Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Photo Shoot Location Ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Photo Shoot Location Ideas??

Allright locals gimme a hand here.

I need a photo shoot location for my car for a project.

The theme I want is industrial type..make the car look tough, rather than pretty. I've done it before, even though the paint is "pretty" the car with the cage and big tire with the right background looks really sick.

Model is blonde and will be in something black to go along with what i'm trying to do.

I'm looking for a simple industrial type thing..or maybe railroad tracks/under the El type of thing..I dunno, **** like that. Needs to be outdoors at the photographers request.

Anybody got any ideas around here...or a hookup on a location at a business or something?

Was gonna do a shop theme in back of Speed Inc's shop but that got vetoed cuz of too much background stuff..its gotta stay pretty simple for the background.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe in the train yard near Union Station? that would be a good spot for it, maybe with the city in the background. You could contact someone at Union Station and ask if theres a good spot to do it and ask if its ok to do it.

I think it would be an excellent place to do it.

edit-

minus the snow of course

Last edited by Camaro4Life; 06-23-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Well, if you are thinking about near speed Inc, you could use the driveway of the old comdisco building across the street. You could also use somewhere along Northgate Parkway in Wheeling. (1 stoplight west of Milwakee on Lake Cook). There are train tracks that run along there and its all industrial between Dundee and Lake Cook and north of Lake Cook too. You would have to talk to one of the businesses i guess, but its an idea.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro4Life
Maybe in the train yard near Union Station? that would be a good spot for it, maybe with the city in the background. You could contact someone at Union Station and ask if theres a good spot to do it and ask if its ok to do it.

I think it would be an excellent place to do it.

edit-

minus the snow of course

My dad works in that yard! haha
Old 06-23-2005, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe down by the old warehouses in the 47th and Pulaski area at night? That would look pretty menacing. Make sure the model has her bewbies prominently displayed.

BTW, sorry for the hijack, but when we gonna cruise? I think you might get a bigger kick out of my car now that I ditched the LM and the snowflakes.

Anyway, good luck with the shoot.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

How about any of the museums in Chicago around sunrise? Adler Planeterium, etc...
Lower Wacker Drive
Parking lots on the lakefront parks with the city as a backdrop
Chicago River bridges
Water Treatment Facilities
"The Bean" or "CloudGate" at Millenium Park

A suggestion from one of the WRX guys:
Just thought of another good spot. Oak Brook Mall has a great spot to shoot a car in year round. If you drive towards the Mario Tracocci place, drive past the parking garage in toward the mall, there is a loading and unloading zone area. Big wide open area with bricks instead of pavement. Usually cars don't drive in there because it is mostly a people area. I don't think there are curbs there. It's a very intersting spot that begs for a ladder. If you have one of those four hinge ladders that fits into a car trunk, BRING it. Then shoot down onto your car to catch the bricks in the background. Should look very cool if the lighting is right.

I shoot pictures for a living and I can tell you that every time that I have shot at a mall, I have been stopped. I'm a clean shaven professional looking individual, who looks like he knows what he is doing, and I still get hassled every time, even if I have permission. So I would definitely call the mall security office, and be honest, and tell them that you are a photographer and you want to take some shots of a car for an automotive enthusiast website and tell them where you want to do the shoot. Tell them that it won't take any longer than 20 or 30 minutes. They will meet you there, ask to see if you have any credentials (you can make some and print them out), and then they will leave you alone.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
NKAWTG...N

AND U DONT ASK ME? shmoe, ive got places like that. ill talk to you when i get back. fool.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Motorboater

good suggestions folks. have scoped out a few ideas so far, will look into more of the ones posted here.

somethign downtown would be just killer, i'm just worried about the logistics..i.e--keeping the damn people out of the way, other cars, not getting hassled by coppers, etc.

i've sorta managed to not do anything with this for several months and the pics are due next month so i gotta get my *** in gear
Old 06-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Maybe down by the old warehouses in the 47th and Pulaski area at night? That would look pretty menacing. Make sure the model has her bewbies prominently displayed.

BTW, sorry for the hijack, but when we gonna cruise? I think you might get a bigger kick out of my car now that I ditched the LM and the snowflakes.

Anyway, good luck with the shoot.
whenever man. car has sat for a few weeks cuz of yet another ******* wiring problem and i've been too busy to deal with it. have an entire new GM engine harness ordered, should solve all this **** once and for all, should have it swapped in soon depending on when the thing shows up.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey if you don't mind me asking, wat reason are u taking these pictures anyways
Old 06-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Motorboater

can't say till it comes out. just something i was asked to do with the car, it happens now and then, just this one i have to pick everything and set it all up.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 PM
NKAWTG...N

sean is actually gonna be posing on the car with only a speedo on. very graphic, and i want no part in it.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

Don't ask me why, but the lower wacker dr sounds like it could look pretty good. I don't see how you could pull that off though.....
Old 06-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Motorboater

exactly. i think anything downtown in daylight will be a pretty difficult thing.

neal don't knock the speedo, the bitches love it.

Quick Reply: Photo Shoot Location Ideas??