Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Track near Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

wamp 42 - be careful which helmet you get. They require a Snell rating. I got mine at the pro race at Rt. 66 3 years ago. A few of the major helmet makers are there and they have excellent prices. PM me and I can fill you in more on other places to get them.

I've only been to Rt. 66. I really like it there. Its more expensive than most, approx $40. They are strict on the tech inspections.

On the good side, they are very professional. Others here may laugh, but I feel the tech inspection is an important part of racing and I wouldn't want to run against a car that couldn't pass. I take pride in my car and wouldn't want it ruined by someone elses negligence.

You will have a blast! It's one on the biggest adreneline rushes.

Races are in Tuesday and if your under 13's you can race on Wednesday.
Old 03-09-2006 | 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

RT. 66 is a nice track, i just dont enjoy the 45minutes of tech followed up with a 2hour wait in staging lanes

66 and byron are the only two ive been to, i like the atmosphere at byron much more
Old 04-07-2006 | 12:32 AM
Teching In

not to kick a dead horse (thread), but byron is definitely not in rockford Byron is 11 miles out of rockford, and you can get there by taking route 2 right through. the drag strip is accross the bridge on your left when you first get in byron, and down the road on the right about 1 mile.
Old 04-07-2006 | 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragula
Races are in Tuesday and if your under 13's you can race on Wednesday.
Rt 66 opened Wednesday Test and tunes to all cars now. No more "radical Wednesdays" where you have to be faster than 13.0 and no street tires allowed. It's the same as Tuesdays now; run what ya brung.

The only diffeence is that they are only doing 4 Wednesdays this year.

Quick Reply: Track near Chicago