Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Let's get a list of Chicago/ Suburb cruise spots you go to...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thGenCamaro
I raced a H/C LT1 on a full slick from St. Charles last year. He spotted me out about 5 cars, and I held him off and gained 3 on top of that. That was when my car was only boltons and naturally aspirated though. I will be lucky to get one race this year with my new setup
you talking about the guy with the carburated LT1, he sold that car, got a truck now
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
well Photo's finally really died which sucks, we were there most weekends for what, like 6 years lol. maybe it'll make a comeback this year?

I'll still be hitting Photos often; been going for over 8 years now. There's still a few of us regulars that head out there. It wasn't really much of a "show" last year, but still a cool place just to hang out and meet up with some regular locals. Over the years I've gotten to know a lot of people there, some that still show up somewhat regularly, so I still have a good time just bsing for a while, even if there aren't too many cars out. Good part is, it's easier to get a decent parking spot without the huge crowd.

I think it'll pick up again eventually, it's had ups and downs with attendance over the years, and it's always bounced back in the past.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I raced a H/C LT1 on a full slick from St. Charles last year. He spotted me out about 5 cars, and I held him off and gained 3 on top of that. That was when my car was only boltons and naturally aspirated though. I will be lucky to get one race this year with my new setup

You feel up to it this year? We can have a little fun!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:08 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Yeah there are a lot of Gurnee kids BS'ing at McDonalds, but it is funny to watch. It is hit and miss...some night are awesome, some suck. All the ricers watch though when my big cam'n LS1 fires up with the cutout open.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

S&S is like that too. So is corners sometimes...

Team Scion and south side customs rolls in and starts driving around in circles.

Other nights there trailer cars there, a line of 20 f-bodies, other cool ****...
Old 02-15-2006, 09:23 PM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
swing
you gotta stop, my nuts are hurtin
btw change your sig *****
Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Nah, I couldn't hang with your car last year and my bottle is no match for a turbo. I am still a stock cubed hydraulic motor.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,108 Likes on 726 Posts

Stop picking on Matt, pick on me. Would you actually make a pass on the street with your new setup? If so, I will too.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it'd be cool to meet up and check out some of these f-bodies off the board..

Never had a cruise tho... Just me and my buddy cruising around.. but he has a s2000... gives those Mustangs a run for their money tho..
Old 02-15-2006, 10:18 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Stop picking on Matt, pick on me. Would you actually make a pass on the street with your new setup? If so, I will too.
I already told you Ernie was in trouble!
I don't pick on anyone. Matt challenged me last year, when we met up he changed his mind. I didn't bust his ***** at all! I was just offering for fun, no harm. I would rather do the track, but if the right situation came up I'm game.
I wouldn't race with a 100 goofs lurking around.
I was out all last year, and this year should be better. I would like to meet up with you and see you out this year. Strats is my place, on North ave. I know most of the cops in that town, not a problem at all.

Btw, you didn't answer any of my questions in the other thread? Oh, I picked up my turbos today!
Andy.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

are you doing twin setup?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by 88monte
you gotta stop, my nuts are hurtin
btw change your sig *****
that swing was for someone else dumbass, suck on my junk you biotch
Old 02-16-2006, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Anyone here wear Zubaz?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

so far I have found schaumburg/streets of woodfield to really be one of the better spots.
you get your sure of kids and rice, but their are some cool cars and hot chics.
Plus the cops are not a pain in the ***.

thats why like I said in an early post, I hit that area and crystal lake weekly car show!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,108 Likes on 726 Posts

I didn't answer your questions because a few parts are potentially being changed due to availability.

I made a few blasts on the street with my car last year, I can handle it. Pick on me not some 10 second guy, I'm already in the 9's.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Retired Street Racer

At the end of the season last year my car was barely in the 9s Andy. When I invited you to come out and meet up with us at 4 corners I wasn't expecting you to bring out a friggin race car like you have. Now I see you are gonna run turbos? Damn, I can't hang with that unless you want to give me some land. My car hasn't changed much from last year other than it is heavier and has a bigger cam in it. It is still a cam only car on a small dry shot.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

At the end of the season last year my car was barely in the 9s Andy. When I invited you to come out and meet up with us at 4 corners I wasn't expecting you to bring out a friggin race car like you have. Now I see you are gonna run turbos? Damn, I can't hang with that unless you want to give me some land. My car hasn't changed much from last year other than it is heavier and has a bigger cam in it. It is still a cam only car on a small dry shot.
No problem, you were saying no one would run you. I was saying I would give you a little action. I not one of those guys who will only race for money. I don't care.
I was having issues last year, you would have given me a run for my money! How's the bottle working out for you?
One of the biggest reasons I'm going turbo, is that I can drive the car more. It will see ALOT more street this year. I'll see you around when it warms up. Andy.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I didn't answer your questions because a few parts are potentially being changed due to availability.

I made a few blasts on the street with my car last year, I can handle it. Pick on me not some guy, I'm already in the 9's.

I would have been more worried about running Matt than you. If I would have called you out I would have felt like I was picking on you! I gave you my set up, now you know what you have to change. Andy.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Retired Street Racer

No problem, you were saying no one would run you. I was saying I would give you a little action. I not one of those guys who will only race for money. I don't care.
I was having issues last year, you would have given me a run for my money! How's the bottle working out for you?
One of the biggest reasons I'm going turbo, is that I can drive the car more. It will see ALOT more street this year. I'll see you around when it warms up. Andy.
My car will be out on the street more often this year as well. We will have to meet up and do a "fun race"
Old 02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Matt, got time for a "fun race" with me?

Quick Reply: Let's get a list of Chicago/ Suburb cruise spots you go to...