Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

GLD Race Day 8-11 This Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GLD Race Day 8-11 This Friday!

Hey everyone,

I'm heading out to GLD this Friday for an event and wanted to post it up in hopes some more f-bodies would come out and show these guys how to race!

Here's the details: We'll have the track rented from 1pm until 5pm and then you can opt to stay the rest of the night for open to the public test and tune all for $40 per racer. Spectators will cost $10 per person. We should have a great turnout with LOTS of different cars running, from exotics (one of Ryan's many cars, to possibly a full race car ( Lucas Oil MSP solara) With the limited attendance we can basically hotlap for the most part . Make sure you mention you are there for the CHI2k6 racing event at the gates.

There will be lots of Supras and other quick imports so we need some American muscle representation!

If you have any questions, contact Chris at 847-778-4413 or email christhreadgill@ameritech.net

Thanks guys

Will
Old 08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks for posting Will!

Hey guys, I want to extend the invite to everyone here. I've rented GLD for this Friday (sorry for the late notice) and need a few more cars to show up so I don't go broke renting the track my wife is just itching to have something on me LOL kidding.

Anyways, it's primarily for a supra event I've put together but I also have a bunch of other cars attending, including vettes, AEM LT1 TA!!!!! Ford GT, Porsche 996tt, Mustangs, LS1's, supra's, my car, vipers, etc.. It'll be a great day and it looks to be a PERFECT weather day. Also, slicks only night is the night before, so I hope the track is still nice and sticky

We have it rented from 1-5pm private and then can stay for test and tune from 5-11pm all for $40 per racer, or $10 for spectator. We'll probably get in as many runs as we can handle during 1-5 with about 35-45 cars coming.

If you guys want to head out just shoot me an email letting me know to expect you at the gate. You can just pay me as you enter. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Jim (intmd8) get out to the track!!! Same to Andy (LastLS1) hit me up guys.

details here for Friday
www.chi2k6.com

Chris
Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

chris, I hopefully will be there along with john d'amico and his tt viper. i'll be busting his ***** about going all of tommorow.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Teching In

yak, you must have talked to Paolo LOL that exactly what I told him to do was bring it out to the track on friday!! I know he's going to dyno it Saturday with us though, so I'm excited to see what she does. Time to sell the SC

Look forward to seeing you out. I'll see you at the gate, and hopefully we can hang out for a bit.

Chris
Old 08-10-2006, 05:05 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

chris hopefully we'll be there tommorow. I didn't talk to him today but I was in his car last night. holy ****, that thing pulls like a ****. i'm stil waiting on a peice for my rearend so hopefully it will come before tommorow morning.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:51 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

chris, sorry I didn't make it. had some **** that came up. Anyway I heard it pulled pretty good on the dyno. I was amazed at the torque curve that thing made.