Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where did you guys get your car tuned at??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I would not want to take my car to a shop where the owner sends PMs to other users like this:

Originally Posted by Straightline
Do not ever again use the name of my shop in a thread mentioning your **** hole of a shop. I do not in any way want to be associated with you or Tony or anyone else there. I also do not want people to think we "work" together because I couldn't stomach the thought of it. To be clear I don't want you mentioning my shop's name in your threads unless it is to flame me. I don't need your help. Help like yours is what closes places down for good. Maybe you should go back to a Big Wheel, I hear they're pretty safe. Jim
Tony and myself have never bad mouthed Straightline in any way. Tony left with no hard feelings and started his own shop for the better. I am glad each have their own shop as I know Tony at Outlaw is doing great, and I have heard the same of Straightline. I no longer work for Tony and wish the best of luck to both Jim and Tony's shops. I will not turn this thread into a flame war like Jim wants it too, I will leave that up to him. I am a grown up and act like it!

Schultzp85:

I have had tunes from various shops, and even tuned it myself using HP Tuners, and I had my Camaro since 02. I had the best tuning done by Mike. Give Tony a call at Outlaw; 815-730-3900 and he will set up an appointment for you with Mike to get the best tuning in the Chicagoland area. Good luck to you regardless of who you go with.

Last edited by 4thGenCamaro; 06-04-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, you're a ***. Get a crying towel and go sit in the corner where you'll be safe.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

I and several of my friends have had excellent results with Chad at Greenlight Motorsports located in Kokomo IN. He uses the new EFI Live Flashscan and Roadrunner system to tune while driving, real time tuning can't be beat! My car runs very well, better than ever before. Price is less than most any other shop I have ever encountered....

SDB
Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

greenlight all the way...chad did a wonderful job
Old 06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Launching!

I had a local guy who does most of the cars at the vette shop up in mundelein do mine, really good guy will dyno tune too pm me if you want his info i would have to make a call or two tho
Old 06-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

Matt, you're a ***. Get a crying towel and go sit in the corner where you'll be safe.
That is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard a sponsor say on this site. I don't see why anyone would want to bring there car to someone with the business ethics you possess. Just sad.

Speed Inc. is a great shop and I have heard good things about there tuning. Anyone ever try Street Stuff? I plan to do heads soon and am going to attempt to tune myself.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Tenured Member

For anyone reading this thread please do not think that OOtlaw and Straightline are the same shops. At Straightline we have a dyno that is actually set in the concrete. That's right, in the concrete. It is not a "portable dyno" they use at ootlaw. Mike does tune at both shops. He is an excellent tuner. If I were to get my car done I would choose Straightline, well, because I own it. But I also know the staff at Straightline is very accommodating and will work with you until you are satisfied. Our shop is also twice as large and can handle more volume. Give us a call! But my main point here is we are not associated in any way with ootlaw motorsports.
Yes folks, we do have a portable mustang dyno, no difference in a dyno that is in concrete except that its portable for your convience. Also we dont thrive on bragging about the size of our shop because it doesnt really matter and doesnt make the cars any better thats in it, except that you can store more in it. What matters to us is the work that goes on inside the shop, we will get you top qaulity over here at "OUTLAW" Motorsports. I guess you could say we believe in quality over qaunity.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tony is the man..I gotta make an appt soon to get my junk tuned Tony
Old 06-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Kakarot2569
That is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard a sponsor say on this site. I don't see why anyone would want to bring there car to someone with the business ethics you possess. Just sad.
I forgot about this thread. I am glad others see it too and it doesn't look like some sort of a shop war. Others like to "talk" until they're blue in the face about how great their shop is, where Tony's stand up work and Mike's tuning do the talking for them. That is why the customers come back again and again! Take care guys
Old 06-06-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
Yes folks, we do have a portable mustang dyno, no difference in a dyno that is in concrete except that its portable for your convience. Also we dont thrive on bragging about the size of our shop because it doesnt really matter and doesnt make the cars any better thats in it, except that you can store more in it. What matters to us is the work that goes on inside the shop, we will get you top qaulity over here at "OUTLAW" Motorsports. I guess you could say we believe in quality over qaunity.

Oh yeah....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/517291-outlaw-motorsports.html
Old 06-08-2006, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Does anyone have contact information for Greenlight Motorsports?

My friend needs a tune done rather quickly, and both FLP and Outlaw are booked for a few weeks.

TIA.

Edit* Nevermind. I didnt know they are a sponsor.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Outlaw should pay their bills. There's some ethics right there!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

I have had my car tuned at Straightline, Speed Inc and Outlaw, and was happy with all three tunes. I'll continue to go to Outlaw since Tony knows my car better than anyone else.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, quality sponsor material right there.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Quality
Old 06-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Ok, this thread has run it's course. I think everyone who reads this thread can make their own educated decision of which shop to go to.