Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Quad Cities Area members thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
I'm sure I'll need a helmet for test and tune days. Hopefully I can get one for a decent price. I barely glanced at the summit catalog and the cheapest ones were about 200 bucks!

The only tires I'll be running are Joke-o-hama ES100's. So I'll do what I can to avoid spinning. I call them skinnyhama's, they've got a decent tread pattern though.
If you're a hardtop and relatively stock (I think as long as you're not in the 11's), then you won't need a helmet. T-top cars are required to have one though. I just rented one there (I wasn't sure how picky they would be, but I now know that any of my helmets would have worked). It was like either $2 or $5 and they hold onto your DL until you return it.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have to have a helmet if A: you have TTops or convertible, and/or B: your car is 13.99 seconds or faster. So unless you're in a 4th Gen hardtop and you don't know how to drive , you'll need a helmet.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I can rent one there, then I'll at least be able to do that until I can shop around and pick one up of my own.

I'll do my best to represent on some driving skills. I do not plan on powershifting. You must remember though I never knew how do drive a stick until the day before I bought my car.(october '04) So once spring arrives I'll be back in it working on what skill I do have. I know hitting 13's wont be a prob once I get the hang of taking off.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
You have to have a helmet if A: you have TTops or convertible, and/or B: your car is 13.99 seconds or faster. So unless you're in a 4th Gen hardtop and you don't know how to drive , you'll need a helmet.

11's...13's...same difference.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Bettendorf checking in. Thanks for the heads up LSWannabe.

I don't post on this site much, I'm more of an LS2 poster....

I'd be up for some get togethers though. I hit midnight mayhem 2 years ago, an they were running water boxes but you had to run street tires. There was no way to drive around the boxes, so after 3 runs of wailing my tires I packed it up and went home.

I see quite a few f-bods cruising around the QC's when the car is out, and I see too many driving around in the mess like we've had the past couple of weeks. You guys are crazy.

My babies a black 02 t/a and my beaters a 92 f-150 rollin on 31.5's.

I also need to rebuild the tranny this winter spring, so if anybody has any advice experience or ideas feel free to chime in.

Later,
J
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully they've changed it so you can drive around the water. I dont plan on pouring smoke off my skinnyhama's. I need those things to last a decent amount of miles.

I ran my POS winter car down to just fumes on the way to work today. Luckily my work shares a parking lot with a gas station. The car kept dying while I tried to get it to the pump.Got gas in it now though, try to avoid that **** happening again.

BTW, IT'S FREEEEZING!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

What are the dates for Midnight Madness? I will be at Cordova quite a few times this summer for testing, and a few of us on the team are usually looking for stuff to do when we are finished. I've heard that Daisy Dooks is pretty wild, and might have to check that out.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure about the dates. Possibly someone else may know, I'd just suggest contacting the Cordova office. If you find out, post them up on here.

The Dooks is always pretty good. I was there relatively recently, my friend and I went since he was moving. Most of the ladies are pretty choice, you get a stage seat and it's $1 for ******* in your face. Also it's $1 for short lap dances when the girls are walking around and "marketing" themselves. What I'm referring to is when they try to talk you into getting a private dance for $25. I personally have never gotten a private dance, but when I was there I found out that Private dances are now "Touch", if you know what I mean. The only real downside is the $10 cover and it's BYOB(cans only).

I've seen lots of people blow major cash in there. I never do because I dont get "stupid drunk". Actually I really dont drink much at all. You could take the cash you would spend at the Dooks, and go to the Isle of Capri (Riverboat). Then, if you do really well, go to the Dooks afterwards.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a 'gentleman's club' in Des Moines runnnig under the name of The Lumberyard that is owned by the same people as Dooks. I've closed it more times than I care to think about. I've heard about Dooks, and the reputation, just never made it there. Usually spend nights at Cordova thrashing to fix what got fucked up earlier in the day so that the car is ready in the morning. But, occasionally we have time, just don't know the area.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Im in central IL (peoria) looking for ls1 trans ams, so if you guys go cruising or whatever and see some for sale fairly cheaper let me know! then i can join
Old 01-29-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

How far are you willing to drive? I've found a few around central Iowa, a 98 vert A4, for about $12k, and an 02 t-top M6 for about $23k. Theres a few more up in northern IA, too. Very nice WS6 6 speed in Cedar Falls.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
What are the dates for Midnight Madness? I will be at Cordova quite a few times this summer for testing, and a few of us on the team are usually looking for stuff to do when we are finished. I've heard that Daisy Dooks is pretty wild, and might have to check that out.
I've been to Daisy Dooks and Southern Comfort. Both were pretty nice. I like the whole BYOB thing. It sure beats paying $5.50 a beer at Big Al's.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

True dat
Old 02-01-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
How far are you willing to drive?
No distance is too far for the LS1. I went to Oklahoma to get mine.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
No distance is too far for the LS1. I went to Oklahoma to get mine.
Or just have yours shipped home like I did mine.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Got my Formula in Denver, CO. Now that's love.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Or just have yours shipped home like I did mine.
Where was it shipped from and how much that run ya? If you dont mind me asking. I was trading my car in on the Z so I drove it out there.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone going to the auto show?

I might, if the LS7 mobile was there you could bet money on me going. They do have the Ford GT, but that's just a turd.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

Can you get discount tickets anywhere?

I heard it was $6....

J
Old 02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cant get discounted tickets. I also heard it was $6.00. Still not sure about going, maybe I'll go when I'm running around in a little while.

Quick Reply: Quad Cities Area members thread