Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Who's interested in having a GTG this saturday night in the CHi Burbs area 7/2/05?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya Guys it was a good turnout, i wish we could of gotten a little cruise or something together, oh well maybe next time.. We should try to start something up like every week. It was cool though, met some cool people, seen some bad *** cars. OH YA and BTW Matt ans Chris, when do u wanna get some Midwest Mafia stickers made up? Seriously let me know, theres a lady by my house that does stickers/vinyl, and she wont charge alot. Give me a design and i will make them out for us.. peace guys
JacobK
Old 07-03-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

That was cool. The turnout was very good. I was shocked when I rolled in to see 20 cars there. I haven't been to 75th and lemont in years.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

yea niice turnout. that was great! we definitely have to do this again this month or soon. I cant believe how many cars showed up.

It was nice meeting you guys too. My first LS1Tech meet.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JacobK
Ya Guys it was a good turnout, i wish we could of gotten a little cruise or something together, oh well maybe next time.. We should try to start something up like every week. It was cool though, met some cool people, seen some bad *** cars. OH YA and BTW Matt ans Chris, when do u wanna get some Midwest Mafia stickers made up? Seriously let me know, theres a lady by my house that does stickers/vinyl, and she wont charge alot. Give me a design and i will make them out for us.. peace guys
JacobK
a bunch of us when to Steak'N Shake afterwards, chris wanted to fly down 355, there was me, baddogz28, wrencher, heymoej, my friend jason, a guy with a 69 Chevelle?, and couple other guys i dont know their names

chris said hes got 2 rolls of pics hes gonna try and put some up tomarrow

this was fun, need to do it again sometime
Old 07-03-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

good times good times.

We will for sure have to do this again.

Cephiros, thanks for posting the pics. It was nice meeting ya.

That was a fun blast down 355 lol. Worth the 80cents lol.

Peace,
Mike (dude in red lt1 formy)
Old 07-03-2005, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aintno6
good times good times.

We will for sure have to do this again.

Cephiros, thanks for posting the pics. It was nice meeting ya.

That was a fun blast down 355 lol. Worth the 80cents lol.

Peace,
Mike (dude in red lt1 formy)
i was diggin for change center console, and when i threw it for the toll i almost missed the bucket
Old 07-03-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

hah, i shoulda stayed another 40 min if i knew yall were gonna hit steak and shame adn then cruze down 355 :/

and likewise, was nice meeting whomever i did, and nicew seeing the rides, of whoever i didnt have a chance too, hehe
Old 07-03-2005, 01:58 AM
9 Second Club

I had a great time as well it was nice to see all the F-Bods out there all lined up, to meet everyone and put names with faces. The cruise up 355 was definately worth the $0.80 after the @%&$ minivans from the I pass lane got out of my way. I still have no idea why that cop on Ogden didn't turn around when we went by him in second. We should definately plan to do this again... I would make the trip up from central Illinois anytime... way too much rice down there at teh hangouts for my taste. I have a few pictures as well but those will have to wait untill tomorow.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro4Life
yea niice turnout. that was great! we definitely have to do this again this month or soon. I cant believe how many cars showed up.

It was nice meeting you guys too. My first LS1Tech meet.

What he said!

What about a more active meet like softball or something?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

yea it was great seeing everyone there but hopefully next time i'll bring the ls1 instead of the lt1. next time i was thinking have one on a sunday afternoon at a place like hooters(maybe orland) and then do a real cruise like to downtown or something. if anyone has any ideas/comments go right ahead. chris,matt chime in
Old 07-03-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dsz28
What he said!

What about a more active meet like softball or something?
lol i disliek this idea :/ lol im not one for activity too lazy but definately a more formal gettogether like at hooters, was metnioned, or elsewhere woudl be coo.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

definally do something during the day time, its much easier to look at peoples car without a flashlight
Old 07-03-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
definally do something during the day time, its much easier to look at peoples car without a flashlight
i personally like the night, but yeah daytime is good as long as its after 3:30 m-f and weekends dont matter, and i will be there

i wonder if we coudl get a group this big together again, that woudl be tight
Old 07-03-2005, 12:32 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately fun time. I would be up to do another meet. Was nice meeting new people from here.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey,yeah that was a good time,we will do it again.lets here some thoughts on what to do next!!! is anybody gonna try my tire foam trick for cleaning under the hood????post up how you like it if you do!!!!!! HSESWS6 thanx for the heads up on sending me home!!!!!! john
Old 07-03-2005, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by heymoej
hey,yeah that was a good time,we will do it again.lets here some thoughts on what to do next!!! is anybody gonna try my tire foam trick for cleaning under the hood????post up how you like it if you do!!!!!! HSESWS6 thanx for the heads up on sending me home!!!!!! john
i tired it today.... looks pretty good under there, now i just need something to clean my intake manifold & TB that looks like crap!!! It was nice meeting everyone.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

somebody explain to me the tire foam trick, i missed that last night
Old 07-03-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey,get a spray can of tire foam & spray everything plastic,(i pretty much spray everything under the hood)i give mine 2 coats ,let the first coat dry & you will see the spots you missed the 1st time,then just hit it again & you are good to go!!!let me know how it turns out for you!!! john
Old 07-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, we are in the process of getting everything together this upcoming week. we are gonna try and set up a meet for a sunday at hooters in orland park at 1pm. gonna shoot for july 24th. let me know if that date is not good for everyone. i know some people work on saturdays, so sundays are better. Anna is working on designing a logo/sticker for us too. if you guys have friends that have fast cars and are interested in being in, let myself or Chris (baddogz28) know. it is not going to be limited to just f-bodies, but we are gonna set some requirements that gets rid of a lot of ricers. fast imports are okay, but please, no Pepboys powered cavaliers.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
yeah, we are in the process of getting everything together this upcoming week. we are gonna try and set up a meet for a sunday at hooters in orland park at 1pm. gonna shoot for july 24th. let me know if that date is not good for everyone. i know some people work on saturdays, so sundays are better. Anna is working on designing a logo/sticker for us too. if you guys have friends that have fast cars and are interested in being in, let myself or Chris (baddogz28) know. it is not going to be limited to just f-bodies, but we are gonna set some requirements that gets rid of a lot of ricers. fast imports are okay, but please, no Pepboys powered cavaliers.

Ha, that's some funny ****.

Thanks for coming guys, that was some great turnout!!!!

Apparently, my pics are going to take about 4 days to develop, I'll post em up when I have them in a few days.

As far as a logo is concerned, I'll hit the drawing board tonight when I get back from Ted Nugent tonight.

It was nice meeting you guys that I hadn't met before. Let's get it on again next week.

Chris

Quick Reply: Who's interested in having a GTG this saturday night in the CHi Burbs area 7/2/05?