Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Got 3 Tickets from the ISP

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006 | 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Default Got 3 Tickets from the ISP

Yesterday i got done getting gas and saw a State Cop looking at my car and he just got done writing up a ticket to some one in the parking lot of the gas station. He is filling out the report after he let the people go and kept looking at my car. I leave and get about 3 blocks down the highway in my town and a sate cop coming towards me whips it around and pulls me over. He gets up to my car and says i have no front license plate and tinted windows. He asks for my Drivers license and i don not have it on mr, its at home. Mind you i am very pissed (2 weeks ago got a seatbelt ticket and a warning for not havin my license wth me from tyhe ISP) So i am bein a dick and very incooperative and he asks if it is an inconvience to me and all and some other stuff. He leaves and says he is gonna write me up for tinted windows and while i am pulled over a few friends drive by and i am hangin out the window yelling at them and wavin and, this is funny, my girlfriend is right across the street getting her hair done for prom and she walks out after getting it down and is laughin her *** and she comes over and we talk while the cop is writing out my tickets. he comes up and he gave me 3 tickets and i was pretty mad. I leave get about 2 blocks down the road and he flips on his lights and pulls me over AGAIN. i had the cutout open and i thought he heard it when i left but he pulled me over to give me my reg. and insurance card back casue he left it. My mom is best friends with the local police dispatcher and when the cop went the shop to turn in the tickets she asked about me and she said he said that i had a very nice car and that he was only gonna give me one ticket but i was acting very cocky and bein very unpolite and i necer looked at him and kept looking straight ahead and that i was talkin to people while i was pulled over. So that runs my ticket count up to 6, all but 2 are equipment violations though. SO anyways sorry for the very long story just thought id share
Old 05-07-2006 | 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

people say guns have power, but honestly cops with pens have power...

you must always stay very polite and cool, if you disagree with ticket, argue it with the judge not the cop or you will always get more.

And be polite with the judge cause that dude has the power to hold you in contempt and ruin your driving future!

goodluck with it though!
Old 05-07-2006 | 10:34 PM
On The Tree

I wasnt really bein that much of a dick but i would not look at him and i was answering his questions with little words and in sorda a smart *** way i guess but i dont know, i was just pissed of casue i just got a ticket 2 weeks ago and i had on my seatbelt this time and wasnt speedin at all, the stuff i got in pulled over for are petty compared to other things. I always see people without front plates and there is actually a few other cars in town with tinted sides and havent got in trouble. I guess just wrong place at the worng time. And i know that the town cops do not care about the plate and windows cause when i got the tickets i went to the popo station and asked the ma few questions about them (no i wasnt pissed or bitchin, just asked a few questions) and they even said they dont care and the always see my car with the windows and no plate and they dont pull me over. And then about 20 minutes later i saw both the cops again that teamed up to get me and one was parallel parked and the side of the road by the gas station still and the other came up to him and sat in his car bloking half the road for at least 15 minutes. What the hell, if that was tow kids doing that they they would stroll up and tell them to get out the road that aint a parking spot. I dont know, whatever i guess
Old 05-07-2006 | 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

I got pulled by the states in Carbondale at 2:00 in the morning for doing 60 in a 30. I had been drinking, and had an empty beer and a full beer in the car. I was very polite and cooperative. I told him I had been drinking and there was alcohol in the car. I also guessed how fast I was going (I really had no idea). It was also raining so of course I was showing my a$$. He was in a black unmarked mustang. After a field sobriety test That I guessed I passed and him searching my car all I got was him to take my trash (the empty beer bottle) left the full one and the ticket for speeding. He could have ended my driving career for a very long time if he wanted to. I know I would have failed a breathalizer. So I am very confident in it pays if you are truthful and polite. Just my .02
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:41 AM
liqour enthusiest

ive learned from my experiences if your polite, the cop usually will let you go or give you a lesser of a ticket, i was caught doing 93 in a 45, i would have went to jail for reckless driving, but i explained to the cop that i was an idiot for doing it and blah blah, i thought for sure i was going to jail, he comes back with a ticket for 55 in a 45
Old 05-08-2006 | 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

YOUNG DUMB AND FULL OF ***. Been there done that.
Old 05-08-2006 | 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

let off once for no front play ion a ford contour, gotten ticketed every other time ive ever been pulled over foraccept one time i got an insurance ticxket isntead of a speeding 6 over ticket.ive gotten 3 speeding tickets (two minor, and a 69 in a 45) and just yesterday i gto puleld over and ticketed for tint and no plate.

im always polite and apologetic.
Old 05-08-2006 | 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by brad02somss
Yesterday i got done getting gas and saw a State Cop looking at my car and he just got done writing up a ticket to some one in the parking lot of the gas station. He is filling out the report after he let the people go and kept looking at my car. I leave and get about 3 blocks down the highway in my town and a sate cop coming towards me whips it around and pulls me over. He gets up to my car and says i have no front license plate and tinted windows. He asks for my Drivers license and i don not have it on mr, its at home. Mind you i am very pissed (2 weeks ago got a seatbelt ticket and a warning for not havin my license wth me from tyhe ISP) So i am bein a dick and very incooperative and he asks if it is an inconvience to me and all and some other stuff. He leaves and says he is gonna write me up for tinted windows and while i am pulled over a few friends drive by and i am hangin out the window yelling at them and wavin and, this is funny, my girlfriend is right across the street getting her hair done for prom and she walks out after getting it down and is laughin her *** and she comes over and we talk while the cop is writing out my tickets. he comes up and he gave me 3 tickets and i was pretty mad. I leave get about 2 blocks down the road and he flips on his lights and pulls me over AGAIN. i had the cutout open and i thought he heard it when i left but he pulled me over to give me my reg. and insurance card back casue he left it. My mom is best friends with the local police dispatcher and when the cop went the shop to turn in the tickets she asked about me and she said he said that i had a very nice car and that he was only gonna give me one ticket but i was acting very cocky and bein very unpolite and i necer looked at him and kept looking straight ahead and that i was talkin to people while i was pulled over. So that runs my ticket count up to 6, all but 2 are equipment violations though. SO anyways sorry for the very long story just thought id share
Sounds like you were asking for it. Learn & adapt for next time.
Old 05-08-2006 | 06:45 PM
On The Tree

I was as nice as possible the last time i got pulled over and still got the ticket. You cant win them all i guess but it was just a seatbelt ticket so who cares really. Smart off to the police and you get what you get.
Old 05-08-2006 | 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cephiros
let off once for no front play ion a ford contour, gotten ticketed every other time ive ever been pulled over foraccept one time i got an insurance ticxket isntead of a speeding 6 over ticket.ive gotten 3 speeding tickets (two minor, and a 69 in a 45) and just yesterday i gto puleld over and ticketed for tint and no plate.

im always polite and apologetic.
Were those just fix it tickets and where at ?
Old 05-08-2006 | 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Wow sounds like you deserved the ticket. I'm suprised he didnt give you more. AMEN topolice for keeping our streets clean. Although the reason you got pulled over is BS, you shouldnt be an *** to him, it makes your high school age show.
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad02somss
Nice SS! The SOM is killer on these cars!

Sucks about the tickets but sh*t happens. You're here to vent and we're here to listen.
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, first im not in high school anymore, just graduated last year and my girlfriend is a senior, but yes still young. All the other times i was very nice and everything but this i was just mad cause i was just driving along and getting gas and got pulled over. If i was speeding or not wearin a belt i wouldnt have cared. But it was so funny cause when i got pulled over it was right across the street from where my girlfriend was getting her hair done and her hair dresser goes " whoa someone in a fancy car just got pulled over, it looks someone going to prom" and so my girlfriend procedes to ask "really what does it look like" and the hairdresser says " well its a sports car and is orange" and so she immediately says "thats my prom date!!!" so she walks out after gettin her hair done and there i am pulled over and all so she walks over to me and talks to me while the cop is in his cruiser writing the tickets. when he walked up to give me the tickets he had to say excuse me mam. haha that hoguht that was funny. But no it wasnt the fact of me bein a kid still or whatever just that i didnt do nothing wrong and also i got pulled not even two weeks before that in my moms van for not wearing a seat belt (which i was nice and polite about it i can understand that one and deserved to be pulled over) so with it all together i was just a little peeved
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

It's hard to hold back anger, but in the end you just end up getting more tickets.
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Oh and by the way thanks for compliment on the nice car, i think it looks really badass with the window tint on it know (5% on the rear and only 20% on the sides)

Quick Reply: Got 3 Tickets from the ISP