Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Lafayette Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny Street Race today.

I was on 18th street today coming from 350S. I saw red camaro Z (lt1 I think) ahead of me. As he went past Mill creek apts. a red Mustang (99 style) pulled out behind him. We all arrived at the next yellow light together. They both reved a little and as soon as the green hit they both took off. Camaro pulled on the mustang (as expected) both cars chirming the gears into 2nd and probably hitting 3rd (I didn't take off fast enough to keep up). Then mustangs pull ahead of camaro and then hard brake lights on mustang. A black Lafayette cop car was coming right at us. He flew in front of me into the apartments on the right and slammed it into reverse. I look up and both cars had gotten over the tracks and up to Brady and through the light. Cop couldn't get out of the apts. due to traffic. Camaro pulled off left onto a side street and booked it. Mustang stayed on 18th to Teal and I lost him to go get ice cream with my g/f. I was hoping to see more like a double pull over or something. If either of you are on here consider yourself lucky because the cop was trying his hardest to get back out and after you two. Thanks for saving me too because I would have done the same thing.
Brandt
Old 11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lafayete here. I occasionally see a few people at BK on teal, but usually stangs and trucks. No f-bodies. Any good local hangouts?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

i have a few friends that go to purdue so i've been up in lafayette a lot latley not always in the car though still id be up for some get togethers
Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

I'm here...still! NMB WS.6 if anyone sees me, say hi! Its the stock one on campus.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am over on campus everyday. I clean the regions bank right across from the basketball arena. My car is always sitting there at night, usually around 9-10pm. I also work the purdue mens and womens basketball games and i always have mine parked on the ramp going into the football stadium. YOu should look for it sometime. Its a real clean Black
WS6. Ill keep an eye out for your car.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

You don't happen to cruise down to C'ville do you ? I have seen a car that matches that description in town a few times when I'm out in my Z.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Cvaught- I park really close, my car is usually parked there at the church on Meridian right across the street from Mackey. Does your car have the front license plate bird painted red?

MaLfUnCtIoN- I didn't know if that question was towards me or not...I cruised around with you and CashMoney a few years ago. I was the kid with the black Formula... I now have the T/A. I havn't been to C'ville with it however. Is your Z still crazy clean? I remember being in awe when you told me the mileage!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Hey what's up! How is the dealership doing, still in the family? I didn't know you were still in Lafayette. Yes I still have the same "Z" and it has a few more miles on it. I have been thinking about a new bullet for it. I can't decide which way to go since there are so many different combinations and variations in the LS series.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Yup! The dealership is doing pretty well. I'll be around here for this year and next, trying to wrap up my pharmacy degree. Good luck with your bullet decision...there are more than a few options, haha. Maybe we could all get a group together here in the spring...or even the winter...its still my all weather car!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

I can see how the dealership is doing well. Pontiac has some exciting cars in their lineup.
In fact my Daughter just purchased a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT and she loves it. I like it myself it is a fun little car. I would be interested in the G8 if it was a two door.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, MALFUNCTION, I have family in C-ville and i am usually there at least twice a week. My car has the polished stailess steel Trans am letters on the side, thats a good identifier if u see me. The rest of the car is pretty blacked out, its also pretty loud, Loudmouth 1 on it. Ill keep a look out for you.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Black formula 01- I actually just traded my firebird in for my ws6. My firebird had a ws6 hood on it and had the red front license plate decal on it. I am pretty sure i know excatly where u are talking about. Did you used to have a black formula, and now you drive a Dark blue WS6. I know last year a black formula or firebird sat there. I noticed this year, a dark blue WS6 sits in the same spot now. Is this you? I put the parking lot signs out for all the purdue basketball games and I always pass that church and noticed the bird and now the WS6. Here is a link to see my new car and the old ones.
http://www.fquick.com/Cvaught

Last edited by Cvaught; 11-04-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, Pontiac has some really exciting cars out...the G6's are very nice and are such a step up from the Grand Am's...everyone that buys one seems to really like them a lot! Oh, and the Solstice GXP...that is a very, very fast car...

You have the spot down! That was my old formula, and now thats my t/a. i miss the formula because it was a sleeper, and quiet a bit faster than the t/a (probably because it was an auto and this is my first manual car) but that t/a is my dream f-body. I hope to see you both around again, and if i run into you, be sure to say hi. I'll do the same!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man, will do. Did you get your WS6 from Raisors used lot. I looked at one that looked just like yours when i was looking for mine. It was actually traded into raisors by a buddy of mine. It was a six speed, about 90k miles on it, i think it had a small crack in the dash, limo tint. They were asking way too much for my budget soo i passed it up. That doesn't happen to be the one you bought, does it?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

I didn't get it from Raisor, how long ago did he have that car on the lot? My family owns a Pontiac dealership, so when it came across the lot and I snatched it up. This car was owned by the couple that used to own Rinker Marine up in Syracuse, IN. Thats all I know about the car...they traded it in on a '05 Lemans Blue C6 that we had.

By the way, congrats on the WS.6! I saw the page and it looks nice! Black is a beautiful thing for the 30seconds its clean! I've felt your pain haha.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was on the lot about 4 months ago. It looked just like yours, thats why I thought that you may have bought it. Anyways, I love the new ws6, the blue looks awesome! Maybe ill see ya around sometime.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Yup! The dealership is doing pretty well. I'll be around here for this year and next, trying to wrap up my pharmacy degree. Good luck with your bullet decision...there are more than a few options, haha. Maybe we could all get a group together here in the spring...or even the winter...its still my all weather car!
Getting together in the Spring sounds great. I hope we have more show up than we did the last time.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cvaught
Yeah, MALFUNCTION, I have family in C-ville and i am usually there at least twice a week. My car has the polished stailess steel Trans am letters on the side, thats a good identifier if u see me. The rest of the car is pretty blacked out, its also pretty loud, Loudmouth 1 on it. Ill keep a look out for you.
That matches the description of the T/A I have seen in town so I would assume it was you. Any F-Body stands out as we are outnumbered by Mustangs and Ricers.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, i don't believe I have seen another WS6 in crawfordsville for several years. I have seen a few trans am's, but no WS6's. Yeah, the F-body's are lacking in c-ville. I do see a few camaros ever now and then, i sure wish there were more of us.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Launching!

come check the fortwayne crowd out fortwayneracing.com

Quick Reply: Lafayette Indiana