Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

i'm the target of a hate crime...anyone need a roomie?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ws6sojuiced01] when people come to your yard then and im serious if the law says its ok then i would shoot them for trust passing and indangering your life with threats. tries that **** on me.

we have that in TEXAS! sucks tho ppl actually do this ****, hope they get caught and learn a lesson
Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

That's out of control, I'd be staying up nights with my neighbours with a few shotguns. I would probably fire them in the air at first.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear this ****!!! if it comes down to violence make sure you put a piece of your property in there pockets,watch,wallet or what not.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from Champaign and I own a building about 10 miles outside of town. If you want you can keep your mustang in my shop for a couple months, but its gotta be out before winter. It will need a cover on it and although I most likely need them, leave the keys in case we absolutely have to move it or if theres a fire or something. Also my insurance won't cover your car, so keep it insured with your carrier. I just cleared a spot for mine for the winter but until then its open, you don't have to pay me, maybe one day I'll need a favor. Let me know, and good luck!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If guns aren't your thing, you might want to check out this website for ideas on weapons for home/self defense:

www.coldsteel.com

As for storage for your upcoming 'stang, can you keep it at your house in Champagne?

Again Dave, really sorry to hear about this mess.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. But whatever you do, keep the Mustang elsewhere.

-Ryan

hey Ryan....and everyone......

thanks for all the input and concerns. my house actually does not have a garage, but i found an inexpensive alternative, so to speak. Menards has an easy up type of garage, the largest being 12'Wx20'Dx9'H. it's $1820, but that's only 10 months worth of renting at $180/month. thanks for the offer TS6, you're about an hour south of me, so i'm gonna see what it will cost for a storage unit in Watseka.

as for the d'heads, i've come up with a few ideas, including something cool from coldsteel.com.....a 54" Sjambok! i've already placed my order and it will be here Wed. i'm also picking up a pair of camcorders with night vision capability and at least 6 hrs of record time each. i'm working on getting a few more things including 3 motion sensors that will alert me when they're activated and depending on which one goes off, i'll know where about on the property they are.

my first objective is to get them on film. once i accomplish this, depending on wether or not i see a gun of course, i'll make my move. my neighbors son is home from Iraq right now, he's a Marine! i'm gonna see if he's up for some recon' and *** WHOOPIN!!!

i'll be checking out an Army surplus shop this week too. i'm hoping it's like in the movies where after telling the guy what's going on, he takes a look around, closes the door, puts up the closed sign, pushes a button and the secret entry way opens up, and inside.............................. i think you know where it goes from there. lol. not very likely i suppose.

anyway, i'll probably keep you posted. i'm really hoping to avoid getting myself into trouble taking care of these punks, but the law is kind of silly when it comes to these matters. but i'm definately taking the non-lethal route, which is why i bought the sjambok, and why i'll also have something a bit more solid too, like a bat, or my uncles axe handle. i'll just have to wait to see how it all plays out, but i like the joint imobilization method. <--this seems like a good visual!

later.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by rubber duck
Just a little FYI. You have every right to end a threat who is immediately endangering your life or the life of someone around you. Unfortunately this does not hold true for property crimes. If you were to shoot a guy for spray painting your car, as shitty as it seems, you would be going to jail.
yea, something like this just happened a few months ago where an older couple heard noises out on their farm, by the barn or something. i heard he came outside, the would be thieves got scared and ran to their pickup. he fired a shot at the truck, and killed the passenger and is now waiting trial for murder. pretty f'd up imo!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Dave,

Good choice on the Sjambok! I think you'll really like it. I'd suggest doing some pratice strikes to get used to it before using it on a live target. Maybe try hitting some wood at first, just to get the wrist action down. Then you can move up to something more life-like; perhaps a water mellon, egg plant, etc. Cold Steel also sells a training vid that will teach you all kinds of tricks with the Sjambok; it's really a very useful weapon. The vid is something like $200 though, I haven't bought it yet but I hear it's pretty detailed.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
btw........i may also be interested in hiring a guy who's last name ends with a vowel and is in need of CASH!
My name is Derek Nadeau****

And I need a job!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nikos95
My name is Derek Nadeau****

And I need a job!

lol. i'll keep you posted if it gets any worse.

RPM WS6.........i'm gonna get some practice in, but i'm not dropping $200 for a vid. it's not that hard to swing it like a bat when i see the whites of their eyes. i like the reach it has, as well as it being unbreakable. and for $20, i couldn't beat the price. no pun intended.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i say you grab a couple cases of beer and a shotgun and blast anything that moves near ur mustand that is bullshit
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Tell us where you live, im sure some people would be down for a late night *** kickin if we're near the area..... even though its a mustang lol just kiddin
Old 08-13-2006, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=SSilverSSurfer][QUOTE=ws6sojuiced01] when people come to your yard then and im serious if the law says its ok then i would shoot them for trust passing and indangering your life with threats. tries that **** on me.

I am with you on that ****.

But as far as the sword i am partial to that. Ever played baseball? Are you pretty strong? Just go pick up a cheap 20$ baseball bat at walmart.

Last edited by irbs; 08-13-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 AM
dug
Banned

weird
Old 08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=irbs][QUOTE=SSilverSSurfer]
Originally Posted by ws6sojuiced01
when people come to your yard then and im serious if the law says its ok then i would shoot them for trust passing and indangering your life with threats. tries that **** on me.

I am with you on that ****.

But as far as the sword i am partial to that. Ever played baseball? Are you pretty strong? Just go pick up a cheap 20$ baseball bat at walmart.

i've got my sons aluminum t'ball bat that i keep in the car, but the sjambok has a much longer reach and has a whip effect when struck with it. as said by another, it will split skin! it's not a sword, it's a polymer type material from the looks of it, and it can be folded in a bow shape, or wrapped 360* around a mans neck without any problems or concerns about breaking. i'm really hoping to catch this person or people on camera, and follow them back to their house if they're on foot, or get a plate # if they arrive in a car. we all agree that it's got to be somebody very local. so we'll see what happens. it'll be a week before i've got what i need to get started. so we'll wait til then to repaint the garage to give them a clean canvas.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

If your local police department is not doing anything use it to your advantage. Set up a couple of cameras, as well as log and record every call or conversation with the police. If it continues with a lack of urgency from them then sue the hell out of them and make them pay to relocate you. If you didnt have kids I would say beat the little bastards... but since you have kids you dont want to draw any additional attention. It makes it a little harder when the bastards know where you live. Collect a lot of info, and let the people doing it and the police pay for your new house.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
btw........i may also be interested in hiring a guy who's last name ends with a vowel and is in need of CASH!
My rate nowadays is low. Send me a PM if you are interested. I have all the necessary equipment and silenced firearms. You won't even know that I was there until you wake up in the morning and see dead bodies laying all over your yard. The price does not inculde the cleanup. I don't do that ****. Let me know Dave
Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Retired Street Racer

P.S. If you take it into your own hands and wound them, prepare for a lawsuit. Make sure you kill them so the cops can't get their statement. I am being serious, no joke. My Dad had a similar situation happen to him at his house. Cops told him that...don't wound them, kill them!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt D
P.S. If you take it into your own hands and wound them, prepare for a lawsuit. Make sure you kill them so the cops can't get their statement. I am being serious, no joke. My Dad had a similar situation happen to him at his house. Cops told him that...don't wound them, kill them!
My grandpa said the same thing. "If they know where you live dont let them walk away." It makes sense if you think about it.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:17 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Actually you guys are right. Killing is usually the best option, because it won't allow them to further escalate the situation, nor can they file lawsuits.

Basically, if they are armed (hence your life is in danger) and they are in the process of attacking you (not running away), and you kill them on your property, you should be OK. To be on the safe side, I probably wouldn't let the cops know that you were waiting for these ***** to show up though. Just say that you went outside because you heard a noise, then the punks attacked you with intent to kill (easy to prove if they are armed with any sort of weapon), so you fought back until the threat was over (target was eliminated). As for your neighbors being out there to help (assuming there is a group of these punks and you need the help), they heard the fighting and went out to see what was happening and were attacked as well.

End of story.

Not sure how you feel about killing, but personally in a situation like this I wouldn't have any moral struggle with it at all; my ONLY concern would be the legal implications...so I'd plan very carefully. People like these are a burden to society; they have nothing to offer the world but misery and we'd all be better off without them. No loss there.

Anyway, chances are that even if you don't catch them, they'll eventually move on to bother someone else. And let me tell you, they are playing a VERY dangerous game. ******* with/vandalizing property of/threatening random people like that is extremely stupid. Eventually, they'll **** with the wrong house and they'll wind up either dead or in wheelchairs.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

These guys all make good points, but please dont go into it premeditated. If you get stuck in a bad situation do what you have to do, but dont put yourself in danger. You dont know them, and you dont know if they are carrying guns. Moving is the right idea, just make sure you and your family feel safe. Its probably cheaper to get a new place, instead of paying for storage. And it will be a huge breath of fresh air once you get everything moved out of there... I'm pretty level headed though. If you were talking to my brother he would tell you to do burnouts on their face!

Quick Reply: i'm the target of a hate crime...anyone need a roomie?????