Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

A Friendly word on LS1Speed Ink.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been going to Speed Inc since they were at the old loaction and have seen them out grow the shops like nothing..... Keep up the good work
I know sometimes parts dont get deliverd on time and drives you guys out there nuts but most of the time its not Speed Inc's fault because when we put the 12 Bolts for them here at Strange I honestly wish to have all the parts to put it together like we promise 2-3 weeks but sometimes it does not work that way and we have to back order the parts and it delays the ETA which sux.
Over all Speed Inc is a great place to take your car to for all your performance needs.

Martin
Old 05-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

I'm in real estate along with a few other businesses i own that depend on others doing thier Job. No one is going to tell me something about business that i don't already know. I have every right to complain.

Here's the way it is, I'm hiring them to do a job for me (WORK) thus it is there "JOB" to make it happen. This is what i'm paying them for. No different than me contracting them out to put up some siding on one of my buildings. if my workers don't get the "JOB" done right or on time they get complaints and/or Fines and most likely I don't use them again.

I've made good with speed and all is settled but some of you are just totally ignorant to how business works and are not seeing the big picture...

To the posters with the stupid, ignorant remarks "use a little more of your brain when posting a CUT into a fellow poster." I'm posting my experiance regardless if it was good or bad and AGAIN this is what these forums are for.

Jon
Old 05-13-2005, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ILuvMyTransam
I'm in real estate along with a few other businesses i own that depend on others doing thier Job. No one is going to tell me something about business that i don't already know. I have every right to complain.

Here's the way it is, I'm hiring them to do a job for me (WORK) thus it is there "JOB" to make it happen. This is what i'm paying them for. No different than me contracting them out to put up some siding on one of my buildings. if my workers don't get the "JOB" done right or on time they get complaints and/or Fines and most likely I don't use them again.

I've made good with speed and all is settled but some of you are just totally ignorant to how business works and are not seeing the big picture...

To the posters with the stupid, ignorant remarks "use a little more of your brain when posting a CUT into a fellow poster." I'm posting my experiance regardless if it was good or bad and AGAIN this is what these forums are for.

Jon
You may know about real estate but the auto business and its high pressure "out by 5" world is something you don't seem to know. Comunication could have been better about a realistic delivery time but my day flies by running a shop and its sometimes impossible calling everybody and getting stuff done when promised or pushed into promising to be done.I swear people get more upset about their cars then anything else.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by glennster
You may know about real estate but the auto business and its high pressure "out by 5" world is something you don't seem to know. Comunication could have been better about a realistic delivery time but my day flies by running a shop and its sometimes impossible calling everybody and getting stuff done when promised or pushed into promising to be done.I swear people get more upset about their cars then anything else.
Who wrote this?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by Taphee6
Yes, it is the customers right to bitch. This is called inventory management. It is part of business. If you go to a bank to withdraw money are you going to accept a cashier telling you "I am sorry sir you cant have your withdraw because we are out of money"?

If you pull into a gas station that is out of gas you have the right to complain because they are the ones that didn't have it. Who is the dumb *** that didn't order enough (management responsibility). Why didn't they place the order earlier before they ran out of gas (sales forecasting)? Who has the right to go somewhere else (customers freedom of choice)?
This is completely correct, in the world of big business. However, keep in mind that most of this site’s sponsors are small companies compared to what one might expect in the greater business world.

You really need to look at the industry standard. Most all shops face the same supply issues that Speed Inc does, in part because many of them rely on the same suppliers. In greater part because most performance shops simply can’t afford to employ a dedicated marketing department to create, examine, and update sales forecasts; nor can they afford to have a purchasing group that focuses strictly on inventory procurement; nor a material management or inventory control team.

However, regardless of a company’s size, there will always be supply issues from time to time. Yes, it can lead to lost business, and in the case of contract timelines it can certainly lead to large financial penalties. Little can be done to eliminate delays altogether in any industry, minimizing is the key; with the hope of ranking at or near the top percentage in your field.

Look at a shop like Speed Inc as both a manufacturing site and a distribution center. On the manufacturing end, you have the techs doing on site installs/assembling/tuning/etc. This is Speed’s “in-house” product, and delays can come both from staffing issues (sudden increase in workload or decrease in workforce) or from supplier holdups in raw material acquisition. Both of these are difficult to control if they are temporary conditions (which they are in the case of Speed Inc.), and Speed does at least as good (if not better ) at minimizing them as any other “top” ranked shops. On the distribution end, you have the “contract manufacturers/3rd party vendors” supplying finished goods/products that will be stored, sold, and distributed directly to customers. Delays/backorders here are due to either supplier holdups, or DC operations inability to ship to customers in a timely fashion. In the case of Speed Inc, the issue seems to always be supplier holdups, which again is the same condition that all other top performance shops see from time to time.

So, while it is safe to say that the responsibility to provide service or product to the end user/final customer does in fact fall to whatever shop is in question (and not that shop’s supplier), it’s also safe to say that some delays are an unfortunate industry standard. With that in mind, customer’s need to plan for the potential of unexpected delays when they are informed that their order is not currently in stock. And the best way to minimize those delays is to stick with a shop that is ranked at or near the top by other customers. Speed Inc certainly has that sort of ranking, with the vast majority of their customers being very pleased.

Basically, people should try not to take delays so personally. It happens. Nothing wrong with requesting frequent status updates after an extended delay, but there is certainly no reason to attack the shop either.....

I know customers at all levels can be demanding at times, and yes they do have that right, but after working for years in a large volume DC I can tell you that excessive pressure or belligerence just leads to greater frustration for everyone involved.

BTW, I've always had good experiances at Speed Inc.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rpm WS6 couldnt have said it better myself but what do you know your new car is slow you dont buy parts anymore some stupid reason like reliability I think it was haha
Old 05-14-2005, 04:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started doing business with Tom and company about 3 years ago. I have spent thousands of dollars with them and have been happy with my service and the work performed. I myslef have had a few issues with them myself but things can be expected. I will continue to do business with them when I need anything. I have seen several posts like this and know of a few issues that people have had with them, but these things happen when dealing with such a large volume, what I have never heard of though is them NOT taking care of the customer. There might be delays, mis-communication, etc., but never once do they not take care of the customer. That speaks largely for their desire to please the customers.

Old 05-14-2005, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
Rpm WS6 couldnt have said it better myself but what do you know your new car is slow you dont buy parts anymore some stupid reason like reliability I think it was haha

Chris.....not all of us have the huge disposable cash flow that you do. I can't afford to be breaking stuff all the time like you can.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

I have been going to Speed for years. Only place I buy parts from, always had good experiances with Tom and Larry.

Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SilverM6SS
I have been going to Speed for years. Only place I buy parts from, always had good experiances with Tom and Larry.

Joe
You know that you aren't going to get a discount just for Kissing A** here right? lol
Old 05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

You know that you aren't going to get a discount just for Kissing A** here right? lol

Aren't you the hostile one. What are you trying to acomplish? I'm only giving honest feedback about good service. If you can take up four pages with bitching and crying, I can certainly leave one little post about good service.

Just cuz you ended your post with an "LOL" doesn't mean you're not a ********.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

You do realize that by posting nice stuff about speed all you are doing is keeping this thread at the top for more readers to read through right?

I would act cocky and say lets race instead of fight but i have endless thousands of slow in my car right now...
Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

You do realize that by posting nice stuff about speed all you are doing is keeping this thread at the top for more readers to read through right?

I would act cocky and say lets race instead of fight but i have endless thousands of slow in my car right now...

Most of the thousands you have in the car is Labor paid to Speed. Try spending that much on parts alone and do your own install. I'm sure I'll see you at the track and a race would be just fine.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

By posting that comment. I know you dont know who ur talking about.
So I will leave it alone.
Seems like this post is done.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LINGENFELTER SS
By posting that comment. I know you dont know who ur talking about.
So I will leave it alone.
Seems like this post is done.
What is that? A threat or a joke?

Last edited by ILuvMyTransam; 05-18-2005 at 06:50 PM. Reason: directly insults Speed inc. that';s not what i was going for
Old 05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

That means this is a intrenet board and I understand that you dont know SilverM6SS like some people do.. If you knew him that other comment would of never been said. He is the only one who touches his car. So there is no need for him to say anything nice about Speed. But he did cause he gets parts off them all the time. He gets what he wants and leaves. You took a shot at him cause he gave them a kind word ??? Thats why I said I would leave it alone. No need for me to make ignorant comments. Thats all..........................no threats.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Most of the thousands you have in the car is Labor paid to Speed. Try spending that much on parts alone and do your own install. I'm sure I'll see you at the track and a race would be just fine.
Actually, I'd be curious to know what kind of parts you think would fit that description. I'd like to see you back up your statement. What costs more to install at speed than to buy?

Besides that, not everybody can or wants to do all of the work to their cars themselves. Whoever said that you have to do all the work to your car yourself? OF course it is good to do it yourself, if you can/want to.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Actually, I'd be curious to know what kind of parts you think would fit that description. I'd like to see you back up your statement. What costs more to install at speed than to buy?

Besides that, not everybody can or wants to do all of the work to their cars themselves. Whoever said that you have to do all the work to your car yourself? OF course it is good to do it yourself, if you can/want to.

I have no idea what you want me to back up. Install at any shop costs $ save money, have fun, do it yourself. Money saved = more money, left for more parts.
If you read my post I never said anyone has to work on their car. I only mentioned that because luvaTA mentioned how many thousands he spent on his car, do get me wrong I probabaly have just about 5 figures in speed stuff in mine, none of that was labor cost.

Thats all. Now if you will excuse me, you guys have made my fingers sore.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

I have no idea what you want me to back up. Install at any shop costs $ save money, have fun, do it yourself. Money saved = more money, left for more parts.
If you read my post I never said anyone has to work on their car. I only mentioned that because luvaTA mentioned how many thousands he spent on his car, do get me wrong I probabaly have just about 5 figures in speed stuff in mine, none of that was labor cost.

Thats all. Now if you will excuse me, you guys have made my fingers sore.
You said that "most" of the money was in labor charges. Truth is that for most things labor isn't nearly as expensive as parts. You are exaggerating in a failed attempt to prove a point.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
You said that "most" of the money was in labor charges. Truth is that for most things labor isn't nearly as expensive as parts. You are exaggerating in a failed attempt to prove a point.

You want a cookie?

Quick Reply: A Friendly word on LS1Speed Ink.