Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Got a ticket, need some info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a ticket, need some info

Well guys tonight i was crusin home and i ended up getting a speeding ticket, a 48 in a 30, so anyways the cop pulled me over and took my license and asked if i could post the $75 bond. I told him i could, so i followed him to the station and finished all the stuff. He said i qualified for something called diversion, which im not sure if that means i dont have to go to court, and i can go to traffic school. Im kinda surprised i did though, cause ive been to traffic school a couple times already, but not within the last year.

Anyways, the thing i have to mail in says i can either plead quilty and get a conviction, which im not doin, or go to traffic schoo, or go to court, which i dont really wanna do. So if i go to traffic school and after i pass, then do i get my $75 that i posted as bond back? I just dont know what thats all about. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated, THANKS
JacobK
Old 02-26-2005, 12:10 AM
NKAWTG...N

Once they ask for money and you give it to them, I really doubt you will ever get it back, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya but u have a reciept from my bond though, and it says, "For appropriate refund, deposit this copy with court clerk on date of final order of court" But since i dont think im gonna end up going to court, and end up going to traffic school then what happens?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

No, you won't get your 75 back. You posted that as bond saying you will take care of the ticket. That is why they take your license. They are making sure you will either show up to court, or plead guilty. Once either of those have happened, then you will get your license back.

I would go to court and plead guilty with supervision. That way the ticket goes off your record once supervision is up. Then all you have to do is keep your foot out of it for awhile and your all set.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess i just dont understand why then pay the $75 bond if you dont get it back. You get your license back, why wouldnt you get the $75 back? ANYWAYS but i dont really wanna go to court, cause last time iwent and tried to plead guilty with supervision i ended up haveing to go to traffic school anyways.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JacobK
I guess i just dont understand why then pay the $75 bond if you dont get it back. You get your license back, why wouldnt you get the $75 back? ANYWAYS but i dont really wanna go to court, cause last time iwent and tried to plead guilty with supervision i ended up haveing to go to traffic school anyways.
Because the 75 goes to paying off your ticket. All the counties up around chicago have traffic school, its a part of supervision.

If you don't go to court, thats a ticket that will be on your record. Just go to court, plead guilty with supervision, get traffic school and take care of it
Old 03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Launching!

I got my $75 back one time awhile ago. I paid the $75 as my bond...went to court,,the ticket got dismissed so they sent me my money back in the mail. You will only get that money back if the ticket gets dismissed. Otherwise, the ticket itself costs $75, and traffic school costs more than that, so you will end up having to pay more if you go to traffic school.

Also, there is supervision by itself. It is possible to get supervision without going to traffic school.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

i see..ya but im not even going to go to court, im just going to mail in the little envelope thing they gave me with a check to traffic school and be done with it
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
wrencher

I have gotten quite a few tickets & have dealt w/ this often.
I have posted cash bond B-4. Then turned around & had to send in a check for 'school'. They always cashed the check & used that for the fine/school. Then at their leisure they would send me a check for my $75 bond. Have also been denied school , for to recent supervision & been conviced & they kept the extra money.
Then you have a lawyer put an order to vacate that conviction & go to court w/ a lawyer. Then you'll get school & no conviction for an elevated price. Well thats my experience with it anyway.

Quick Reply: Got a ticket, need some info