Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Question for Central IL people

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for Central IL people

Before too long i will getting a new hood for my TA and when i get that painted i also want to have most of my front end repainted as well due to a poor paint job following an accident last summer. So i was wondering if anyone knew of a good paint shop in the central il area, hopefully in bloomington/normal but close by would work to. thanks for any help.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Ask Steve Burger. I know he lined up a GTG at the end of last year somewhere up in north Normal. I cant recall the name of the place but I know Steve would. Anyway, it was local, the owner was nice, and it looked like he did a good job. He can hook you up, I'm sure.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was the Hot Rod Body Shop. The owner's name was Tracy I believe.

2024 Eagle Rd.
Normal IL 61761
309-452-5252
Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Teching In

sticks1130
I live in Bloomington now and the hot rod body shop was a nice place when we had a gathering there last october,
I went to school in Macomb at Western and there is a shop there that painted the black panel on the back of my SS for me, he did an excellent job at a good price, the place is car care corvettes on deere road out past the caseys on west jackson by the DMV, he buys and restores a lot of older corvettes and then resells them, he has a decent selection on newer vettes too. You might want to check with him if you are going to have it done over there
Old 02-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tips guys. After my accident i had 101 Corvette do the repairs here in Macomb and the paint on the front bumper didnt match up even after he repainted it a second time to try to match it better. I will most likely be back in bloomington when i get the new hood so i will look into the hot rod body shop if they are supposed to do good work.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you are in Bloomington give me a holler. You can look at the work Tracy (Hotrod Body Shop) did on my car. He is very good and reasonable. Not easy to find in combination.

On my car he painted the engine bay and did a lot of custome work on the rear bumper cover to fit a large slick. The engine bay is great and obvious. The rear bumper cover doesn't look touched but will clear a 29" tall tire easy.

Now if I just had an engine
Old 02-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Hey Sticks1130 you live in Bloomington? Well I live just right outside of Alton. Anyway I bought my Camaro from a guy there. You know Dan Ausalie? He had a 01 Black SS.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssmaro
Hey Sticks1130 you live in Bloomington? Well I live just right outside of Alton. Anyway I bought my Camaro from a guy there. You know Dan Ausalie? He had a 01 Black SS.
No, that name doesnt ring a bell, i dont really know any of the fbody guys around town. Hopefully this summer i can make it to a meet.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Question for Central IL people