Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

'hot rodding' ticket - cops, is this BS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006 | 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Default All Cops In Please!! Long.

Well this weekend sucked!!

On friday a bunch of us were getting ready meet and figure out whats going on for the Hardcore Motorsports open house on saturday. We all decide to meet at Discount tires on penn st. There is four of us heading down penn st (in my car is me and 2 buddies 1 budies is tuning my car because of new cam and stuff. I'm about a 100 yards behind the other three car when all of sudden arron in the mustang in front me decides to floor it, damn near loses it and all most takes out another car.
After he regains control he noticed there was a cop by the car wash and all three of them dash down side streets.
I was doing like 5 under the speed limit becuase jeff my buddy tuning was tryin to fix my cars surging, when that cop flys by me to get them.

Then she nails her brakes and get behind me and pulls me over. She says her and her partner seen me hot rodding which is BS

my Question is? I there anything i can do about this BS it's basicly me and my friends word against the cops?
and is there any law for hot rodding? because thats what the tickets charge is hot rodding.
Or should i get a lawyer.

any info will help thanks
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Your friends suck.
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:07 AM
On The Tree

very true
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

if he was scanning your car, wouldn't that be able to show that you didnt get on it....that is if you saved it. ??

if not, bi+(h slap your friend in the mustang.
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:45 AM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

I think there just trying to get YOU because they couldnt get your friend. Who knows;are you sure they saw your friend? Or is it possible that they heard the noise and when they looked up they saw your ride? First thing I would probly do is send the ticket in to fight it. When you get your court date, tell the procecutor exactly what happened. Then from what he tells you,determine if you need to fight it more.
Old 04-30-2006 | 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
if he was scanning your car, wouldn't that be able to show that you didnt get on it....that is if you saved it. ??

if not, bi+(h slap your friend in the mustang.
he wasn't recording and the cop didn't care
Old 04-30-2006 | 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

get a lawyer, right now its your word against a cop, who do you think wins. It doesnt even matter whent he cops are wrong, a judge will 9 times out of 10 side with the cop. Its a fucked up system we have, especially traffic enforcement.
Old 04-30-2006 | 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I think there just trying to get YOU because they couldnt get your friend. Who knows;are you sure they saw your friend? Or is it possible that they heard the noise and when they looked up they saw your ride? First thing I would probly do is send the ticket in to fight it. When you get your court date, tell the procecutor exactly what happened. Then from what he tells you,determine if you need to fight it more.
i think thats what might of happened but then why did she fly be me and then slam on her brakes and pull me over
Old 04-30-2006 | 11:31 AM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
i think thats what might of happened but then why did she fly be me and then slam on her brakes and pull me over

Who knows;but now its whats going on that your gonna have to think about.
Did you send the ticket in yet? First thing is first. The first thing would be to find out what the procecutor things of the situation after you tell him the story.

But, your statement that you just made will be your defence.
Old 04-30-2006 | 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

he wasn't recording and the cop didn't care
If they have a newer cop car, there dash board camera should always be on. But good luck getting the video, I bet so many cops have self incriminated themselves on their dashboard camera.

But yea that sucks big time, I hate it when cops are jerks and bully us because we have nice cars.
Old 04-30-2006 | 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would find out also what Hot Rodding is in the penal code in your state. It might not even be something that she could have given you a ticket for.
Old 04-30-2006 | 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

SVTperformance.com has a whole section dedicated to questions about the law and tickets etc... You should probably check that out.
Old 04-30-2006 | 01:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Have your friend go to work with you and be honest about the whole thing.
Old 04-30-2006 | 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Have your friend go to work with you and be honest about the whole thing.
I think you ment court? but yeah he said he'd go say it was him that they heard, but I really don't want to take the chance that the judge still says I'm lying or somthing because the ticket says its a misdameanor.

And I don't know what kind of fine or points that is?
and everbody I've talked to have never heard of hot rodding as charge,
the cop didn't even put a police code for the charge, so I'm just wondering if its legit?
or if the cop is screwing with me?
Old 04-30-2006 | 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you ment court? but yeah he said he'd go say it was him that they heard, but I really don't want to take the chance that the judge still says I'm lying or somthing because the ticket says its a misdameanor.

And I don't know what kind of fine or points that is?
and everbody I've talked to have never heard of hot rodding as charge,
the cop didn't even put a police code for the charge, so I'm just wondering if its legit?
or if the cop is screwing with me?
Probably are just messing with you get the "message" across. IMHO some cops are just high school bullies that could only find one way of keeping the bully title, I am not saying that there are some good cops, because there are, but alot of them are high school or college drop outs that think it would be cool to carry around a gun and be in control. Honestly I would be a cop if they let me patrol the freeways in a B4C.
Old 04-30-2006 | 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

your guilty by association, sorry bro, get your friend to pay the ticket, and dash cams on cop cars are only activated by turning on the overhead lights, if they are just sitting there with no lights on then the camera isnt on.
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If anything at least please not guilty:
Do not mention ANYTHING about the others being even associated with you. Do not tell them anything more then you have to. Play ignorant of the other cars and nothing more then that you were aware of them.
Tell the judge you were tuning the car and other sports cars were out in front, you were tuning and NOT going above the speed limit for that cause.
Don't forget to mention to the judge that you saw the cop, and the car lose it as they dispersed when the cop car blew past you to chase them.

side question: why was he tuning without saving the logs? Have him check and make sure it didn't autosave them.
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks dick man...i got a drag racing/burning out ticket on woodward not too long ago, cause a there were 3 red camaros all lined up at a light..the guy at the end did a HUGE smokey burnout. and when the light went green...i was the first one that left, and the cop hit me and wrote me up for EVERYTHING...which was total BS

definatly go to court and fight it...usually they just want your money..and will drop the points. and that's the most important thing is NO POINTS...then just beat the **** outta your buddies and make 'em all chip in to pay you back!
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Would it be possible to run another scan, record it, and change the date and time to accurately reflect the incident?
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Damillio
Would it be possible to run another scan, record it, and change the date and time to accurately reflect the incident?
Exactly why they would never accept it in court

Quick Reply: 'hot rodding' ticket - cops, is this BS?