Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

My puppy (Ivy) needs surgery. Anyone know someone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that man....I just lost my dog last month didn't even get to see him go because I'm off at school hope everything works out for ya
Old 04-13-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey...sorry to hear about ur dog....i have 2 westies and i know what u mean about personality...they are the best...well our vet offers care credit...u should look into that...if ur vet doesn't offer it then find a VCA vet near u....it is a life saver.....good luck hope this helps u.....
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 AM
NXZ
On The Tree

My dog Dingo had major surgery and we were questioning how we were giong to pay for it. We allmost had to put him to sleep until the vet told us about a not for profit organization called Care One Credit. They will provide you with a no interest credit account for your pets needs. I feel where you are coming from looking at that huge bill and then looking into your puppies eyes. Man it gets me every time I think about it. He is doing great now though.... Funny thing is that all it was, was acid reflux and I feel like a dick for having him go through all of that. But I guess it was neccessary.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys for all the comments and referalls. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

In the past I've taken my pets to Dundee Animal Hospital in Elgin on Foothill Rd (Randall Rd. and Rte 20) area. They have always been super good to me even at the worse of times. I don't know how complicated the operation. I had a pup when I was a little kid that broke her leg in 2 places and Dundee Animal Hospital recommended we take it to a place in Deerfield. My family took the dog there and they did a good job, just very costly.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Launching!

dude if my wife took my dog without consent and had his nuts cut i would probably take her and have her put to sleep. your girl got off easy. i can't even imagine how raging i would be if something like that happened to duke my boston terrier. he is like my son. thats why i haven't gotten him clipped. my wife keeps telling me we need to but i keep telling her i can't clip my boy. so if someone did it behind my back and then he died... oh man they would be hurting. sorry about that man.
Originally Posted by 4thGenCamaro
DO NOT TAKE HER TO ANIMAL CARE CENTER IN PLAINFIELD!!! I can not stress that enough. My ex-fiance took my dog Murphy there, without my consent, for a neuter, and they ended up giving him too much anestesia. They were able to bring him back to, but he had severe brain damage and we had to put him asleep. He was only 3 1/2 months old. I was so broke up about it that I broke up with her shortly before we were supposed to get married. That's how much I loved him. I recommend New Lenox Animal Clinic. They are a small, home town type of hospital. They will work with you on the price.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Sad.

And that's a lot of money to spend on a pet.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Some good news. We have been getting better prices. Down Below 1000 per hip! Still quite a bit of money for a 7.6lb puppy but much better than the 2200 per. I am confident now with our tax return and a little saving we can get her all taken care of. Thanks for all the support and we are still calling arround.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Import Patrol

best of luck!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Sad.

And that's a lot of money to spend on a pet.
Yeah, but they are worth it. Murphy was $1200. The vet paid for Luka. Both are AKC long haired miniature dachshunds.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Please keep us informed with what happens. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: My puppy (Ivy) needs surgery. Anyone know someone?