Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Wir

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Wir

Well if all goes well I will be testing some new goodies tomorrow, in preparation for next weeks RSD. Want to find out what, you are going to have to come say hi to the man with the mostly red Caprice tomorrow .
How many can we get to show up at the next RSD? I have run into a few of you but seems like a lot more reply on here than what I actually see.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found it for the first time a few weeks ago... I wasn't happy that the area isn't paved... Black TA+ Gravel = Dirty car = Me Not Happy.

What's the normal turnout look like? Before I could go I'd have to buy a helmet and I think I'm going to wait until I get my LT's and stall before I hit up the track.

I wish they had a flier I could have taken with prices and such.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Most of the rime there are at least 100 cars. alot of rice to beat up on.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

We should talk to someone about setting up a special night just for f-bodies. Like a thursday or something.. that would be nice.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Last year they were doing a wendsday grudge and rice night thing but turnout was too low under 100 cars and they weren't making enough to pay to open the gates so they axed it for this year. In order to get it opened for a "club" type event you will have to have a lot of cars and probably each pay higher admission or get a sponsor to pitch in some dough. Another idea might be to just try to talk to some other groups in the area car clubs or the like in order to get enough cars to make it worth their while.

As far as a helmet they are goofy there a helmet is required for all cars, most tracks it is just faster than 14 seconds. The gravel does suck especially if you race with different tires than you drive on and have to then haul those dirty tires home.
Depending on the nights events admission to race is usually $20-25 and the $20 nights are sometimes only for 3 runs, if the turnout is light though they let you have more but the punchcard you are given is for 3. This is just to make sure everyone gets to go and the lanes aren't plugged up with the same 10 cars hotlapping.

I have had LTs on order for awhile now myself and am really not happy they haven't arrived yet but I know the quality and fit will be worth the wait, if by some freak chance they come in during the week I will do my best to get them in for next week.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

So you ordered some LT's Nice I just installed DMS springs and KYB AGX shocks. I want LT's but there is nowhere around here to get a tune. Closest place is Speed inc in Schaumberg IL.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

UNO,
Theres a place just north of the Airport in Appleton. I ran threw there dyno last year and they do tuning also. I'll be dipped if I can find there card, but I think it was called Extreme Auto and Marine or something like that. Its in the area of CB and Design and Quality. It might be on Quality Dr.
It was $75 for 2 or 3 pulls on the dyno and if I remember right $150 / hr for tuning. Not real sure though.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

I ran my car there over a year ago it is Extreme Performance they are basically behind that Burger King on CB. At that time they did not do EFI tuning but sounds like that has changed.
Mailorder tuning can be great especially with fairly stock cars, the tuners have tuned so many cars with similar mods that they really have it nailed down. When using a good mailorder tuner like pcmforless, madz28, Ed Wright, etc. it is not uncommon for guys to later have the car dyno tuned by the same man or someone else and not really gain much. May at first seem disappointing but the reality of it is the man just did that good a job the first time.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Aw man, I wish I could hit a dyno, but my money is going into saving for LT's, OR-Y, 3600 Stall, Shift kit and B&M 24k cooler and install labor... going to be about 1500 but well worth it!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

BTW thanks for the info 96, I really would like to go on a night when the turn-out isn't so high so I can run more and learn the track and how to launch on a track and such. I gotta get me a helmet too...
Old 07-31-2005, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Who is installing the tranny stuff?
As far as what night to go the RSD ights are probably best for number of runs, the announcer is a loudmouth but you can tune him out.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

I'm bringing it down to speed inc for a couple of days.. let the pro's install it.

Quick Reply: Wir