Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

straightline all the way. see sig for site
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

Guys, we plan on expanding our current shop size another 25%+ within the next 6 months. That will also allow us to have a better customer waiting area, with more of a "living room" feel to it. THe expansion will also allow us to stock more parts, in a more organized fashion. We are also going to be using much more sophisticated software, which will make things more productive with less time consumption on our end.

That being said, I believe we stock more LS1 items than most vendors, and FOR SURE more than anyone in the chicagoland area. IF we were out of Comp springs when you needed them, I assure you it wasnt because we dont stock them, it was because you were looking for them during the brief period between the time we ran out, and the time our COmp inventory order came in.

I also feel that we are very accessible with any questions on parts, labor or tuning you may have. THere are 5 of us online most of the hours of the day, and you can usually expect a response from us within 20-30 minutes or less. IMPORT PATROL, I am sorry we need to go over your nitrous again, and I am sure Larry was apologetic as well. The previous time your car was delayed in delivery was because TCI had their LS1 converters on production hold, and that delayed them in returning yours to us. I dont like cars sittin apart at my shop, taking up lift time, as much as you wanted your car back. Sometimes we truly are at the mercy of the manufacturer, and I am sure any of my competitors would agree.

Right now we are booked out about a week to ten days on bigger jobs, and usually within 1 or 2 days for smaller things.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, I am online all day, and would be glad to help.

Tom Izzo

Last edited by LS1 SPEED INC.; 08-22-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:02 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

wow finally new software. Last week tony hawk and myself were discussing how you guys really needed better software for you inventory so someone wouldn't have to keep running out back to see what was in stock. Sounds like you guys are making some big changes. i'm sure i'll be in soon to get some dyno pulls once the right cam gets installed
Old 08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED INC.
Guys, we plan on expanding our current shop size another 25%+ within the next 6 months. That will also allow us to have a better customer waiting area, with more of a "living room" feel to it. THe expansion will also allow us to stock more parts, in a more organized fashion. We are also going to be using much more sophisticated software, which will make things more productive with less time consumption on our end.

That being said, I believe we stock more LS1 items than most vendors, and FOR SURE more than anyone in the chicagoland area. IF we were out of Comp springs when you needed them, I assure you it wasnt because we dont stock them, it was because you were looking for them during the brief period between the time we ran out, and the time our COmp inventory order came in.

I also feel that we are very accessible with any questions on parts, labor or tuning you may have. THere are 5 of us online most of the hours of the day, and you can usually expect a response from us within 20-30 minutes or less. IMPORT PATROL, I am sorry we need to go over your nitrous again, and I am sure Larry was apologetic as well. The previous time your car was delayed in delivery was because TCI had their LS1 converters on production hold, and that delayed them in returning yours to us. I dont like cars sittin apart at my shop, taking up lift time, as much as you wanted your car back. Sometimes we truly are at the mercy of the manufacturer, and I am sure any of my competitors would agree.

Right now we are booked out about a week to ten days on bigger jobs, and usually within 1 or 2 for smaller things.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, I am online all day, and would be glad to help.

Tom Izzo

expanding the shop is probably on of the best things you can do. I know you are at the mercy of other, not giving beef about that by any means. Just think if your guy's spend a litttle more time on the car's as far a quality that you can be that much better. It's very damn agravating that I have to come back and forth to your shop and find a ride both ways in order to have your shop correct some thing that should of never been let out of the shop in that condition to begin with. It's not like your just around the corner. If more attention was spent towards quality of workmanship rather that quanity shop (IMO) would probably pick up a hell of alot more buisness (if you can handle a larger volume). Just better if things were done correct the first time and not to have to have call backs, better for you and for the customer. (I am not telling you how to run a buisness, just my own 2 cents, take it for what its worth)
Old 08-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
expanding the shop is probably on of the best things you can do. I know you are at the mercy of other, not giving beef about that by any means. Just think if your guy's spend a litttle more time on the car's as far a quality that you can be that much better. It's very damn agravating that I have to come back and forth to your shop and find a ride both ways in order to have your shop correct some thing that should of never been let out of the shop in that condition to begin with. It's not like your just around the corner. If more attention was spent towards quality of workmanship rather that quanity shop (IMO) would probably pick up a hell of alot more buisness (if you can handle a larger volume). Just better if things were done correct the first time and not to have to have call backs, better for you and for the customer. (I am not telling you how to run a buisness, just my own 2 cents, take it for what its worth)
John, I understand completely. Making trips, getting rides, and time off of work is a PIA. I know, I have been there.

Quick Reply: speed shops