Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Illinois street racing laws?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illinois street racing laws?

I've heard there are new street racing laws on the books. I'm not even talking about "street racing" like an organized group activity (ala Fast n Furious). I mean more along the lines of... spur of the moment.. going from a stoplight. Say you get caught. What could the charges be? I keep hearing the law now allows for them to impound the vehicle, not let you have it back, fine you out the @$$ and so forth. Anyone know FOR CERTAIN? Links to said law? I'm just trying to expand my knowledge.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by 408LS1TA
I've heard there are new street racing laws on the books. I'm not even talking about "street racing" like an organized group activity (ala Fast n Furious). I mean more along the lines of... spur of the moment.. going from a stoplight. Say you get caught. What could the charges be? I keep hearing the law now allows for them to impound the vehicle, not let you have it back, fine you out the @$$ and so forth. Anyone know FOR CERTAIN? Links to said law? I'm just trying to expand my knowledge.

I am not positive about what the laws are currently. But, I did get nailed for drag racing about 3yrs ago in chicago. What they did in my case (I have a MI lic and the guy I was racing has a IN lic.) they took the guy with the IN lic away and gave him a ticket for drag racing and let him go. Me with my MI lic, (IL does not take MI lic) and let my passenger follow me in the squad to the police station. Where I got an I-bond and then drove home. When it cam down to court. Since dag racing could be a class A felony you can get a $1,000 fine and up to 1yr in jail. But we both had clean driving records at the time, And they let us off on a plea bargain, for a $150.00 fine, 6months supervision and 4hr traffic school.

I was happy thats all I had recieved, since I heard alot of horror stories. But I am not 100% positive if things changed or what. I hope that helps some.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Well you should get what you deserve if your stupid enough to go from light to light.

Atleast take it to an abandon road.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

its strict in old houst texas... thats why the scene is turning into a ghost town
Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

lets just say that in illinois, street racing is as bad as a DUI.

Quick Reply: Illinois street racing laws?