Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Twisters..MO &IL

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for Blue Cross and we've got 4 offices in Springfield, 1 in Jacksonville.

The roofs got ripped off 2 of our offices, one on Liberty Dr, the other on MacArthur. I'm just glad that our control room is still intact, otherwise I'd be making a trip with a moving truck full of equipment.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a few shots of the tornado aftermath. This is in a 1 mile radius of my house(which was untouched thank god)

Old 03-17-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the path of the tornado's that hit Springfield for anybody that knows the area.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/?n=spi-tornado

This is the first time I can think of that tornado's have touched down within the city limits, so quite a bit got torn up. Some small towns within the city were on lock down with 8pm curfew's for a while, and some area's still don't have power. Regardless of all the damage, by some miracle nobody was killed.

I may end up hosting a rather short notice charity car show to collect donations and/or children's clothes, items, etc. for anybody that thinks they could make it. It would probably be on March 25 or April 1 if it happens, and anybody from here would like to attend.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link Smokin. I hadnt seen many pictures of all the areas yet. Awesome damage!!! The captions didnt mention the camper and boat dealer, mel-o-cream, or american metals. I think thats where the first one touched ground and the devistation began. Blew out some building walls and tore the hell out of the campers. American metals was tore open like a can and the corner of mel-o-cream was gone. Some poor sap will be wondering why he doesnt have donuts over in iowa !!!

Quick Reply: Twisters..MO &IL