Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Storage Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Storage Insurance

Does anyone know of a insurance company that will give you storage insurance just for the winter without the car being parked on the property?? AAA and Allstate won't do the storage insurance unless the car is indoors and on the property, which pretty much sucks because it's only $30 bucks a month and unfortunatlly i don't have a garage so i was planing on storing in a heated single car unit for the winter but i need the insurance and $30 is cheaper than $300 expecially when the car isnt going to be driven.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had AAA and have stored the car at my brothers house one winter and they covered it. I guess you could lie but what if it burnt down? They never said anything about it haveing to be on my property. try getting a reciept from the people that own the garage for storage and see if that works. Good luck. I put storage on mine every year and will put it on in about 2 weeks myself.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Farmer's insurance will.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

I have Allstate and my insurance agent takes collision off my car during the winter and this saves me a lot of money. I think this is the same as storage insurance.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
Farmer's insurance will.
Farmers insurance, i cannot find any in the area. do you have a number or website ohh i moved back to IL if that changes anything sorry!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

I've used Allstate the past two years with no problems. They have never asked me where the car is stored (although it is in my own garage during the winter). Just have everything cancelled on the policy with the exception of liability coverage and tell them the car will be driven less than X amount of miles a month.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

I use state farm and drop to comprehensive with no problems for storage
Old 08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

I have state farm and they let me do storage insurance and I didn't even have it in a garage.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Farmers insurance, i cannot find any in the area. do you have a number or website ohh i moved back to IL if that changes anything sorry!
welcome back.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

Here you go: Farmer's Insurance Website
Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the help Matt, but i went there typed all my info in and the site says no match found. any who i called around and everyone says they won't do it unless i have at least one other car under full coverage so i might have to make my beater a full coverage car now. but the allstate agent gave in and told me that he would do something for me if i can get 2 more cars on the policy. Now my storage spot is upping the price so im on the hunt for a new spot! Does anyone know where i can find a nice storage spot for a car indoors so i can do my h/c this winter?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cephiros
welcome back.
hey thanks man, Now i don't have to make that 350 mile drive 2wice a month and im still with the dealer and i got a raise for more mod money!!
Old 08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Retired Street Racer

Thanks for the help Matt, but i went there typed all my info in and the site says no match found. any who i called around and everyone says they won't do it unless i have at least one other car under full coverage so i might have to make my beater a full coverage car now. but the allstate agent gave in and told me that he would do something for me if i can get 2 more cars on the policy. Now my storage spot is upping the price so im on the hunt for a new spot! Does anyone know where i can find a nice storage spot for a car indoors so i can do my h/c this winter?
i have the camaro on storage and my blazer on liability. let me give you my agents number via PM. he will take good care of you. he has been a family friend for years.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

i have the camaro on storage and my blazer on liability. let me give you my agents number via PM. he will take good care of you. he has been a family friend for years.
you are a good guy matt, always helping when you can, there needs to be more people like you in chicago