Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Has anyone had his/her car tuned at Hutter Performance in Chardon, Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone had his/her car tuned at Hutter Performance in Chardon, Ohio?

I'm trying to find a tuner near Cleveland, Ohio and a friend mentioned Hutter. He told me that a friend of his had a mustang tuned their and he was happy. However, I'm unaware of any LS1 owners who've had a car tuned at Hutter. So has any had an LS1 tuned at Hutter? And if so, are you happy with the tune and customer service?

Anyone ever hear of them before, either good or bad?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim

I have not, but contact Al Noe from Stainless Works ( sponsor, from Chagrin Falls ). They use them for some tuning. Also, are you familiar with TransAm racing? Tom Sloe is a good friend of the family ( he drives SCAA this year ) but swears by them.

For me, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Gellner engineering built my motor and has used Steve from Dynotech for well over 600 cars, however Dynotech out of Eastlake has stopped tuning. There is a rumour their tuner ended up at LS1Source. You can contact Victory Engines in Cleveland as well and ask who they use. They build LS1 motors ( like Gellner ).

I have had 2 tunes done in Columbus, worht the 1.5 hour drive. Billiumss ( member on the board ) does the tuning and has a good deal with the dyno guys down there.

Hope this helps!!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info!

A friend of mine used Steve at Dynotec and he was very impressed. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in contact with Steve. The rumor that he may have gone to LS1Source may explain why. Anyway, I'll make some calls and talk to the people you mentioned to get more info on Hutter and anyone else they may know.

Thanks again, the info is very helpful.

Jim
Old 07-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Teching In

I would highly recommend GMRspeed, they are located in bruswick. They are very good with all f-bdoy cars, but they work on anything. They are a speed shop that can do pretty much anything you need done, and have an inhouse dyno. I can't remember the name of thier tuner but I hear that he is one of the best on the east coast. I would highly recommend going to them. I sent you a pm with how to contact them. Or you can stop by my site at www.neofb.com and ask my guys what they think about the place. Every one of my members goes through them for parts and work, and I have not recieved a complaint yet from them. I also sent you a pm incase this post gets deleted since I am mentioning a shop that isn't a site sponsor. Hope this helps out.

Derek
Old 07-27-2005, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Derek

Sounds good, do you know the tuners name? Thanks

John Tokar

neofb member
Old 07-28-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I contacted LS1Source and Steve (the guy Viper mentioned in his post) is doing their tuning. A friend of mine had his Vette tuned by Steve and he's putting down around 550 rwhp. He's extremely happy with the tune. So I think my mind is made up, I'm going to LS1Source.

Thanks for your help!!

Jim
Old 08-09-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I know Steve personally, he taught me a lot about tuning a few years ago. I don't think Steve is tuning cars anymore, at least that is what my dyno guys told me last week.

Bill
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,098 Likes on 721 Posts

LS1Source has owed us for 2 quarters of advertising for 2 years, I'm underwhelmed with Bob and Brian's attitude about this. I would not reccomend going there.

ADMIN
Old 08-10-2005, 07:39 AM
8 Second Club

another vote for BILLIUMSS he does a GREAT job and is a GREAT guy to deal with. I would push my car to Bill before I took it to LS1source

Quick Reply: Has anyone had his/her car tuned at Hutter Performance in Chardon, Ohio?