Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Electrical or Mechanically inclined people looking for a job?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical or Mechanically inclined people looking for a job?

Ok I need to hire some more people for our department and our HR department isnt cutting it with the people they are sending us so Im seeing if I can some people on here. I work for Tweeter Home Entertainment and we are looking for people for our Tech Support Call center in Des Plaines, IL.

I need people who have electronics or mechanical knowledge who can troubleshoot complex home theater systems over the phone with multiple zones and control systems. All you need for experience is someone who can hookup a home theater system or can do most of their own electronics hookups. If you have the basic knowledge I can teach you the specifics. Experience is nice but not required if you can sell me on yourself. You will usually spend 3 or 4 hours a day on the phone and the other half doing paper work tracking it. This isnt a typical call center job. Your receiving and making calls, emails, and stuff handed down by the bosses. You usually will spend around 5 minutes on the phone with each customer but can spend as much as 30 minutes on the phone. You will use our own Point of Sale system, Access, Email, and web based applications.

Below is the description our HR department put together.

Tweeter is very customer oriented and "Super-Satisfying" is what we believe in. Our Rapid Response Department is seeking a candidate to work as a Customer Service Representative at our regional corporate office in Des Plaines, IL. This individual will work as a team in making Tweeter and the department successful in their dealings with Tweeter customers and associates.

Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the retail process and possess excellent customer service skills. The CSR performs duties in a team environment while retaining the ability to empower themselves to perform their specific job functions and make decisions that are in the best interests of the customer and the company. The CSR must be able to work with a personal computer and other business machines.

Job duties will include:
* Handling a large volume of calls in a "Call Center" setting along with providing customer service for in-home repair requests, immediate customer complaints, and following-up with customer calls.
* Data entry work will be required
* Ability to type at least 35 WPM
* Creating and closing work orders, creating invoices for exchanges
* Immediate follow-up with customers
* Ability to coordinate and communicate with other departments, staff, and outside contractors

Candidates must have:
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Previous "Call Center" experience
* Prior experience in a fast paced retail environment a plus
* Provide customer support
* Direct/Telephone customer service experience is required (preferably in a retail environment)
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word.

Personal Characteristics Needed:
A Self-starter who can make quick decisions, take direction well, and can communicate clearly with customers. Customer service oriented...do what it takes to exceed their expectations!

Required Time For Training:
Hands on Service Training and Customer Service Techniques will be provided as well as computer program system training. On the job training, until you are comfortable working independently.

Additional Information:
Hours for this position are open for discussion - seeking candidates flexible to a varied schedule. Monday through Friday, hours between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. This is a non-exempt position paying between $12.00 to $14.00 per hour.

Depending on your experience and how good you are at selling yourself to us we can possible do better on the pay.

If you think your qualified go to http://careers.tweeter.com/ and then search for jobs in Illinois and find Customer Service in Des Plaines. Make sure you also email your resume to me at pcyr@twtr.com so I can flag your application and push it through. I need to fill one position now and possible 2 more in the next 3 months so send it as soon as possible.

And we do have drug testing and a background check.

Some of the benefits are health insurance, paid vacation, and a discount on all product and services we sell(eligable after 90 days).
Old 06-06-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

sounds liek my kinda job, accept i woudl snap at every stupid person that calls asking retarded questions, im not a very goodpeople person :p
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cephiros
sounds liek my kinda job, accept i woudl snap at every stupid person that calls asking retarded questions, im not a very goodpeople person :p
Yea patience is a requirement at this job.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sending a pm

Quick Reply: Electrical or Mechanically inclined people looking for a job?