Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Grand Prix Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purdue Grand Prix Car Show

Every year Purdue University holds a Grand Prix go-cart race. On the same day PAPA (Purdue Automotive Performance Association) hosts a car show. This year the race/car show is on April 22, so next weekend. Cost is $20, which goes to support the show and the club, and help pay for our go-cart we're competing with in the race.

Judging: 11 - 1 pm
Awards: 2 pm

There will be cart racing going on all day very close to the show so you can watch. There will also be a few bands performing throughout the day.

Registration information is here: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/gran...tionpacket.pdf

Information about the show/awards/race can be found here: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/GrandPrix.html

If there are any questions feel free to ask.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

cool, I'll be down drinking all weekend, I'll have to stop by and check things out.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

I will have a '67 Grand Prix Convert there for sure and maybe my Formula. Is it possible to pay the 20 bucks the day of the event?

Ed
Old 04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

I'm wondering if late model modified means riced? My car doesn't fit into any categories if that is the case.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CashMoney
I'm wondering if late model modified means riced? My car doesn't fit into any categories if that is the case.
Its usually a respectable show from what I've seen, but I don't want to get your hopes up. By the way, I also had my roof replaced over Purdue's Spring Break...what a pain...
Anyways, back to the car show...Ru2n00n3er, PM me or let me know the details in this thread.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by green28
cool, I'll be down drinking all weekend, I'll have to stop by and check things out.
You can pay day off, that's no problem. Also, the price has been dropped to $15.

I'll check with some guys to see what class our cars would actually fit in. It's the first show I've been to so I'm not even sure what I'm in.