also had a cop by State and Grand ask me what I had done to the car. Back when my h/c SS had the Loudmouth system on it.

OTOH, they go through red lights when they're not on their way to anything and speed on the shoulder.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I love CPD, I love living in Chicago.
thats because they are too busy trying to get Chicago off the city with most murders list to care about most traffic laws. Bless there little hearts for it too!

Lets see first week I have the SS I got pulled over on my way back from T-bell. I was doing 43ish in 35 and it went up to 45 right past the light I was coming up to. Cop gets on my *** (its dark out) and is riding it to the point i can't see his cow pushers or his overhead lights all i could see was the upper 1/3 of the hood and him. I didn't feel like getting rear-ended in my less than week old baby so I speed up. Lights on I pull over. I had brand spankin new temp plates and I think he was having problems running them. That and me being curtious and a slick talker probably helped.

Other time I got pulled over in the vette, just got back from out of town had to take a spin. I did some accerating then was coasting back down to the speed limit. Ya got nailed on that, can't say I deserved it but I did break the law and got caught. **** happens, judge threw it off the record (didnt have to go or pay for drivers school) but i had to pay the ticket.

And those other highway encounters I just didn't feel like stopping, mostly because I valued my liscense so I figured they would have to work for it. I try not to do that anymore.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have had my camaro for years now, only got pulled over once. I was still in the marines, in my uniform after church, did a little burnout, only about 30 seconds, then the new lenox cop pulled me over after the smoke cleared. He didn't ask for any license or insuranse, just asked if the accelartor stuck. i told him "yeah, isn't that funny?" He said ok, maybe you should get that checked out, have a nice day, and let me go And yesterday coming home from work at 6am i got pulled over doing 76 in a 50, and the cop let me go because i played dumb and told him it was my first day at work and didn't know what the speed limit was on the road. That was an elwood cop. I have been having the best luck lately, maybe i will play the lottery or the LS1tech hood raffle
Old 12-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Just remeber if you ever driving north on Rt.12 make sure when you get into fox lake just north of volo, DO THE SPEED LIMIT. You can go up and down 12 all day and never see a cop, but the moment you hit fox lake bammm your screwed. Stay slow north of fox lake up into richmond also. Just making sure you guys know.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

man I have the best story about a CPD cop being such a dick but its too long to write so maybe when im bored at work and getting paid to post on here Ill write it out..MAJOR power trip though
Old 12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

in '99 when i had just brought my old lemans beater/sleeper up here, (it still had kansas tags) me and a friend were cruising around one afternoon, and as i turned right off montrose onto clark the tires just squeaked a c-hair. i swear on my mothers honor i didnt get on it at all. an undercover car was at the 7-11 right there on the corner and i ended up getting pulled over, i knew why they were pulling me over and even tho i knew it was bullshit i was fully prepared to kiss *** and humor them and be as cooperative as possible.

long story short we ended up with our hands on the hood and our legs spread, getting punched in the ***** when they searched us and being asked the typical round of similar questions over and over to try to get us to trip-up on our answers. all it took was them to find out where we worked and they let us off, but i can assure you not all cops in cook county are cool. some are flat out ******.

back in kansas however, i once got caught doing a burnout. and i ended up poppin the hood and telling him about what i had in it. now THAT is a cool cop. he did say to make sure and do that kind of stuff outside of town.

Quick Reply: Cops on a PowerTrip