Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

mike vanderfag

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mike vanderfag

if anyone wants to join me in hunting down vanderjagt and breaking his legs please feel free. i'm in clinical depression right now, i really need some zoloft. *sigh*.....and to add salt to the wound i had a bet with ssPetess and i have to put the steelers logo in my sig for a week.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change it to the Steelers Logo..Maybe the Mighty Colts were to Confident?
Old 01-15-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Change it to the Steelers Logo..Maybe the Mighty Colts were to Confident?
idk what happened man, looked like it was going to happen in the 4th huh? damn...not much i can really say, i'm 19 but haven't missed a colts game for as long as i can remember. this is seriously depressing me.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

The game should have been over after the Polomolu INT (or bad call reversal)
Old 01-15-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Wow.. Your pissed because the #1 kicker in the NFL finally missed a kick? WTF why not blame Manning for choking under preassure during the first half. Or maybe blame the whole damn offense for not playing to their best during the whole first half. I Love the colts they've been my team and will still be my favorite team untill I die but putting all the blame on Vanderjagt is dumb.. There were some bad calls by the refs and they made a Valient effort at the end and I was really hoping it was going to be good but why didn't manning just try to get in a better spot on the field before trying to get a touchdown. I know he tried to get the touch down instead of going into overtime but personally I would have tried for a better spot on the field in case it did come down to the kicker.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CashMoney
Wow.. Your pissed because the #1 kicker in the NFL finally missed a kick? WTF why not blame Manning for choking under preassure during the first half. Or maybe blame the whole damn offense for not playing to their best during the whole first half. I Love the colts they've been my team and will still be my favorite team untill I die but putting all the blame on Vanderjagt is dumb.. There were some bad calls by the refs and they made a Valient effort at the end and I was really hoping it was going to be good but why didn't manning just try to get in a better spot on the field before trying to get a touchdown. I know he tried to get the touch down instead of going into overtime but personally I would have tried for a better spot on the field in case it did come down to the kicker.
call me an idiot but ill take david akers or adam vineterri in a clutch position anyday over vanderjagt, def. not blaming the entire loss on him either but he is not a reliable clutch kicker ( tampa bay 2 yrs ago, missed the 1st kick to win got a BS call and barely hit the 2nd ) IMO. yeah manning should have tried to get better field position and they should have tossed a couple runs in inside the 30 especially on that 3rd and 2, they had 2 TO's left. get the 1st then pass for the TD. if they got it then good, if not they still should have faith in knowing he would hit that kick i know it's not a gimme but as you said #1 kicker right?????. the entire offense was not looking good during the first half i agree and it did play a big part, but when you have ONE job and that is to kick the ball, i really find it hard on my part to not SOMEWHAT place a little bit of the blame on him. plays like that are what seperate the good players from the great ones and he choked. and for the record, i assume you're saying #1 kicker by stats right? take a look at the season neil rackers had he was the #1 kicker in the league this year.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not much of a man, for Manning to complain about his line.. if he had hit some of his passes they could have won.... thats poor. Lets point fingers.... I hope a Manning never wins another playoff game!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

he's got the best O - line in NFL football IMO, i'm not on the field with them so idk what he says to them or to howard mudd, so i dont know how you do either? and did you even watch the game? he hit his passes, not his best day but not anything to be ashamed of.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

How are they childish? He is the one that was on tv and Howie blasted for pointing at teammates.... not I. He got beat by a superior QB that wins in crunch time.... not a 3-6 playoff record.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

childish to say "oh i hope he never wins another playoff game" i really find it very hard to believe manning blasted his line on national TV. and as for superior QB, take rothlisberger off a team that does not run 80% of the time and you have a mediocre QB. not saying he is not good, but he is not even close to touching mannings jock strap. if your talking about him on the sidelines, how do you or howie long know what he is saying????
Old 01-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

I agree 99Camaro... I'm also 19 and live in Indianapolis. I don't attend games cause I rather spend money on 1 of my cars. But, I havn't missed a game in years. And it is pretty damn sad when a kicker misses a 45 YARD FG attempt... If it was close ok ok it was close ohh well but it wasn't even near it.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

agree. if it was close, ok he gave a valiant effort, but he missed it WIDE right absolutely pathetic not even close at all.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Dude he kicked a 46 yard field goal attempt. (http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...060115_PIT@IND)

Up untill this game his record was a 43 yarder. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/...031228_IND@HOU)

Yes it a measly 3 yards but do you honostly think that he practices from that yardage I seriously doubt he does. (I could be wrong). And I'm not trying to start a pissing contest I just think you shouldn't be putting all the blame on Vanderjagt. It was a team effort therefore the whole team lost not just because of one guy. If it was a puny 20 yard FG attempt and he missed I would blame him but a 46 yard FG attempt common.
Referring back to the top of the NFL I meant on home game stats he never missed a field goal at home until today.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

6/6 at home all year whoopdidoo. and maybe you can't read but i also said i'm not placing all blame on him, my point is he's a jackass for missing it so badly. and yes before games he kicks up to 60 yarders, but that is alot different when another team is on the other side of the ball. let me say again....not placing all blame on the kicker. the whole team played badly in the first half, i thought they did a nice job in the 2nd for the most part. but come on man, my point is that is his one job, he does nothing else, doesn't even kick off. you HAVE to hit that in that scenerio. it was very makeable.

Last edited by 99camarosupersport; 01-15-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
6/6 at home all year whoopdidoo. and maybe you can't read but i also said i'm not placing all blame on him, my point is he's a jackass for missing it so badly. and yes before games he kicks up to 60 yarders, but that is alot different when another team is on the other side of the ball. let me say again....not placing all blame on the kicker. the whole team played badly in the first half, i thought they did a nice job in the 2nd for the most part. but come on man, my point is that is his one job, he does nothing else, doesn't even kick off. you HAVE to hit that in that scenerio. it was very makeable.
If your not blaming it on one guy then why is the title of the thread called mike vanderfag?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

omfg, b/c he's a dousche bag for missing it. thats all im saying about this.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Oh well. Doesnt look like any midwest teams did worth a crap today. *cough* Bears *cough*

So when do we get to see that Steelers logo?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
omfg, b/c he's a dousche bag for missing it. thats all im saying about this.
Kinda like manning for missing the open receivers in the 1st half?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Vanderjagt is a huge jagoff.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Not much of a man, for Manning to complain about his line.. if he had hit some of his passes they could have won.... thats poor. Lets point fingers.... I hope a Manning never wins another playoff game!
I thought the exact same thing. Then a guy I work with told me this morning that Manning was actually bitching about some blocking scheme that the o-line coach had some up with. Something about the guards having to make a double-read and that it just wasn't working.
So now Manning overrides Dungy on the punt and calls out the o-line coach. Sorry, but right now if I'm the Colts I'm taking calls on Peyton Manning.
He can't win the big game and he's showing up coaches and blaming them for his deficiencies.