Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Im done for the season

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about it mike.

I agree with as stated above, there is NO-WAY to give a 110% gurantee that the rod bolts where torqued properly.

Dude I know you are discouraged, but **** everyone and have a few beers and build a bigger better beast!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Even more reason for LME to help you out more. I see where you are at now. I am just trying to run solid 11s and would be disapointed if something went wrong.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's really unfortunate man, I know your pain. Thankfully I cought my spun bearing right away before it did more damage than it already did..crank had to be cut/polished, ruined that one rod, cylinders need to be honed, etc.

i'm having the engine builder upgrade my rod bolts to the better ARP version than my current ARP to add alitte more security.

real sorry to hear once again.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CrawlinWS6
That is cool that your going to try and do what you can. But you can't honestly sit there and say there is NO possible way the rod bolt could of been over looked. Unless you were the person that put that exact motor together. You can no speak on the workers behalf. IMO
I personally assembled this particular short block. I spent many hours on the machine work and assembly of the entire original engine. I actually remember the build quite well and can assure you that every bolt in the engine was torqued properly. All the engine builders I currently work with and have worked for, know how meticulous I am when it comes to this very subject.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

CrawlinWS6, before you spout off you should realize that Bryan DOES assemble the engines at LME. He is also a top graduate of SAM, not some chump with a couple wrenches.

Before you go blaming LME for this situation, question why it didn't come to pieces sooner, especially if this was bought 2nd hand and was already running in another car. Loose rod bolts don't take more than a few miles to cause bearing failure and eventually rod knock.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by 88 MONTE
i dont mean to sound like a dick, but i bought a motor from a certain speed shop, had literally 15 miles on the new motor (street driving ) and i blew the motor up. i spun a bearing. they had their "best guy" working on it. They replaced it for free because people make mistakes. even the engine builder swore he torqued the rod bolts down. i sent it to a reputable engine builder (also not a sponsor on this site) and they said they werent torqued down properly.
you could be gods gift to engines and still make a mistake. im not saying he made a mistake but people do.
the motor already had a few hundred miles on it.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

what the hell where did the original post go???
Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 AM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
what the hell where did the original post go???
no clue?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

I thought it was a new motor not second hand. Different story I guess.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Tenured Member

Sorry to hear that mike! I guess I wont put that video up of it on the dyno. Ive been down the "Im selling it all" before but then you will get that bug that bites you in the *** again. Im sure within a couple of weeks or once you go to the track again it will happen.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by Bryan@LME
I personally assembled this particular short block. I spent many hours on the machine work and assembly of the entire original engine. I actually remember the build quite well and can assure you that every bolt in the engine was torqued properly. All the engine builders I currently work with and have worked for, know how meticulous I am when it comes to this very subject.

Cool, I am simply just saying you or anyone could of honestly made a mistake. No one is perfect, and everyone screws up. Now I am not saying that is what happened, and you are to blame for his situation. But simply stating that it is a possibility.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
CrawlinWS6, before you spout off you should realize that Bryan DOES assemble the engines at LME. He is also a top graduate of SAM, not some chump with a couple wrenches.

Before you go blaming LME for this situation, question why it didn't come to pieces sooner, especially if this was bought 2nd hand and was already running in another car. Loose rod bolts don't take more than a few miles to cause bearing failure and eventually rod knock.
That IS why I stated "unless you are the person" I said what I said as a possible reason. Did not make that statement to offend anyone, or make anyone crabby!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Restricted User

I agree with the human error comment, no one is perfect. However, I do wish i stuck around last week when his car was here on the dyno getting tuned though. I would've loved to see it rip, I heard it was pretty crazy.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Mike / Tuff,

When I ordered a convertor from coan, I believe I was talking to Craig, he talked about your car with such passion. I've never met you or seen the car, but I knew he was talking about your car from seeing it online. I think he even told me your email address and screen name lol. Very nice guy. Anyway that's a terrible thing to happen. A lot of people were/are impressed with your car. It would suck for you to leave the game on this note. I hope somehow things work out, and you will be racing again next year.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Fast94
Mike / Tuff,

When I ordered a convertor from coan, I believe I was talking to Craig, he talked about your car with such passion. I've never met you or seen the car, but I knew he was talking about your car from seeing it online. I think he even told me your email address and screen name lol. Very nice guy. Anyway that's a terrible thing to happen. A lot of people were/are impressed with your car. It would suck for you to leave the game on this note. I hope somehow things work out, and you will be racing again next year.
Yea craig is a very good guy and has been around for a while.He knows his ****.My whole goal this year was to he the fastest nos lsx in the country.I think that would be great for the midwest.But i really stept out on a limb to pull off what i did this winter was hard enough.Now to to get three HP hits on a motor and blow it just sucks.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

the way i see it is this could be a win situation for Bryan@LME by helping tuff out a little here & there on his next build & being a sponsor that we will all look up to!!!!just a thought
Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by heymoej
the way i see it is this could be a win situation for Bryan@LME by helping tuff out a little here & there on his next build & being a sponsor that we will all look up to!!!!just a thought
Well that would be great but im still waiting to here from bryan on how much.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

still no word from him ?? did andy talk to him yet ?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

The way I see it is if they help you out of this jam and you break the reccord they would see lots more business. I know I will want a boost motor eventually and I am still up in the air on who to get it from.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

So how much power and what times were you running N/A since so many hear say it was a beast?