Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Milan Opens saturday

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Norwalk is going to be the track of choice this year believe me. I was just interested in checking out a couple of other tracks that's all. I enjoy the change of scenery I guess.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LookinAtMyPlate
wait whens that open because my car is kept at 23 and 14 so would that be closed to me than milan?
It opens this saturday at noon. You can get all the runs in you want, usually.

The lack of prep at lapeer usually knocks .1 or so off my 60' from milan. Not much diff is what im saying, and unlimited runs usually.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

LaPeer is a shithole! It IS nice to get 4 or 5 back-to-back passes though. The main problem I have with Lapeer is the dirt pit area, HORRIBLE traction and no scoreboard. Lapeer is an ice rink compared to Milan. I've also gotten some "mistake" timeslips, like...16.20 @ 128 !!?????
Old 03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CLOKWRK
LaPeer is a shithole! It IS nice to get 4 or 5 back-to-back passes though. The main problem I have with Lapeer is the dirt pit area, HORRIBLE traction and no scoreboard. Lapeer is an ice rink compared to Milan. I've also gotten some "mistake" timeslips, like...16.20 @ 128 !!?????
I agree, but I like to run a lot when I pay $30 or so just to be allowed to drive down a road. Its like a real expensive toll.......kinda.

Hey CLOKWRK, are you ever in the rochester area? I never see HOSS's but saw one with some nice Z06s on it a while ago out here.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

I don't make it north of Big Beaver very often anymore...I used to work at Long Lake and Woodward. I go up Woodward to 14 mile area to work and I've seen a HOSS with white interior a few times...is that you? Chrome ZR1's?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

There's a place worse than Milan? Ran there for Superfest last year and was a tenth or two off my normal times at Martin MI. I HATE the way Milan is layed out and the stupid offset concrete pads from an old track layout? Martin opens April 8th and T&T is only $15. Ususally get as many runs in as I want till I get bored. Track prep is ususally very good even for T&T's.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CLOKWRK
I don't make it north of Big Beaver very often anymore...I used to work at Long Lake and Woodward. I go up Woodward to 14 mile area to work and I've seen a HOSS with white interior a few times...is that you? Chrome ZR1's?
No Im graphite interior, non chrome ZR1s, and light window film. Man, of the 375 made, 300 must be in the metro detroit area!!

I am just trying to get a few other lS1s out there with me, cause every AWD turbo car kid thinks RW cant launch, and cant run. Unfortunately, I cannot prove them wrong on nittos right now.....help
Old 03-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GETGONE
There's a place worse than Milan? Ran there for Superfest last year and was a tenth or two off my normal times at Martin MI. I HATE the way Milan is layed out and the stupid offset concrete pads from an old track layout? Martin opens April 8th and T&T is only $15. Ususally get as many runs in as I want till I get bored. Track prep is ususally very good even for T&T's.

How are the tech's at 131 compared to milan? Are they just as relaxed or do they go over your car with a microscope? I would hate to drive to the other side of the stat just to be turned away because I don't have ever safety device.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

That's cool, prolly go eventually down the road
Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

I guess it depends what you have done to your car for Martin. I'm stock so they just check my battery hold down and that's about it. I've seen em go over some just put together cars pretty throughly. I should have a drive shaft safety loop per NHRA rules. Martin is an IRHA track so I don't know if the rules are different or if you're stock they don't care. I just have to have a helmet and I've never had any problems.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
That's cool, prolly go eventually down the road
Hey! Another Grosse Pointer!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage
Lapeer is about 40 min northeast of Milan. Basically take I75 to M24 Lapeer for 30miles or so of nice country cruising, then its 2 miles off m24 in lapeer. A right onto daley and then a left when you see the sign. Its always good for a ton of runs, but not nearly as sticky as norwalk...where you lose a shoe walking.
I live right down the road from the dragstrip in Lapeer. Let me know what day you guys are going and I might try and catch up with you to go out and watch. ConfusedGarage is your 99 Hugger running that 13 second pass stock? I was just wondering roughly what mine will run as I just got it over the winter.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey heres another one that want to try another track other than Lapeer and Milan. I want to check out 131 as well. I'v been to norwalk and man it is a world of difference compared to milan. I plan on checking out a few different tracks this year.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Default I suck

I went to Milan Yesterday...Man did I suck...A Monkee could have shifted the car better than me yesterday...I missed 3rd twice
Oh well maybe next time I will do better
Old 04-02-2006, 10:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was Milan packed?

I've raced my Ford Diesel at 131 for the first DHRA nations. I had the fastest Ford running mid 13's. The place was awsome but I couldn't comment of the track conditions as 13 is pretty slow to judge a track, especially when using 4x4
Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

I only managed to get three runs in....I am guessing there were over 150 cars there. I need more time with my T/A...my best time was 14.1XXX...I know I can do a lot better than that. I was hoping to be somewhere in the mid to high 13's. I can't comment on how good the track is either as I have only been to Ubly and Milan once each. I would imagine that times would have been better had it been warmer....I just need more practice.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Wow...only 3 runs? Heck at Martin for T&T no matter when I go I can ususally get as many runs in as I want till I'm bored. Friday nights are fairly busy and don't get a lot of runs in but I usually stop and watch other people run for a while.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by blackraven
I only managed to get three runs in....I am guessing there were over 150 cars there. I need more time with my T/A...my best time was 14.1XXX...I know I can do a lot better than that. I was hoping to be somewhere in the mid to high 13's. I can't comment on how good the track is either as I have only been to Ubly and Milan once each. I would imagine that times would have been better had it been warmer....I just need more practice.

14's with an LS1? You should be banned! You need to learn how to do this...

Just kidding with ya, you forgot to tell them that you have only had your car for a short time and that you havent driven it in almost 4 months due to Ohio's lovely winter season.

You will do better next time. Is Joe giving you ****?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Judge Smales
I live right down the road from the dragstrip in Lapeer. Let me know what day you guys are going and I might try and catch up with you to go out and watch. ConfusedGarage is your 99 Hugger running that 13 second pass stock? I was just wondering roughly what mine will run as I just got it over the winter.
Mine did 13.33 @106.8 stock, and the 13.0 with the loudmouth. Its all about the 60ft.....
Old 04-04-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Wow...only 3 runs? Heck at Martin for T&T no matter when I go I can ususally get as many runs in as I want till I'm bored. Friday nights are fairly busy and don't get a lot of runs in but I usually stop and watch other people run for a while.
We'll have to meet up there sometime. I doubt my car will be ready for this weekend but it should be for next weekend.